Unknown Unique Hunt Feat. Dan_GGG[Hunt is Over:Unique inside]

"
Is it my boy Daresso? I own all his stuff and my highest level character got were they did with them. The shield in particular is outstanding, the hidden synergy is shocking.

You also stated BotR did not count but then did not list him is the people that did not qualify.

He didn't get disqualified for having a helm.

What's your reasoning for thinking it's him?
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Thanks for the clarification, I wanted to know if I should include the 13 unique items from 1.1.0, or exclude them.

I like these kinds of puzzles. So we are trying to find out who in the Lore of Wraeclast will be referenced on Dan_GGG’s new unique.
Thus far we know:
  • It is a helm
  • The character does not already have a helm
  • The character has not been seen on a unique item in a while (1.1.1 forward)
  • The character has a unique
  • The name of the item references the character ~or~
  • The flavor text of the item heavily implies the character used/owned the helm(still need clarification)

Character List

My working list of characters in the lore/game, and their reason for exclusion.
Leaders

• Queen Atziri The Vertex (Helm)
  • Chitus Chitus’ Apex (Helm)
  • Kaom Kaom’s Roots (1.1.3)
  • Dominus (Does gifts from above count as his to qualify him?)

Gererals

• Gravicius
  • Lioneye (Because the MTX mask exists, I am not sure)
  • Thane Rigvald
  • Hector Titicus
  • Voll
  • Sekhema Deshret
  • Skehema AsenathAsenath’s Mark (Helm)

Thaumaturgists

• Shavronne
  • Dodre
  • Malachai Artifice (1.3.0)
  • Maligaro Lens (1.3.0)
  • Doryani

Other

• Gaius Sentari Sentari’s Answer (1.2.4)
  • Brutus Lead Sprinkler (1.3.0)
  • Perandus Perandus Bank (1.1.3)(does this even count?)
  • Victario
  • Mayor Ondar
  • Fairgraves Tricorn (Helm)
  • Daresso
  • Hyrri
  • Lavianga
  • Gepfri Crest (Helm)
  • Hrimnor

I'll update this post if I missed anyone who should be on this list. Or if I missed any reason some one should be excluded.
I'm definitely betting on Voll. As the leader of the Purity Rebellion in a lore-heavy expansion, and a character who hasn't had a unique item of his own since Anarchy/Onslaught, he makes perfect sense.
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.
"
ChronoExile wrote:

I'll update this post if I missed anyone who should be on this list. Or if I missed any reason some one should be excluded.

Don't worry, it's definitely someone on that list. You also haven't crossed out the correct name or anything.

Let's narrow it down... It's not anyone in the "Other" category.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Xedralya wrote:
I'm definitely betting on Voll. As the leader of the Purity Rebellion in a lore-heavy expansion, and a character who hasn't had a unique item of his own since Anarchy/Onslaught, he makes perfect sense.

Going to have to go with Voll as well. The silvery texture seems to fit the whole seem as sexcalibere said previously. Despite doryani's heavy (interaction) with the Act IV lore, there is nothing(I think) pointing to the heavy elemental theme seem on the Catalyst and belts. Then again, I may be wrong from the picture Dan shared, but who knows.

I also love this kind of unique hunt with a game dev. Giving us little hints to push us in the right direction.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Dan is this your itrem?

Spoiler

Oh it's a helm...never mind then. lol
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Apr 17, 2015, 12:45:13 AM
No! I have waited so long for some Daresso love.....

I even put on a black face mask when I go running around pretending to be him.

Just going to throw one out of left field then, the character in the portrait looks like a shaved Templar. Gravicius is a Templar. Is the picture of Gravicius before started running around wielding death as a weapon?
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
It is Voll or Shavronne.

"
What I can tell you is it's themed around one of the lore characters.

Lore characters, for sure.
"

It's a character you know about at least. One who hasn't had a new unique for a while.

Both are here forever. :@

"
Also, When I say the character hasn't got a unique item in a while

We have unique with Voll and Shav, but all of them are very old. So this holds.

"
Is there a Doryani themed mechanic that fits with the clue I gave you?

This is the problematic one for me. What does "themed" mean? I can think of Voll having the Zealot's Oath, and Shav having Chaos Inoculation. She did some wierd stuff to herself, even her Wrapping's says stuff about her being corrupt - maybe CI is similar to that? Also, EB might fit, somewhat, too.

Both doesn't have helmets, and are on the list.

Lioneye have his "themed" mechanics too, I'd guess Iron Grip and Iron reflexes (he was an archer, but a strong one, not agile - he even has his shield), BUT he has got items recently (even in 2.0 he is getting an armor).
Hector Titicus/Gravicius/Thane Rigvald/Hector Titicus/Sekhema Deshret/Dodre doesn't have a themed mechanic (at least not one I'm aware of)

I'm puzzled about Doryani tho, because his "themed mechanic" might be the Vaal Pact... makes kind of sense with sacrifices and leeching life thingy. Might want to add him to the guesses, that makes sense according to all that has been hinted. :@
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 17, 2015, 1:39:42 AM
I'm gonna go with Doedre because she was one stone-cold bastard.

e: mouth, black void, etc.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Apr 17, 2015, 1:52:17 AM
i think its rigvald's helm it kinda fits with the art of the sword and since there is only one item for him currently it should be a nice add to his lore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info