unique items *no longer updated*

I don't know if this has been brought up already, but there should be a more variety of uniques or maybe introduce set items. In D2 and D3 there are way more items when counting both uniques and sets. I just don't think there is enough variety and quantity. My level 76 witch is still rocking Malygaro's gloves just cuz there is no other unique worth it for me, I tried hellbringer but the increased mana cost was unbearable. Just look at the rings, there aren't any that are worth it for a melee class, so you have to go and get expensive Tri-res rings that have damage mods.

I really feel this game needs some set items and if they can be made to match each class, that would be awesome. Introduce new passive nodes that complement the set items, like: 100% increased physical damage when wielding both Brutus' sword of chaos and Kole's sword of anarchy.

The possibilities :-)
IGN: BirgitSuomaa

"Man. I shot the hell out of that guy, huh?"
Ellie.
Last edited by squalltheonly on Jul 7, 2013, 9:07:19 AM
"
TheShadowX wrote:
downside of the axe? well its an axe. and its physical only.

Are you really being serious? If I apply the same logic then the only downside of lioneye's is that it's only a bow and it's only physical so there's no need to balance it duhhh lol This slippery slope would never end.

"
iamacyborg wrote:
"
Freemasonary wrote:
Everyone whose builds can take advantage of the new uniques will want those uniques. Pretty much BiS no? Funny thing is the unique philosophy is that there should be some significant downside to it. But I can see little in this case.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55170

"
Unique items offer the opportunity to give huge bonuses in a fair way that would simply not be possible on Rares because of balance issues. On a Unique item, we can add drawbacks or keep the remaining mods from being too powerful.

Emphasis mine. Chris never stated that powerful uniques would have a directly visible downside, the downside is often in the mods that the unique item does not have.

I'd wait and see how the new uniques are used before complaining about them being massively OP. They're definitely no Lioneye's, that's for sure.

Where did I mention the uniques are 'op'? I just said that they're kind of becoming BiS, kind of mandatory.
"
Freemasonary wrote:
"
TheShadowX wrote:
downside of the axe? well its an axe. and its physical only.

Are you really being serious? If I apply the same logic then the only downside of lioneye's is that it's only a bow and it's only physical so there's no need to balance it duhhh lol This slippery slope would never end.

"
also rare can roll (way) more damage

quoted just for you

with the other part i wanted to say that it limits yourself on being physical and using axes

also i dont understand whats so "shitty" about having strong uniques

rares will still be Best in slot and the uniques that are powerful are very rare and expensive

having only rares as very strong weapons which can only be gained by using lots of eternals & exalts would be a poor design - you need something to start of, so you can farm for the currency and there is where uniques come into the play

not to mention that most of the uniques just make the builds easier to... build and rares could do the same if they had the right rolls (and be stronger at the same time)
Sometimes making an offer is better than asking for a price.
I searched reddit and browsed around the forums a little bit.... I'm sure this has been answered but I can't find a clear answer so I'll ask it again.

On the new unique chain belt "Auxium" what the hell is "Chill and freeze duration on you is based on 65% of energy shield".

IGN: Sin
"
I searched reddit and browsed around the forums a little bit.... I'm sure this has been answered but I can't find a clear answer so I'll ask it again.

On the new unique chain belt "Auxium" what the hell is "Chill and freeze duration on you is based on 65% of energy shield".

The belt was designed for CI builds, where status ailments, such as shock, ignite, chill and freeze are calculated, to see their duration, from the total HP you would've had if you weren't CI (which means it would be extremely low, resulting in a extremely high duration status ailment). This belt makes it so the Chill and Freeze duration is calculated from 65% of your ES, which means ES builds will get chilled and frozen for a way shorter period of time.
Last edited by ansuk on Jul 7, 2013, 11:05:20 AM
"
The base duration of freeze is proportional to the damage dealt by the initial hit of cold damage—or equivalent in the case of Freeze Mine—relative to the target's maximum life.

source
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Meaning, with high ES values, you will be chilled and frozen for a shorter duration than hp users.

Fuck that unique. New uniques are ruining the game.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Jul 7, 2013, 11:47:29 AM
Oooh now I get it... so it's reading 65% of your ES as "health" when dealing with frozen chilled... that is like 6500 for me.. I'm a low-life build, probably worth it then and drop dream frag.

I am dual spork and it's worth it to replace dream fragments + max es... mana is nice too.
IGN: Sin
Last edited by Make_A_Witch_Foundation on Jul 7, 2013, 1:32:08 PM
Last edited by Ekainen on Jul 7, 2013, 2:59:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info