20 second incursions...

"
Qiox wrote:
"
dirtpoorchris wrote:
That sounds like a great gameplay mechanic

"just ignore it till later"

thanks for the tip

It is an end game mechanic that you can sample while leveling.

Unless your build is really bad, your issue will disappear in the level 55 to 65 range. Eventually you will full clear the zone, kill the architect you want to kill, open the door you want to open and walk back to the teleport out point because you don't want to stand around waiting for all the extra time left to tick down.

I think the problem is with lower level incursions there isnt enough blue monsters or something. So i just run around for 10 seconds to find 20 white normal monsters and it ends. Its reallllly a bad introduction to the game for new players especially if this whole patch launch is centered around it. Seems like such a HUGE oversight over such a minor thing....

Why not talk to the pyramid lady to make it so 40 seconds gives you no MF boost. 30 seconds gives you 10% MF boost. 20 seconds gives you 20% MF boost. and 10 seconds gives you 40% MF boost. Excuse could be that the lady costs more power to keep you there longer so you dont get her BF boost when shes with you at the end. It "made her tired".
Its like some High End Bosses like Shaper... u cant kill them with every Build/Skill.

I play Sunder Jugg and Blade Vortex Elementalist and have no Probs clearing the Rooms. Most time i port out by myself cause Timer still running.
Don't believe the Hype!
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
this league is a sarcastic punishment from GGG....like: "you love clear speed ? ok...so,we gonna make it absurdly mandatory...have fun now !!! "

ps : i have no problem to clear all the league content but i find it so cartoonish.....

first of all you don't need meta builds to open all the gates u can and kill the architect and all mobs.
just need enough dmg to 1/2 hit packs which is easy enough with most builds!

just need to think before u enter one and not open random doors or move a random direction!

git gud! really if i can do it everyone can xD
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
this league is a sarcastic punishment from GGG....like: "you love clear speed ? ok...so,we gonna make it absurdly mandatory...have fun now !!! "

ps : i have no problem to clear all the league content but i find it so cartoonish.....

first of all you don't need meta builds to open all the gates u can and kill the architect and all mobs.
just need enough dmg to 1/2 hit packs which is easy enough with most builds!

just need to think before u enter one and not open random doors or move a random direction!

git gud! really if i can do it everyone can xD

Pretty much. Each type of room has a pretty distinct pattern. Once you play them enough it is not hard to clear even on slower builds. Slower builds are a bit tougher, but it is very doable even at higher tier maps with an even short starting timer.

I like challenges and nothing challenges you like a timer in a room with some rippy monsters running around, like 50 constructs aimed and shooting you as you enter ;)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
this league is a sarcastic punishment from GGG....like: "you love clear speed ? ok...so,we gonna make it absurdly mandatory...have fun now !!!"

Agreed. I think Chris, Jonathan, and other top devs were very disheartened (pissed to be sure) that they got so much of "Bestiary sucks... beast encounters slow down my progression" feedback to the point that they said in their private meetings "look we've gotten a ton of hate posts over Bestiary mechanics, let's go 180° other direction and make the next challenge league be a racer dream league." Thus we have Incursion that requires speed racing the temple in 20 secs to kill the mobs and get a key to unlock the door and link it for access in the present day final incursion and kill architects to change the room or raise the room level. That means probably 98% of builds are not going to meet the minimum kill speed threshold to be able to clear the mobs and get the key fast enough. My first build was too slow so at level 75 I gave up and made a 2nd build with Arc trapper Saboteur + Flamethrower trap just to be able to make temple runs fast and progress. You know what, it does work. It's terrible challenge league mechanics to invalidate 98% (maybe 99%) of all builds but that's GGG's answer to all the "Bestiary is too slow" QQers. Here's temple incursions, now race to your hearts content, and you wanted this so do not complain to us that your favorite build isn't fast enough (QQers crying will fall on deaf ears).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 27, 2018, 6:01:10 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
this league is a sarcastic punishment from GGG....like: "you love clear speed ? ok...so,we gonna make it absurdly mandatory...have fun now !!!"

Agreed. I think Chris, Jonathan, and other top devs were very disheartened (pissed to be sure) that they got so much of "Bestiary sucks... beast encounters slow down my progression" feedback to the point that they said in their private meetings "look we've gotten a ton of hate posts over Bestiary mechanics, let's go 180° other direction and make the next challenge league be a racer dream league." Thus we have Incursion that requires speed racing the temple in 20 secs to kill the mobs and get a key to unlock the door and link it for access in the present day final incursion and kill architects to change the room or raise the room level. That means probably 98% of builds are not going to meet the minimum kill speed threshold to be able to clear the mobs and get the key fast enough. My first build was too slow so at level 75 I gave up and made a 2nd build with Arc trapper Saboteur + Flamethrower trap just to be able to make temple runs fast and progress. You know what, it does work. It's terrible challenge league mechanics to invalidate 98% (maybe 99%) of all builds but that's GGG's answer to all the "Bestiary is too slow" QQers. Here's temple incursions, now race to your hearts content, and you wanted this so do not complain to us that your favorite build isn't fast enough (QQers crying will fall on deaf ears).

Except that much of what you said is not true. People have already been doing the incursions with all kind of builds. I started with a fast clear build, because I thought you would have to have it. However I have since had no problem with Cyclone, Jugg, and even an Incinerate build. He Jugg only has +10 movement speed and he has cleared many Tier 14+ incursions. Sure there is not 20+ seconds left on the timer like my clear build, but he generally has a few extra seconds.

It in no way invalidates 98% of builds, not even remotely close. I am not even a no-lifer and am much more of a casual player and I have been able to figure the patterns out and figure out how to do it, after several fails up front. It really is not that hard.

Second, you don't just have 20 seconds to clear, you have quite a bit of time, if you clear the mobs first. Hell I have cleared and opened 3 doors and still had more than 20 seconds remaining on the timer.

As for Bestiary, I was not a fan of that league. However it was not because of the "slowness" or anything like that. It was because it was a broken mechanic and just not ready for prime time.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Last edited by DS_Deadman on Jun 27, 2018, 6:31:07 PM
"y dod u made sluw ppl?" says most incursion fans while completely forgetting all the whining they did during bestiary when they couldn't capture anything because "i too mach damuge, no taking no animul, plis nurf"
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:

The overall feedback to Bestiary was positive, just the trolls were talking it down and sadly, they got all the attention.

Bestiary, while not perfect was a great addition to the game, as it could be played by everyone equally well. You did not need the perfect gear or build, no everyone had access to the set items and crafts.

Incursion is the total opposite, you must play a certain build, have keys drop right in front of the right door, else you can´t succeed and even if you succeed, there is no real reward.
My first temple was a 5 map dungeon, no drops, nothing. Since I had no access to the top, I was left with empty hands.

How is this encouraging? It seems like a total waste of time and this turns away a huge amount of players. Let´s look at the forum, we have almost nobody here talking, except the usual trolls. Without the trolls, we might look at 10 new pots a day, which is quite a sad state for a game that once was different and better than others.

Now we run rifts like at other games all the time, it´s jut not POE anymore.
"
dirtpoorchris wrote:
I didnt know any of that shit.... I just picked up a controller and started playing.

And I have earthquake 1 hit kill, build so i can kill shit as I run past it and got quickslivers and nice run speed.

Its bad design even if you did manage to ignore half the game just to fit in your "super fast" playstyle that I cant get to even though Ive bumped up all the speed things I can find.

I think im already over it I kinda dont even wanna play anymore.

Glad all you super badged out fanbois knew the secret recipe before hand. I assumed I could just pick up the game and play it and most builds would be OK.

You can 1 hit kill and you say you have nice run speed.
What's the issue? You DO know that as you kill mobs inside incursions the timer goes UP......right?
I find that no matter what I play around 40-ish Incursions get easier.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info