[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Thanks for the replies guys! By the way, that's an odd bug... but at least I know it's indeed a bug.

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
vhapter wrote:
A couple of questions:

By the time you've picked up Faith and Steal for the armour boost the gains there will push Ruby even further ahead in terms of value for us.

What do you sacrifice to get Faith and Steel? It's not even in the guide, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. It's like picking up the armor and shield nodes of the templar with some extra resistance as a bonus.

I could spec out of Purity of Flesh to grab Faith and Steel once I get Written in Blood (need the str), but that means an extremely late Path of the Savant (if I ever get it) or skipping the top left jewel (the nodes to get it a really shitty though).

Question about Jewels
Speaking about jewels... I'm not sure how important dps jewels are against endgame bosses with this build. Currently, I have Energy from Within, 2 ES + dps jewels, and Conqueror's Efficiency. My plan right now is to get lvl4 Enlighten to ditch Conqueror's Efficiency.

So the question... what's a better idea once I have a free jewel slot?

(1) Use my current Watcher's Eye with the Purity of Ice physical reduction mod + increase crit base? This build doesn't benefit from the crit mod, but I already have the jewel anyone.

(2) Buy a Watcher's Eye with faster ES recharge or physical damage taken as X if you have purity of X?

(3) Just buy a ES + dps jewel. Not sure how important a third one will be against endgame bosses.

Also, is there a point in giving up 3 ES nodes to get the top left jewel for an ES + dps jewel? I guess no since ES also boosts our dps... but again, I don't know how much extra dps we have to get on SR to handle end game bosses.

Lab
Omg, this build shits all over traps in the labyrinth. It's just point and click! LOL

That being said, I had to run around a bit against Izaro last time I tried it. Granted, my ES was 2k lower than what it is now, but I'm just wondering if there's a recommended flask set up against him with this build. Maybe a basalt over rumi is actually better in this case?

(I guess I could always swap the quicksilver for more mitigation if that really matters, but a quicksilver really nice to get through the lab faster and move away to recharge my ES if it turns out to be necessary)
Last edited by vhapter on Feb 3, 2018, 1:46:08 PM
I'm still struggling to sustain Rf even though I have the empower's, enlightens, and high PoF and Vit.
Can anyone please help me figure what I need to do. THanks.
I'm still struggling to sustain Rf even though I have the empower's, enlightens, and high PoF and Vit.
Can anyone please help me figure what I need to do. THanks. My character name in there is Echozulu_ek
Last edited by Skumbagrage on Feb 3, 2018, 2:51:35 PM
how much ES is everyone pushing in abyss with this build? it seems 10-11k is doable but becomes very hard to go beyond that.

assuming without clarity watcher's eye of course (which gives around 1.2k ES i think), since it's not rly obtainable for most ppl (with the discipline ES regen roll)

Can't do T14+
9k es getting 1 shot
Last edited by kanon1 on Feb 3, 2018, 3:37:20 PM
"
Jd009 wrote:
how much ES is everyone pushing in abyss with this build? it seems 10-11k is doable but becomes very hard to go beyond that.

assuming without clarity watcher's eye of course (which gives around 1.2k ES i think), since it's not rly obtainable for most ppl (with the discipline ES regen roll)

Why do you need more than 10-11k? Uber atziri doable with 10k es, and all content as well(Without watcher's eye)
Last edited by RawDamage on Feb 3, 2018, 3:46:54 PM
"
Jd009 wrote:

Path of Buidling says I can get to about 10k somewhere between lvl91-95 with my current gear, which includes a crystal belt with almost max roll on both ES mods. Things should get slightly better once I do away with Conqueror's Efficiency... but I don't see myself reaching 11k (maybeeeee), let alone go beyond that with just one more jewel.

That is to say, unless it was able to find a sick helmet that compensates for everything I'd lose giving up my Vertex. My shield already gives me something like 230-240 ES. Of course, I'd get closer and perhaps reach 11k if I were to swap Death's Door for Sin Trek, but I probably wouldn't that just for the ES.
"
Jd009 wrote:
At l95 I'm sitting at 11,210 without a rare shield or much prioritisation of health pool. If I was willing to sacrifice some regen or damage that could be pushed a lot higher. The last 4 nodes I took were all damage nodes too, so similar levels could be reached by early 90s.

A 246 ES +2max/rDoT shield I self crafted would push me to 12170, I just haven't been bothered reworking my res to slot it in yet. I tend to keep wanting to wait, flip the current one and go for a gg one instead. I'm also with pretty trash rings (they hit all my res/strength/dex needs, just not adding much damage or ES) as I didn't want to put effort into anything better until I'd crafted the shield and finished off other gear to better know what requirements I'd need.

If I were to swap out my % ES jewels for flat ES Abyss jewels (and the slight DPS hit that would go with it) and sacrifice a little regen for more life scaling rather than damage I'd be hitting ~12k ES even before I hit 90.

Still not sure what I'm doing wrong, but i can't sustain Rf. Please help
"
vhapter wrote:
What do you sacrifice to get Faith and Steel? It's not even in the guide, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

My bad. I was sure it was part of the default tree (I've told folk to swap out of it for more efficient nodes while leveling so often I'd have put money on it), but glancing at the OP I guess I'm mistaken.

Lots of nodes like that which can be changed between easily to prioritise different stats to balance out where you're weak and strong. Things like Arsonist, Explosive Impact, Retribution vs Faith and Steel, Devotion and Trickery. No big changes, just minor tweaks prioritising and scaling different things. You work around what you have, so before I had my Discipline Watcher's Eye I had a very different tree far more focused on giving me the regen I needed.

"
vhapter wrote:
(1) Use my current Watcher's Eye with the Purity of Ice physical reduction mod + increase crit base? This build doesn't benefit from the crit mod, but I already have the jewel anyone.

(2) Buy a Watcher's Eye with faster ES recharge or physical damage taken as X if you have purity of X?

(3) Just buy a ES + dps jewel. Not sure how important a third one will be against endgame bosses.
4) You want the % Energy Shield Regeneration while affected by Discipline.

The Mana to ES while affected by Clarity gives more ES, but it's ten times the price so aiming for the Discipline one is probably your best bet at least for now. If you get a cheap flat ~130/sec life regen while affected by Vitality it'd be worth grabbing, but the Discipline one will be ~100% more effective as long as you're over ~5k ES.

"
vhapter wrote:
Also, is there a point in giving up 3 ES nodes to get the top left jewel for an ES + dps jewel? I guess no since ES also boosts our dps... but again, I don't know how much extra dps we have to get on SR to handle end game bosses.
It's hard to give cut and dry answers to this type of query. The impact of dropping 3 nodes for you will differ to me dropping those same 3 nodes. What you gain from selecting a different 3 nodes will differ from what I'd gain from selecting the same 3. Depending on our gear and what we're scaling with each point things will vary from player to player. If you've a great jewel that scales exactly the thing you feel your build is lacking, taking the jewel slot can be a great choice.

Personally, I'm a big fan of jewels. They provide great flexibility and easy adjustments. If I need more damage for something, I swap out one of my more defensive jewels for an offensive one. If I need more sustain I swap in a jewel with regen for a more offensive one. I can pick and choose what I want and when I need it. I've taken all 6 in easy reach of our tree and it hasn't hurt me. Still plenty of room for improvement on the jewels I'm using too.

(In terms of "end game damage" people mostly talk about "Shaper DPS". When you select Shaper as the boss type in PoB it'll adjust to his resist levels and his curse effectiveness levels, so lowering your DPS compared to normal mobs. The normal rules of thumb there are 400k for a kill and 500k for a safe kill. With higher than that desired for an easier safe kill. That said, more is always better. A very high offense to kill stuff fast is one of the best defensive layers you can have in PoE)

"
vhapter wrote:
That being said, I had to run around a bit against Izaro last time I tried it. Granted, my ES was 2k lower than what it is now, but I'm just wondering if there's a recommended flask set up against him with this build. Maybe a basalt over rumi is actually better in this case?
Yeah. Basalt is made for lab. Can be well worth swapping in a Basalt there if you're in any doubts about tanking his damage.
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Feb 3, 2018, 5:06:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info