unique items *no longer updated*

"
TheShadowX wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUUVKFIIHc&feature=youtu.be

Video proof for you guys.

(Soul Taker - Unique Axe effect)

now we need a 2h axe with same effect :)
GMT+1 - You can speak German with me
"
TheShadowX wrote:

You still have some mana though, care to reserve it all and try again? Your video demonstrate that as long as you are regenerating at least 1 mana per swing you can spam it. Which goes along perfectly with how its worded.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
"
Jackel6672 wrote:
"
TheShadowX wrote:

You still have some mana though, care to reserve it all and try again? Your video demonstrate that as long as you are regenerating at least 1 mana per swing you can spam it. Which goes along perfectly with how its worded.

no need for that, already did maps with "no life or mana regeneration" and it still worked
Sometimes making an offer is better than asking for a price.
"
TheShadowX wrote:
"
Jackel6672 wrote:
"
TheShadowX wrote:

no need for that, already did maps with "no life or mana regeneration" and it still worked

Thanks for testing it. That effect might be a bit over powered, but if it stays on just one weapon type it might be alright. Its a perfect dual wielding axe.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
I would just like to point out that the person talking about more/stronger mods will be out eventually is 100% correct. Another thing, to all the people in the thread that know jack-shit, the "power creep", like GGG's supposed move towards "OP uniques" is all in your head. Not only do you have no idea what and where GGG is going to take itemization, you also have not a single fuckin' whit of a clue about the balance process. That is all.
"
Drakkalen wrote:
I would just like to point out that the person talking about more/stronger mods will be out eventually is 100% correct. Another thing, to all the people in the thread that know jack-shit, the "power creep", like GGG's supposed move towards "OP uniques" is all in your head. Not only do you have no idea what and where GGG is going to take itemization, you also have not a single fuckin' whit of a clue about the balance process. That is all.

So much for civil discussion.
Pretty funny.

Supporter makes a novelty item with some flavoursome text that gets derided because it's not map-worthy or endgame.

Supporter makes current endgame(CURRENT) items equal to or greater then existing items and gets derided for ruining balance.

The game, content wise, is not even halfway through.
There will be item inflation over the coming years, your current gear will become little more then leveling gear. GGG continues to refine this lovely game and I have confidence in their ability to balance items as we travel on.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a slight increase in affix/suffix values when the rest of act 3 is released.
Last edited by Mammatus on Jul 7, 2013, 5:35:51 AM
Everyone whose builds can take advantage of the new uniques will want those uniques. Pretty much BiS no? Funny thing is the unique philosophy is that there should be some significant downside to it. But I can see little in this case.
downside of the axe? well its an axe. and its physical only.

also rare can roll (way) more damage

also: i heard something like higher itemlevels are in planning (?) - if that is true, then rare will have even more damage - also the effect is "achieveable" by having a high mana pool with mana leech which means with only rares you'll be best in slot

the axe just makes things easier and doesnt make you require insane rare items
Sometimes making an offer is better than asking for a price.
"
Freemasonary wrote:
Everyone whose builds can take advantage of the new uniques will want those uniques. Pretty much BiS no? Funny thing is the unique philosophy is that there should be some significant downside to it. But I can see little in this case.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55170

"
Unique items offer the opportunity to give huge bonuses in a fair way that would simply not be possible on Rares because of balance issues. On a Unique item, we can add drawbacks or keep the remaining mods from being too powerful.

Emphasis mine. Chris never stated that powerful uniques would have a directly visible downside, the downside is often in the mods that the unique item does not have.

I'd wait and see how the new uniques are used before complaining about them being massively OP. They're definitely no Lioneye's, that's for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info