[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
scott4040 wrote:
hey, have you experimented getting some of the lightning damage nodes with % chance to shock? you can easily get up to 40% chance to shock with a lot of shock effect along with it. could end up being a lot of damage, but no way to test in pob. ofc it depends on your dps and target hp

TLDR: Shock is bad

Shock is best with builds doing one large hit intermittently. This build splits its damage into 4 different sources and gains a large amount of it damage via attack speed which is the opposite of what makes a good shock

Swapping from ele focus into lightning pen to allow shock loses us 18% damage so in order to make it worth the investment of getting shock chance and assuming that you get and maintain a shock every 2 seconds you also need to be getting *at least* 25% more damage from it.

To get a 25% shock you need to do 5% of their max HP in 1 hit. I have 3.44 attacks per second and 4 totems so if I was doing 5% of their HP in a hit then they are only going to be alive for 1.45 seconds without the shock anyway.

There is some wiggle room to those numbers if you increase the effect of shock and assume that they are shocked on the very first hit and it was the top end range then you could probably double that number but that still only improves dps against things that would have been dead within 3 seconds and lowers your dps against anything stronger.

I wanted to crunch the numbers and see how much lightning damage you needed to score a shock on a guardian but I couldn't find reliable data on their life total, I would be curious if anyone has that data. Also the Pob detailed calcs page doesn't seem to be displaying the lightning bracket properly to get a theoretical top end lightning hit that also occurred as a ruthless blow.
Hey WaffleT,

first:
tyvm for your detailed build guide. I like totems and really appreciate the use of uniques only in every slot (for several reasons)...as far as I see, your build offers decent clear speed, boss killing ability and a safety play stile. I've been looking for an allrounder for some time.

so second:
I am planning to go for this build as my league starter (and probably only char) in 3.2 bestiary sc (though I'm not sure wheather totems are the best way with the new capturing mechanic...totems might kill uncontrollable before you can throw the net?).

Well, I hope going through act 1 to 10 won't be a real issue with any rare weapon, especially with the ascendancy changes where you get your 3rd/4th totems quite early without disadvantages.
Since Int offers not much without HoWA, thinking of taking some other totem dmg nodes first, like Shamanistic Fury or Shaman's Dominion, and respec them later.
And I don't mind dying in some situations either...

Just wanted to know your thoughts on another aspect:
Since some of the used uniques wont be available or way too expensive early in the temp league (mostly Shaper's Touch, The Vertex and Atziri's Splendour), how far can u go without them?
While imo unique helmet and body armour can be treated as quality of life and might be substituted temporarely quite easy, Shaper's Touch seems essential for hit chance and thus damage.
So do you lose too much acc/dmg without Shaper's Touch in early endgame?
Or will it be a torture at some point without them (or other recommended items)?
If so, how could you compensate that lack?

Sorry if these are noobish questions and for my English...
is this build good for farming UberLab early in the league ?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
This would be low on my list of choices for a budget (aka early league) lab farmer. Slayer for over leech/bleed immunity trivializes traps, then build it to face tank. That would be my choice.

Edit: just saw ascendant, that would be my lab farmer. Slayer/jugg or something.
Last edited by fELonius1 on Feb 27, 2018, 6:33:35 PM
"
fELonius1 wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
This would be low on my list of choices for a budget (aka early league) lab farmer. Slayer for over leech/bleed immunity trivializes traps, then build it to face tank. That would be my choice.

Edit: just saw ascendant, that would be my lab farmer. Slayer/jugg or something.

I never said it would be the ideal build, but would it be a good build for lab farming?
ans isnt 9k ES with cheap items like that quite good?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Feb 27, 2018, 6:46:04 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
fELonius1 wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

I never said it would be the ideal build, but would it be a good build for lab farming?
ans isnt 9k ES with cheap items like that quite good?
they won’t be cheap early, and I think the trickster rework will make vertex and splendour quite expensive. The damage is more than enough, but traps are a bitch for ES builds.
Last edited by fELonius1 on Feb 27, 2018, 7:02:35 PM
"
5StrokeRoll wrote:
Just wanted to know your thoughts on another aspect:
Since some of the used uniques wont be available or way too expensive early in the temp league (mostly Shaper's Touch, The Vertex and Atziri's Splendour), how far can u go without them?
While imo unique helmet and body armour can be treated as quality of life and might be substituted temporarely quite easy, Shaper's Touch seems essential for hit chance and thus damage.
So do you lose too much acc/dmg without Shaper's Touch in early endgame?
Or will it be a torture at some point without them (or other recommended items)?
If so, how could you compensate that lack?

Sorry if these are noobish questions and for my English...

Last league I farmed aqueduct in act 9 for tabulas and sold them until I had all the gear. This didn't take too long as even at its most bloated and expensive price the shapers gloves are still cheaper then the good rares that most people would be looking for. Its the most common drop from shaper so sellers often know they need to move the gloves early as the supply will only get higher and higher over time

"
fELonius1 wrote:
they won’t be cheap early, and I think the trickster rework will make vertex and splendour quite expensive. The damage is more than enough, but traps are a bitch for ES builds.

You are asserting several things as fact that I highly doubt. The cost of these items is measured in chaos not exalts and due to how the bosses they drop from are farmed constantly the prices drop every day. Sure they will be a bit high on the first days or so but you are expecting a dramatic change in the economy of this league compared to every other league and while I see why you would make that prediction we have yet too see. Tricksters will increase the demand but the supply used to quite outpace the demand so we shall have to see how that supply keeps up

"ES is bad for traps" Is true for ES leech builds which 99% of ES builds are. This is a recharge/regen build which handles traps much easier
I hope you’re right. I was going to try CI howa totems this league anyway, but I really like your itemization. Hadn’t considered the potential of signets + all uniques. The bright side, if I’m right, is that there will be more lab farmers enchanting the vertex.

I didn’t say ES is bad for traps... more that it’s annoying. A *good* lab build is able to ignore all of its mechanics, and face tank izaro, even if fully buffed. This build looks to me like it will spank izaro easily enough, but it’s at best *OK* for lab. Not crapping on the build by any means... if a build in this game is equally good at everything, it sucks at everything. The guy I was replying to asked if this was a good early league lab farmer.... the answer is no, it will manage, but there are much better choices if you want to run labs.
Last edited by fELonius1 on Feb 28, 2018, 7:22:31 AM
Dbl posted, sorry
Last edited by fELonius1 on Feb 28, 2018, 7:22:10 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Just another question:
I don't feel much comfortable with using Blady Flurry to proc Blind...
My intension currently is to use maybe Orb of Storms (although I know it has less base crit chance), with Blind and Increased Crit on a 3l for bosses.
With this setup you gain another 4l for your vaal skills or other stuff.

What's your opinion on that?
Or is there a killer argument for using Blade Flurry I just don't see?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info