Individual Loot Option

Individual loot is a very simple concept. Want to have fun playing with strangers? Well, split up their loot so that grieving does not occur. There is no other way to solve this problem. Ranged will be at a disadvantaged in a shared loot system. Players being forced into solo games because they are ranged? Not Fun, not in the least.

And if my friends aren't on to play with me?

Give party leaders the option of Individual loot only drops. In these games the loot that drops will drop for each individual player. So, 5 players, 5 different loot drop possibilities for each player. You kill an enemy, maybe it drops nothing for you, but it drops something for 2 of the stranger's you're partied with.

Maybe they give you the loot as it's an upgrade, well, there you go friendship is possible.

This idea that you must have tension in a game is okay except when it comes to loot. A game is meant to be enjoyed, you should be having fun, not stressing out over losing some loot that someone swiped faster then you.
Happy Days Abound.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
There have been some (quite lengthy) threads on the whole loot topic before.

The current status given by the devs is that Cut-Throat and Hardore leagues will more than likely be free for all loot (which makes sense to me). As far as how loot will be handled in the default league, they haven't said yet.
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
I agree with silver. I like the hardcore concept, but if some stranger can just grab my hard-earned loot then I want no part of it. Same with PvP and even PvP hardcore leagues.

But yeah, this has been discussed to death on another thread.

I will say this: This feature alone in Diablo 3 would convince me to spend $60 and devote all my time to it rather than do both or just PoE. This loot issue is a very big issue and the fact that a good solution has been revealed via D3 means at the very least that should be implemented in any other aRPG, imo.
Couldn't this 'issue' simply be resolved by having 'looting privilege' ?

Player having done the most damage to the target get looting rights on items (assuming that loots drop on the floor beside the mob instead of looteable corpse) ; This would affect only items such as weapon & armor, potions, gold & perhaps even gems should be excluded.

Even better if its possible to implement without being too resources consuming, make this a global timed thing, say basically something like 10 seconds for items on the ground to become lootable by all.

This would ensure that people with large AoE specialization are on even ground with 'single-target' melee fighters.
I have followed this game for a while and it looks awsome. The individual loot is a major concern for me, specially because i like to play with other people. Nobody wants to play for hours and hours and see that fantastic item drop, just to see some random guy take it before u can...
I havent seen any official info on this yet so im curious to see what the word is.

Edit: The 1 big thing D3 did right was to implement this option, it would be imo a bad decision not to put this in, at least for the non-hardcore gametypes
"
FruitLord wrote:
if some stranger can just grab my hard-earned loot then I want no part of it. ... the fact that a good solution has been revealed via D3 means at the very least that should be implemented in any other aRPG, imo.

If you're playing in "6 people, 6 different classes party", your praised loot system will deprive you of 83.33% drops. Rare and expenssive bow goes to the only Archer in party, that contributed to kill very little - it's better that way than to pick it yourself and sell / trade for items you need, yes?

D3 loot system rewards the most those that should be punished the most.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Again Silver :) I should have thought you were the one who opened this thread.

Back to the topic, this is no Diablo 3. This is no casual game. This is a hardcore game.

We've debated about loot-system for a long time and it's not the time to flame the discussion again.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
tormenta wrote:
"
FruitLord wrote:
if some stranger can just grab my hard-earned loot then I want no part of it. ... the fact that a good solution has been revealed via D3 means at the very least that should be implemented in any other aRPG, imo.

If you're playing in "6 people, 6 different classes party", your praised loot system will deprive you of 83.33% drops. Rare and expenssive bow goes to the only Archer in party, that contributed to kill very little - it's better that way than to pick it yourself and sell / trade for items you need, yes?

D3 loot system rewards the most those that should be punished the most.

What? You make up some strange example and then claim that example shows that D3's loot is bad? D3's loot will give each person their own set of drops. So when 8 people kill Diablo, they each see 2-4 items drop...their own items. Instead you would rather see 6 items drop and have the person on top of the corpse grab them all? Makes no sense.
I haven't sad what I would rather see. I said D3 loot system sucks.

A lot of things makes no sense to you later, and you miss the point way too often. Why not do yourself and others a favour and turn your computer off till D3 comes out? Thanks.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
I dont understand all the negativity about D3s loot system...Every person in the party gets his own loot, instead of having to be close to the boss when he is low on health so u can spam left-click and if your fortunate u get 1 of the drops.This is especially akward for long range chars like ranger/wizard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info