More Weapon Types?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Ranger also has the thrusting swords for one-handed dex weapons.

Only if you wish to die :D
"
Russell wrote:
scepters just use the mace animations : P. Also str int reaaaaaaallly needed a one handed melee weapon. It wasn't just for flavor.

Alright, I can see why this might be have some more prevalence over the others. This probably was needed more then the rest of the other proposed weapon types I was referring to in the beginning of the thread. I'm just saying maybe more flavors are needed in the Popsicle box is all. However if the box itself has holes it i guess it wouldn't be able to hold those extra flavors in the long run.

Cheers, to there being more flavors in the medium term
Zed's dead baby. Zed's Dead.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/35331

^ Take a look at GGG's new youtube segment which, features submitted player characters. This is a weekly segment where I was actually featured!!!
"
herflik wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Not true. I have a very successful melee Ranger that's in Act 1 Merciless right now. Granted the play is more difficult than more typical builds but it's still very viable. You certainly wouldn't want to go up against me in PvP.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
herflik wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Not true. I have a very successful melee Ranger that's in Act 1 Merciless right now. Granted the play is more difficult than more typical builds but it's still very viable. You certainly wouldn't want to go up against me in PvP.

Seeing as most of us haven't been able to try PvP yet, as well as the fact that's its probably horribly unbalanced at these early stages, can you please give us some examples of why we wouldn't wanna do that? (if not I fear your statement doesn't hold much water)

^ Take a look at GGG's new youtube segment which, features submitted player characters. This is a weekly segment where I was actually featured!!!
Last edited by Big_Z on Nov 20, 2011, 6:17:09 PM
"
Big_Z wrote:
Seeing as most of us haven't been able to try PvP yet, as well as the fact that's its probably horribly unbalanced at these early stages, can you please give us some examples of why we wouldn't wanna do that? (if not I fear your statement doesn't hold much water)

Heh. That was actually conjecture and boasting on my part. My character is primarily focused on single target abilities with Viper Strike as the core attack. Boss battles and rare monsters are a complete breeze for me while hordes of enemies can be quite threatening.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
Big_Z wrote:

Heh. That was actually conjecture and boasting on my part. My character is primarily focused on single target abilities with Viper Strike as the core attack. Boss battles and rare monsters are a complete breeze for me while hordes of enemies can be quite threatening.
Yeah, at the moment, you definitely wouldn't want to tangle with that character in PVP. Viper Strike will be way too good there.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
Big_Z wrote:

Yeah, at the moment, you definitely wouldn't want to tangle with that character in PVP. Viper Strike will be way too good there.

I can definitely see why only the most skilled of kiting characters would wanna take on a build such as that! Even then with something like flicker strike, you would probably die miserably. I hope PvP will enabled soon though, so we can see first hand how true that statement really is!!!

Last edited by Big_Z on Nov 20, 2011, 6:53:20 PM
Hi, as new weapons i'll like to see mostly Oriental weapons and some Egyptian and Arabic; maybe even precolombine weapons too.

- Katanas.
- Wakizashis.
- Shaiks.
- Tantoos.
- Shurikens.
- Blowguns.

Things like that, i don't know the name in english of the Egyptian and Arabic weapons, i'm spanish; but i'll like to see some of those weapons in the future. Maybe even some of the future acts could take place on places with that tematic... .

Deep jungles with tigers, panthers and some Inca style NMEs, a big desert with egyptian structures and weapons aswell as egyptian and arab NMEs and then some high plains and bamboo woods with oriental style NMEs, structures and weapons; they could even add powder weapons at that point... some slow but deadly Carabiner... some Pistol... if they decide to add as 6Th Class a Witch Hunter, the powder weapons would be very handy, is what took us to the "good ol' nukes" that we all love so much on movies like Akira and The Red Phone. Let's C ya
Punk's Not Dead = Semper Fi.
"

What would you say to 10 fireballs per second in your face?

:3
"
konfeta wrote:
"

What would you say to 10 fireballs per second in your face?

:3

I personally wouldn't say anything because I probably wouldn't be able to stop laughing when Tpapp's ranger just one shots you through your energy shield with his viper strike.

Last edited by Big_Z on Nov 21, 2011, 12:19:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info