[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

what about Conviction of Power? endurance charges for more damage metigation and 40% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge wich help with proc E.O. maybe we can also drop the setup that proc E.O. and replace it by ...XXX?
"
HISCH wrote:
what about Conviction of Power? endurance charges for more damage metigation and 40% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge wich help with proc E.O. maybe we can also drop the setup that proc E.O. and replace it by ...XXX?

And give up an extra totem, or a boatload of ES and free casts?
Last edited by fELonius1 on Feb 25, 2018, 8:30:52 PM
Hand of Thought and Motion and then Hand of Wisdom and Action but before that esh domain should be farmed before it's available in markt. i usally get to mapping in my first session, what Weapon replacement do you suggest untill it is on the market?
"
fELonius1 wrote:
"
HISCH wrote:

And give up an extra totem, or a boatload of ES and free casts?

i was thinking of dropping sanctuary of thought, you are right we lose
1- ES
2-free spells

i did not play this build before but i played 3 Totem AW before.

MAYBE it's better because: yes when we change points we always lose and gain something.
in the other totem build i played mana coast was not a problem at all.

yes we lose lose valuable ES BUT we win
1-40% 40% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge wich help with proc E.O. and we have higher DPS

2- Endurance charges

4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge - wich balance "a bit" the loss of ES, more mitigation
4% to all Elemental Resistances per Endurance Charge - wich this build starve for it! and because it all ele res, it works well Wise Oak

3- 5% reduction elemental damage taken
4- 5% Penetration! huge dps boost since we do 99% ele damage.
------------------
overall we give up some ES and free cast to gain way more DPS and more metigation(phys resist, ele resist, ele damage reduction taken). am not trying to convince anyone, just want to have feedback if someone else how played this build and have more experiece then me with this this build.

cheer Exiles :)
"
HISCH wrote:

MAYBE it's better because: yes when we change points we always lose and gain something.

1-40% 40% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge wich help with proc E.O. and we have higher DPS

2- Endurance charges

4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge - wich balance "a bit" the loss of ES, more mitigation
4% to all Elemental Resistances per Endurance Charge - wich this build starve for it! and because it all ele res, it works well Wise Oak

------------------
overall we give up some ES and free cast to gain way more DPS and more metigation(phys resist, ele resist, ele damage reduction taken). am not trying to convince anyone, just want to have feedback if someone else how played this build and have more experiece then me with this this build.

Free skills is not a benefit because mana regen is a problem, this build could never possibly have mana problems but it allows us to run "no mana/life regen" maps without issues since we spend pretty much all mapping time at full ES due to our recharge

You seem to underestimate how much ES sanctuary of thought is providing. Its about 40% more ES, my Abyss character was getting 2850 ES and after the 3.2 changes It will be giving over 3000 ES for an endgame character

5% penetration from conviction is actually only 4.4% more damage since we already have alot of pen. The new sanctuary of thought actually got better in 3.2 now giving 10% less mana reduced which lets us change some aura nodes into damage nodes that will give more damage then that pen would be giving

The resistances per endurance charge will be pointless since you would still want 75% without charges so you don't get caught off guard when you just get into map or accidentally let your charges fade while looting. With the new fated shield we'll be immune to curses so we don't even need to run a removes curse flask to deal with ele weakness anymore

The power charges are pretty useless as regardless of crit chance we need a rapid attacking move to force proc ele overload and then you have nothing better to do then apply blind with flurry anyway

In the event that conviction of power can reliably sustain max endurance charges then still all that would be giving is 12% less physical damage and 5% less elemental damage taken. That is considerably worse then the 40% more ES that sanctuary of thought gives
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
HISCH wrote:

2- Endurance charges

------------------

Free skills is not a benefit because mana regen is a problem, this build could never possibly have mana problems but it allows us to run "no mana/life regen" maps without issues since we spend pretty much all mapping time at full ES due to our recharge

You seem to underestimate how much ES sanctuary of thought is providing. Its about 40% more ES, my Abyss character was getting 2850 ES and after the 3.2 changes It will be giving over 3000 ES for an endgame character

5% penetration from conviction is actually only 4.4% more damage since we already have alot of pen. The new sanctuary of thought actually got better in 3.2 now giving 10% less mana reduced which lets us change some aura nodes into damage nodes that will give more damage then that pen would be giving

The resistances per endurance charge will be pointless since you would still want 75% without charges so you don't get caught off guard when you just get into map or accidentally let your charges fade while looting. With the new fated shield we'll be immune to curses so we don't even need to run a removes curse flask to deal with ele weakness anymore

The power charges are pretty useless as regardless of crit chance we need a rapid attacking move to force proc ele overload and then you have nothing better to do then apply blind with flurry anyway

In the event that conviction of power can reliably sustain max endurance charges then still all that would be giving is 12% less physical damage and 5% less elemental damage taken. That is considerably worse then the 40% more ES that sanctuary of thought gives

Tank you Wafflet, when you put it this way, you are right, it's defently better, am conviced, Tank you again.

P.S. Hand of Thought and Motion and then Hand of Wisdom and Action but before that esh domain should be farmed before it's available in markt. i usally get to mapping in my first session, what Weapon replacement do you suggest untill it is on the market?
"
HISCH wrote:
Hand of Thought and Motion and then Hand of Wisdom and Action but before that esh domain should be farmed before it's available in markt. i usally get to mapping in my first session, what Weapon replacement do you suggest untill it is on the market?

Hand of Thought and Motion is good enough for mapping but generally doesn't enter the market at a decent price until day 2 of a new league so if you want to map day 1 of the league you'll need to compromise

Option 1
Best one handed weapon you can find, probably an elemental claw. Non HOWA ancestral totem builds seem to do fine with the kinds of generic attack speed/totem nodes we get at the start of the tree and the first two lab runs now give alot more damage then before so this should be managable

Option 2
Whispering icestorm totems. This will scale off Int and so should easily have enough damage but could be a bit complicated as you need enough mana regen to sustain its high cost and you will need to make up the resistances for not using the shield. This would probably be done on your rings
Waffle, I know you said you are waiting for the patch notes before posting an update, but could you upload a new POB? Level 90ish, with a Flask or Jewel having the new Ascendancy stats, etc. I imagine you've done this already for yourself :)
"
BlueeGreg wrote:
Waffle, I know you said you are waiting for the patch notes before posting an update, but could you upload a new POB? Level 90ish, with a Flask or Jewel having the new Ascendancy stats, etc. I imagine you've done this already for yourself :)

Yeah sure I just added the new stats onto the claw

https://pastebin.com/gtw9wGYr

There may be more changes and the ES regen might have more potential but yeah I'm waiting until patch notes before I do too much testing
hey, have you experimented getting some of the lightning damage nodes with % chance to shock? you can easily get up to 40% chance to shock with a lot of shock effect along with it. could end up being a lot of damage, but no way to test in pob. ofc it depends on your dps and target hp
Last edited by scott4040 on Feb 27, 2018, 1:26:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info