[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
MuCephei wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:

I initially thought this but then remembered how I usually bought my HOWA day 2 or 3 of a new league. I don't know how many people already having a level 8 zana leveled and ready to run breach every map by then

I kinda feel like the normal mappers finding breeches outweighs the elite who can power level zana like that but I don't have proper data and I am curious. I'll be watching the market and see if I can gleam any info on how many people can actually power level zana like that and if the hand of thought and motion price drop down to 1c slows down noticeably because of it or not

Well in that case it might be feasible, yeah. I won't be able to play this weekend so I'm forcefully going to start league in day 3, will look prices then decide. Always wanted to play a HOWA build (didn't do it when it was hyper OP and kind of feel bad)

I’m also starting late (Monday,maybe Sunday night if I’m lucky), and I’ll be shocked if it isn’t available by then. Still probably going to level with firestorm totems into flameblast totems until at least 70.
Great belt for this build just revealed on reddit.

Cyclopeon Coil is too good I really don't see anything beating it, Mine currently gives
142 Int
40 Str
36 Dex
60% increased damage
Immune to Shock
Immune to Ignite

The tactician is neat and resistances usually open more options but it just can't compete.

I'll be curious to see what other unique items we get this league and if anything will beat a slot. Helm, Chest and boots are the 3 slots that are *really good* instead of *broken* so I'll keep an eye out for any *broken* new releases
"
5StrokeRoll wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
MuCephei wrote:
This build looks good except for the fact that there are no breach zana mod in this league.
So HOWA price is going to skyrocket (or more precisely, the blessing).

Feels Bad Man

I initially thought this but then remembered how I usually bought my HOWA day 2 or 3 of a new league. I don't know how many people already having a level 8 zana leveled and ready to run breach every map by then

I kinda feel like the normal mappers finding breeches outweighs the elite who can power level zana like that but I don't have proper data and I am curious. I'll be watching the market and see if I can gleam any info on how many people can actually power level zana like that and if the hand of thought and motion price drop down to 1c slows down noticeably because of it or not

Think you're right.
Day 2 or 3 in league (almost?) noone has/had Zana lvl 8.
Furthermore there are a lot of new devination cards, that give breach related stuff.
So (depending on drop rates of these cards of course) breach domains/breach items might not be rarer then before imo....

There is no Zana breaches in this league guys))
Seems like an interesting build, I'll probably respec my beastiary leaguestarter to this at some point.

One small thing I noticed is that you have purity of elements and overcapped resistances while using Atziri's Reflection. That shield also has "Unaffected by Curses" so there's no need to overcap the resistances, so you can run another aura or herald instead.

edit: I just realized I had wise oak active while looking at resists... so maybe you just wanted to be resist capped even unflasked.
Last edited by chinz on Mar 2, 2018, 7:50:20 AM
The build looks extremely solid and well-tested, great work! Tempted to run it later into the league when HOWAs hit the market.
With zana mod removed getting the weapons will be a bit hard and very very expensive cant see this build working out this league. Looks good though
"
chinz wrote:
Seems like an interesting build, I'll probably respec my beastiary leaguestarter to this at some point.

One small thing I noticed is that you have purity of elements and overcapped resistances while using Atziri's Reflection. That shield also has "Unaffected by Curses" so there's no need to overcap the resistances, so you can run another aura or herald instead.

edit: I just realized I had wise oak active while looking at resists... so maybe you just wanted to be resist capped even unflasked.

I'm 40% overcapped while using wise oak and 5% overcapped when not using anything. I always make sure to be capped without flasks active as yes bad things can happen

"
Aziah wrote:
With zana mod removed getting the weapons will be a bit hard and very very expensive cant see this build working out this league. Looks good though

This has been asserted but in every past league claws were already dropping down to affordable prices very very early in the league before people have a level 8 zana to force breach. The market actually gets a decent amount just from the breaches that naturally occur during all the mapping. Its entirly possible that the loss of zana breach means that the claws won't get down to its 1c cost but that doesn't make them expensive
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 2, 2018, 9:21:54 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
chinz wrote:

I'm 40% overcapped while using wise oak and 5% overcapped when not using anything. I always make sure to be capped without flasks active as yes bad things can happen

"
Aziah wrote:

This has been asserted but in every past league claws were already dropping down to affordable prices very very early in the league before people have a level 8 zana to force breach. The market actually gets a decent amount just from the breaches that naturally occur during all the mapping. Its entirly possible that the loss of zana breach means that the claws won't get down to its 1c cost but that doesn't make them expensive

I doubt it will drop to 1c, but I wouldn’t expect it to be very expensive. 60% res, 30% ms boots will probably cost more in the first 2 weeks. Splinters and breachstones will definitely go up in price as people move on to their second characters, but Esh items just aren’t in high demand. Blessings should be reasonable.
Last edited by fELonius1 on Mar 2, 2018, 10:57:04 AM
Is leveling as AW better than other totem options? Dark Pact, Frostbolt, Flameblast, Freezing Pulse, Glacial Cascade, etc.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info