Unknown Unique Hunt Feat. Dan_GGG[Hunt is Over:Unique inside]

Failure is my middle name.

Naithan John James Failure Kain.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Doryani :O
"
zeels90 wrote:

Is there a Doryani themed mechanic that fits with the clue I gave you?
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
zeels90 wrote:

Is there a Doryani themed mechanic that fits with the clue I gave you?

Here's my logic:

We haven't seen an item relating to Doryani directly since 1.1.0 (I believe) so it fits that criteria.

Doryani played a major role in the end of civilization with the first Cataclysm. I'm basing this off of the History of Wraeclast: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lore

This paragraph really drove me to guess at Doryani. He obviously had a major role in the first Cataclysm and it's looking more and more like the communion referenced in this article was between The Vaal / Doryani and The Beast featured in Act 4.

Here it is:

The Vaal civilisation seems to have ended as the result of some internal event rather than external conquest[17][18]. This event may be the mysterious "communion" the Vaal were seeking before their demise according to Icius Perandus as is written in one of the Golden Pages: "A communion... but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach."[19]. Said communion took place during the harvest moon, and Doryani was at the heart of this event[20]. Both Atziri and Doryani died in the cataclysm, as did many others. Some people also "changed" (possibly a reference to the Vaal Fallen found in the Pyramid?)[21]. On the Golden Page (Siosa's translation, not the flavour text) that mentions this, the words "sleep", "nightmare" and "the Beast" are also mentioned, and that the Vaal have "failed" themselves.

That's all I'm basing this off of. I know Doryani is huge in the lore and it just fits for me.
Last edited by zeels90 on Apr 16, 2015, 11:26:50 AM
The suspense is real.

Edit - It's interesting he brought up SoTV if we're thinking it's Doryani. The Vaal "failed themselves" and Doryani was at the heart of the Cataclysm.

One could then say that suggests Doryani was involved / the cause of the ending of Vaal Civilization (aka the Sacrifice of the Vaal).

It's a stretch.
Last edited by zeels90 on Apr 16, 2015, 2:29:01 PM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Also, When I say the character hasn't got a unique item in a while, how about we discount everything added after Sacrifice of the Vaal? That doesn't mean it's someone who got an item in SotV, just not one who got an item after it was released.

In the hunt to see which PoE character the new unique helm will reference we should discount characters who have been featured on unique items recently. The wording above is a little confusing to me. To be clear do we exclude characters who have unique items added with the SotV expansion release (1.1.0) through now?
neat.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Also, When I say the character hasn't got a unique item in a while, how about we discount everything added after Sacrifice of the Vaal? That doesn't mean it's someone who got an item in SotV, just not one who got an item after it was released.

In the hunt to see which PoE character the new unique helm will reference we should discount characters who have been featured on unique items recently. The wording above is a little confusing to me. To be clear do we exclude characters who have unique items added with the SotV expansion release (1.1.0) through now?

It could be a character who got a unique item either in SotV, or in a patch that came before that, just not after.

The second sentence there was me attempting to tell you that mentioning SotV wasn't a clue, it was just an arbitrary cutoff point because I wanted to narrow it down without giving the game away.

Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Is it my boy Daresso? I own all his stuff and my highest level character got were they did with them. The shield in particular is outstanding, the hidden synergy is shocking.

You also stated BotR did not count but then did not list him is the people that did not qualify.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
Is it my boy Daresso? I own all his stuff and my highest level character got were they did with them. The shield in particular is outstanding, the hidden synergy is shocking.

You also stated BotR did not count but then did not list him is the people that did not qualify.
I think it definately is one of these guys.

Daresso

Dar

Dan

Dan_GGG is actually Daresso!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info