[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
nbminh5595 wrote:
You have EE. Won't attack with SR make the enemy have +50% fire res?

SR/RF are degens, they don't hit, therefore they don't set EE.

SR is a spell, not an attack
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
nbminh5595 wrote:
You have EE. Won't attack with SR make the enemy have +50% fire res?
Both SR and RF are Damage Over Time degens. They don't hit, don't apply EE, can't leech, don't get reflected back to us, etc etc.

The only skills we have that impact EE are the Orb of Storms and potentially our Shield Charge if we have added cold or lightning to attacks on our gear (and why you can't have added fire on it).
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Iplayferal wrote:

the problem with the shields is,

http://poe.trade/search/ummawazitonoim

are the only two i can seem to find and they are both not really decent, am i wrong?

Imo they shouldn't be too hard to craft. Just buy the base, and alt/aug/regal spam till you get +2 fire res and good ES roll. Then multimod with whatever you want.

Also, make sure it's ilevel 80+ or else you can't hit the +2 fire res eldritch mod
"
Psyonix wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Iplayferal wrote:

the problem with the shields is,

http://poe.trade/search/ummawazitonoim

are the only two i can seem to find and they are both not really decent, am i wrong?

Imo they shouldn't be too hard to craft. Just buy the base, and alt/aug/regal spam till you get +2 fire res and good ES roll. Then multimod with whatever you want.

Also, make sure it's ilevel 80+ or else you can't hit the +2 fire res eldritch mod

There was a guy selling shields with +2 to max fire resistance and 230ish ES shields for 6ex. He just spammed tons of alts to get the mod, then added ES and 1 resistance with multiple mods. He said the shields cost about 75c, 50c if you're patient and snipe a good price. 4ex may be enough to make one yourself if you have your masters leveled.

Keep in mind it's a bit of a trade-off. Your raw ES will go up, but you'll lose some of your maximum fire resistance and regen.
Last edited by vhapter on Feb 4, 2018, 1:07:05 PM
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
vhapter wrote:
EDIT: The maximum ES circlet I've found were barely over 300. I take it the Vertex is a more solid option and all I should worry about is the reservation enchant to do away with conquereror's efficiency instead? Probably gonna sell me lvl4 enlighten then.
The gains from switching to a rare helm aren't really in the helm itself, but in the freedom it gives you to upgrade other gear. If you can pick up stat requirements on your helm it makes filling out resistance/strength/dex requirements elsewhere easier, which gives you a better opportunity to scale ES/damage/regen on those other pieces. The other option there with helm which would probably work out a lot cheaper than buying the enchant is to grab one of the essence crafted helms with 5% reduced mana reserved (might be worth crunching the numbers there to see if even a 4% or 3% essence craft might be enough for you and your setup).

That said, the boost the +1 Vertex gives is substantial and can save a lot of currency... so not something I'd rush trying to switch out until you've exhausted other cheaper upgrades.

Conq Efficiency on the other hand is horrible. Sure it's a route to getting all six auras up, but it's seldom a good one. I'd swap my gems around to be BM > Enlighten > PoI > Discipline in the helm and Vitality > PoL > lower level Clarity (6) in the boots, dropping the Empower entirely for now.

Making that change costs you 8.6 Net Regen, 71 ES and a temp drop in your max lightning res from 81% to 79% (that loss will disappear once you level PoL to 20, in which case both setups would give you 81% max res). However now you have a free jewel slot from dropping Conq Efficiency which can more than offset those losses and give you big gains.
You can also add in an Enduring Cry/Decoy Totem/any other red gem you like to give you added utility in your boots.

With a level 6 Clarity in that setup you've 63 unreserved mana and 84.5 regen, more than enough for anything we need to cast.

Thanks for the reply.

And yeah, swapping is certainly an option. I can even cast my golem without dropping vitality. You can't sustain SR for more than 4-5 seconds though. That could be annoying against bosses.
"
vhapter wrote:
You can't sustain SR for more than 4-5 seconds though. That could be annoying against bosses.
Hmmm. Something odd happening there. With 84.5 mana regen you shouldn't be falling short that soon (or at all, I would have thought).

I'm on 65.1 mana regen and I get well over 10 seconds (same cost scorching ray) before it begins to struggle. At that point I'd always be either re-positioning or recasting my Orb of Storms anyway, or in most cases the enemy is already dead, so doesn't impact me in a noticeable way at all.

You weren't testing it anywhere that could have had other mechanics messing with it (unid'd map, Elreon daily, etc)?
If not, I'm guessing it's another case of issues with delay between your client and the servers. Which sucks.
Just killed all the end-game bosses with 7.7K ES and some underleveled gems. Only died once during my Shaper runs and that was to boss at the end of the transition phase LOL. Great build would highly recommend every to try it!
Last edited by Blondo1 on Feb 4, 2018, 3:27:09 PM
hey, can we make the build run 1 more aura ? is there a option
IGN: YamiCurseWhisper
"
azraelbg wrote:
hey, can we make the build run 1 more aura ? is there a option

If you get a 5% reduced mana reserved hubris with 20% reduced mana reserved on top of that, I think it might be possible to run arctic armour. I was going to go that direction, but I decided Chaos+dual res on helmet was too important for endgame

"
Just killed all the end-game bosses with 7.7K ES and some underleveled gems. Only died once during my Shaper runs and that was to boss at the end of the transition phase LOL. Great build would highly recommend every to try it!

NICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info