[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
5StrokeRoll wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Just another question:
I don't feel much comfortable with using Blady Flurry to proc Blind...
My intension currently is to use maybe Orb of Storms (although I know it has less base crit chance), with Blind and Increased Crit on a 3l for bosses.
With this setup you gain another 4l for your vaal skills or other stuff.

What's your opinion on that?
Or is there a killer argument for using Blade Flurry I just don't see?

What about Frenzy to get charges for single target? Anyway I agree that I would be much more comfortable with an Orb of Storms for EO while I run around. I just thought I could also use Frenzy from time to time. Maybe a 4L shield charge - FA - fortify - frenzy to still get a lot of fortify uptime in maps, but for single targets I can refresh frenzy charges and fortify at the same time.
"
Eärwing wrote:
"
5StrokeRoll wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Just another question:
I don't feel much comfortable with using Blady Flurry to proc Blind...
My intension currently is to use maybe Orb of Storms (although I know it has less base crit chance), with Blind and Increased Crit on a 3l for bosses.
With this setup you gain another 4l for your vaal skills or other stuff.

What's your opinion on that?
Or is there a killer argument for using Blade Flurry I just don't see?

What about Frenzy to get charges for single target? Anyway I agree that I would be much more comfortable with an Orb of Storms for EO while I run around. I just thought I could also use Frenzy from time to time. Maybe a 4L shield charge - FA - fortify - frenzy to still get a lot of fortify uptime in maps, but for single targets I can refresh frenzy charges and fortify at the same time.

Frenzy could get bit too hectic for my taste ;-p
But to get more boss dmg I would probaly use a vaal lightning trap...
"
fELonius1 wrote:
I hope you’re right. I was going to try CI howa totems this league anyway, but I really like your itemization. Hadn’t considered the potential of signets + all uniques. The bright side, if I’m right, is that there will be more lab farmers enchanting the vertex.

I think hybrid chests will be more popular then the double ES roll Splendour for tricksters as it doesn't have that much evasion on it, it seems many of them are going hybrid and want a life roll as well. The vertex will probably be desirable for them so we shall see if thats actually enough to put a noticeable dent in the market or if the atziri runners just do more runs with their stock selling faster

Ok thats fair we just have different impression of what the words were. This build doesn't get unstoppable or those sorts of things so when you hit a floor trap you are locked in place and you won't be setting speedrun records

@Eärwing & 5StrokeRoll

Blind has a 10% chance to occur. Crit on bladeflurry is 18% and orb of storms would be 15% so you'll probably trigger an overload before a blind in either case

Checking this I would have a 0.33 second cast time on orb of storms which then as far as I could tell hits once per second. This means it takes about 10.33 seconds to apply the blind, provided they remain in range of the orb

Blade flurry benefits from our attack speed and I had 7 attacks per second so it takes about 1.45 seconds to apply a blind. It has similar range to orb of storms too

I did consider using frenzy instead of flurry. Frenzy has 4.4 attacks per second so it takes about 2.3 seconds to apply blind and it would increases the dps on this build a decent amount. However keeping track of charges is annoying and frenzy requires an extra second of attacking plus the extra time of you character making sure they are in direct melee range

I considered using ancestral call to help as it adds a decent range to frenzy but I'd need to drop the increased crit gem which lowers the crit chance down to 7% which adds more standing still time to proc everything. Same reason why I didn't drop one of the gems to add increased aoe gem to flurry

All in all I decided that flurry was the way to go. Quick hit procs everything and then you are free to shield charge around dodging anything you feel like dodging. In my experience getting that blind on right at the start and halving their chance to hit for the rest of the fight was safer then any other option
"
WaffleT wrote:
@Eärwing & 5StrokeRoll

Blind has a 10% chance to occur. Crit on bladeflurry is 18% and orb of storms would be 15% so you'll probably trigger an overload before a blind in either case

Checking this I would have a 0.33 second cast time on orb of storms which then as far as I could tell hits once per second. This means it takes about 10.33 seconds to apply the blind, provided they remain in range of the orb

Blade flurry benefits from our attack speed and I had 7 attacks per second so it takes about 1.45 seconds to apply a blind. It has similar range to orb of storms too

I did consider using frenzy instead of flurry. Frenzy has 4.4 attacks per second so it takes about 2.3 seconds to apply blind and it would increases the dps on this build a decent amount. However keeping track of charges is annoying and frenzy requires an extra second of attacking plus the extra time of you character making sure they are in direct melee range

I considered using ancestral call to help as it adds a decent range to frenzy but I'd need to drop the increased crit gem which lowers the crit chance down to 7% which adds more standing still time to proc everything. Same reason why I didn't drop one of the gems to add increased aoe gem to flurry

All in all I decided that flurry was the way to go. Quick hit procs everything and then you are free to shield charge around dodging anything you feel like dodging. In my experience getting that blind on right at the start and halving their chance to hit for the rest of the fight was safer then any other option

Thanks for the explanation. Your arguments are more than reasonable to me...so Blade Flurry it is :-)
Guys, we can lvling whit Flameblast totems.
1-12 freezing pulse+flame totem. FP+added cold+added light
12-28 firestorm+firestorm totem, after AB double firestorm totems (FS+conc+controlled destr)
28-* double flameblast totem. (FB+faster casting+controlled destr)
FB very small mana cost, we can run discipline+anger, and have ~50 manapull. FB cost 16, easy.
We dont need change passive tree. Not need uniques, only life+res+spell damage rares\magic.
I tested it for lvl 1-40, easy, damage enough for 1shot white packs, and 2shot blue packs. Just run and drop totems. After Normal lab and get +1 totem all way be very comfort and easy game.
We can use it until we have 3-5-7 chaos orbs for buy Whispering ice.
"
Templar - Hierophant

Sanctuary of Thought: Now grants 10% less Mana reservation of Skills.
Illuminated Devotion: The small passive leading to the notable now grants 10% increased Spell Damage, rather than Area Damage. The Notable has been completely reworked and now grants: 25% increased Area of Effect while you have Arcane Surge, 0.5% of Spell Damage Leeched as Life while you have Arcane Surge, and 40% increased Spell Damage while you have Arcane Surge.
Added a new notable - Arcane Blessing: Grants Arcane Surge when you or your Totems hit an Enemy with a Spell, and causes you to be Immune to Elemental Ailments while you have Arcane Surge. Arcane Surge gained this way grants 10% more Spell Damage, 10% increased Cast Speed, and 0.5% of maximum Mana Regenerated per second for 4 seconds.
Conviction of Power: Now grants 50% chance to gain a Power Charge when you place a Totem, 5% reduced Elemental Damage taken while you have an Endurance Charge, and Damage Penetrates 5% Elemental Resistances while you have a Power Charge.
Pursuit of Faith: Now grants 100% increased Totem Duration, and can have up to 1 additional Totem summoned at a time.
Ritual of Awakening: No longer causes you to deal 7% less Damage per Totem. Now allows you to summon 1 additional totem at a time (down from 2), and grants 50% increased Totem Placement speed. Causes you to regenerate 0.5% of your Mana per second per Totem, and you and your Totems to Regenerate 1% of Life per second per Totem.

We got f...ed or what ?
Last edited by ryugaminemikado89 on Feb 28, 2018, 4:09:29 PM
"
"
Templar - Hierophant

Sanctuary of Thought: Now grants 10% less Mana reservation of Skills.
Illuminated Devotion: The small passive leading to the notable now grants 10% increased Spell Damage, rather than Area Damage. The Notable has been completely reworked and now grants: 25% increased Area of Effect while you have Arcane Surge, 0.5% of Spell Damage Leeched as Life while you have Arcane Surge, and 40% increased Spell Damage while you have Arcane Surge.
Added a new notable - Arcane Blessing: Grants Arcane Surge when you or your Totems hit an Enemy with a Spell, and causes you to be Immune to Elemental Ailments while you have Arcane Surge. Arcane Surge gained this way grants 10% more Spell Damage, 10% increased Cast Speed, and 0.5% of maximum Mana Regenerated per second for 4 seconds.
Conviction of Power: Now grants 50% chance to gain a Power Charge when you place a Totem, 5% reduced Elemental Damage taken while you have an Endurance Charge, and Damage Penetrates 5% Elemental Resistances while you have a Power Charge.
Pursuit of Faith: Now grants 100% increased Totem Duration, and can have up to 1 additional Totem summoned at a time.
Ritual of Awakening: No longer causes you to deal 7% less Damage per Totem. Now allows you to summon 1 additional totem at a time (down from 2), and grants 50% increased Totem Placement speed. Causes you to regenerate 0.5% of your Mana per second per Totem, and you and your Totems to Regenerate 1% of Life per second per Totem.

We got f...ed or what ?
no, we still get 2 additional totems (read pursuit of faith). The nerf is sanctuary of thought. That hurts.
Last edited by fELonius1 on Feb 28, 2018, 4:30:56 PM
"
fELonius1 wrote:
no, we still get 2 additional totems (read pursuit of faith). The nerf is sanctuary of thought. That hurts.

Umm what nerf we only got buffs. They added less mana reserved which lets us make some tree changes.

Do you mean the scion change? Cause that is not quoted and doesn't effect the heirophant build
No, the originally announced (last week) sanctuary of thought with basically free skills and 30% of mana as ES. I’m at work, so I can’t play around with it to see how 10% less reserved compares, but at first glance it sounds like a big EHP loss, with a DPS boost from whatever else can be fit in now.

Edit: my mistake, the way I read the patch notes (sanctuary of thought only had 10% mana res listed) I thought they removed the other things. I see it’s still there. Awesome.
Last edited by fELonius1 on Feb 28, 2018, 6:26:27 PM
I don't understand how do you have overcapped resists? Even with your passive skill tree and gear + jewels combined you only add up to like 40 (taking into consideration the endgame kitava affliction), and according to your pastebin, you have 115% resists on everything, and 100% chaos resistance? HOW?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info