unique items *no longer updated*

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Alfabetica wrote:
Why is no one talking about the new chest?

Stick that on a CI character, equip an Adrenaline Quicksilver or two and run through Cruel Ledge while everything evaporates around you. Even with the currency penalty from being overleveled it seems like the most efficient way to farm. And if you're doing it for rares/alt shards/low level uniques (which includes things like Dream Frags and Chayula and that sort of thing) then I can't think of a better way.

CI characters would generally roll their eyes at using that chest since it has no ES.

That being said I like that chest and the new boots a lot more than the axe and belt. They are more interesting to build for.

If they think in 'stereotypes" than yes: "baaad armor"

But look at the other side:
+(40-50) to all Attributes (need explanations?)
(10-15)% increased Attack Speed (claw-shadows\crit-dagger chars)
5% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life (CI -> Ghost Reaver -> Vaal Pact. should I continue? ^_^)
Deals 450.0 Chaos Damage per second to nearby enemies (WAAAT?)
You take 450 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds on Kill (CI \o_o/)

See my point?
(edit: 1 alch for "useless" Death Oath? I'll take 3, pm me :D )

And yes, last uniques (last 4 patches+uniq) are way too overpowered.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Jul 6, 2013, 2:43:00 AM
"
Alfabetica wrote:
Why is no one talking about the new chest?

Stick that on a CI character, equip an Adrenaline Quicksilver or two and run through Cruel Ledge while everything evaporates around you. Even with the currency penalty from being overleveled it seems like the most efficient way to farm. And if you're doing it for rares/alt shards/low level uniques (which includes things like Dream Frags and Chayula and that sort of thing) then I can't think of a better way.

excuse my double posting (it's early)

do what you say and no mob will die, not a single one. they all have 1000+ hp and you do 450 dps with chest. You know what kills them faster? LA with LMP+Chain+WED+bla bla. You fire a few round when you enter and run forward to pick up loot that dropped from Koduku. No downsides.

edit: sorry, I just noticed "Cruel ledge" Why would I run cruel ledge?! Statement above still stands, Good LA build would clear it faster, hell, whirling blades on 6L would clean it faster...
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Jul 6, 2013, 2:41:02 AM
The axe is like shavronne for marauders. Stop crying bros
ign TheBlackMambaTemplar
"
Destruktor wrote:
wow that Axe is amazing. I'm thinking 2 of those with Bringer of Rain, Meginords Girdle and Thunderfist would make for an insane cleave build.

You only need 1 of those, so good rare axes will still be in demand which is nice.
"
Ludak021 wrote:
"
"
Sirnizz wrote:
I'am under the impression that this belt try to do to many thing at once, no build will benefit from all the stat of this belt :

-> WeD= good for Ele siphon/Ele bow user/Ele cleave/sword user | Every CI caster don't care
-> ES amount : Good for CI char
-> The mana is great for everyone
-> Chill and Freeze duration is only good for CI : A wander is screwed with EB no ? correct me If I' am wrong
->Physical leech : Well it's only good for physical attacker with power charge... hum there's not rly much of them.. Pretty much all Wander are elemental,

The more I think of this belt the more there's way too much stats for way too many build..

As a CI caster this belt is almost useless, the only thing good is : the amount of ES and chill duration everything else is "garbage" no resist/armor

Please correct me if I'am terribly wrong :)

Just trying to analyse this belt

any phyiscal, ES benefits from that belt

yea, any cookie cutter build benefits from most of the overpriced uniques. Belt with no res, hp, armor > great for physical builds, especially melee, with ...power charges?! wtf?
Downside of the axe is....that it's an axe. one axe circle in skill treee is good, rest of them suck hard.

that astral unique, well, someone said already, 1 alch. Two major sources of ES for CI are chest and shield. Sure, I can see CI builds getting 1600 armor chest with no ES and other stats...Even that shavrones is overpriced as hell. Chaos dmg cant pass through ES? Big deal. CI node > click, done. Saved 22 exalted orbs for 6L 800ES chest with good triple resists.
blah blah..

/rant

yea CI node > click. Your DPS is cut by half from not able to use RF and PA, and you lose 100% IIR from wondertraps. Shavronne is the most OP item in game rite now, more so than kaoms (speaking from experience of playing with both of them).

Stick 2 spork totems in middle of mobs and whole screen cleared in 5 secs, while u run around picking up loot. Dont even need much defense or ES except 80% fire res..

Ofc u can stick to using RF/PA without shavs nd only farm lunaris/docks but thats hardly as good as doing high level maps
"
that astral unique, well, someone said already, 1 alch.

Funny... seeing how it's selling for 3 exalts atm.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
"

Its actually a really cool unique, made cooler by the fact that its not obviously OP in the eyes of everyone that looks at it. Uniques should be a lot more like that chest and a lot less like that axe.
Standard Forever
"
Mannoth wrote:
"

It was me, and after reconsideration, I think I would not pay even 1 alteration for this. Seems, there are collectors wealthier than me ;)

For me, this chest is and will be, utterly shit. When I find one, it will be placed in my collection of useless uniques. The rest will be vendored immediately.

I'm not really into this "create your own unique" thing but last 30 pages of this topic gave me soooo much fun that I started to think, that maybe it would be good idea to buy bigger supporter pack and make such "power creep" unique, that ranting and qqeing will last not for 30 but 300 pages of this topic :d

I'm abandoning this topic to the next patch of uniques, but one more time would like to congrats to creators of belt and axe for good job. I really looking forward dropping those shortly ;)

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
I hate to say it but I really don't know why people who love the new OP uniques like the guy above ^ don't just go enjoy Diablo 3. That game has tons of OP uniques for you to collect like every other player in the game. You can have your Godly boring axe of slaughter and leave the interesting uniques to PoE. Sounds good?
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
I hate to say it but I really don't know why people who love the new OP uniques like the guy above ^ don't just go enjoy Diablo 3. That game has tons of OP uniques for you to collect like every other player in the game. You can have your Godly boring axe of slaughter and leave the interesting uniques to PoE. Sounds good?

Can't we have godly interesting uniques?

I mean, this was completely OP, and very niche, and very cool. We need more stuff like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info