Mechanics thread

"
maryn wrote:
(if u wonder how i got so high gem lvl, i keep suiciding on lvl 60 to keep the exp penalty low as possible and keep lvling just the gem)

Yeah I have raised this issue before, it seems to me that encouraging suicide is a bad mechanic.
What is the max gem level? 20?
I swear to god if you ask me for a beta key you will get a severe tongue lashing. Cheers!
"
What is the max gem level? 20?

As far as I know, yes, 20 is the max level for gems.
"
Malice wrote:
"
maryn wrote:
(if u wonder how i got so high gem lvl, i keep suiciding on lvl 60 to keep the exp penalty low as possible and keep lvling just the gem)

Yeah I have raised this issue before, it seems to me that encouraging suicide is a bad mechanic.

could you also tell them to remove currency drop penalty in chaos? It discourages people from leveling higher than the map.
IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Nov 18, 2011, 6:27:22 PM
Courtesy of Mark, some info for damage scaling.

If it says "Total Damage" on the boost, i.e. Multiple Projectiles or Concentrate Area support gems, the number is multiplicative, and those multipliers are applied separately.

For example:

If you have 50 damage spell with 100% Spell Damage, and apply MP with CA, you will get (50 x 2) x 0.7 x 1.5 = 105; not (50 x 2) x (-0.3 + 1.5) = 120; not 50 x (-0.3 + 2 + 1.5) = 160.

This makes Concentrate Area extraordinarily powerful once you have a high spell/elemental damage modifier; and useful for canceling out the penalty on Multiple Projectiles for spells like Fireball (projectile and AoE).

Last edited by konfeta on Nov 18, 2011, 7:41:41 PM
"
maryn wrote:
could you also tell them to remove currency drop penalty in chaos? It discourages people from leveling higher than the map.
What's the point in over-leveling past the current content? What kind of testing feedback does that provide?
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
maryn wrote:
What's the point in over-leveling past the current content? What kind of testing feedback does that provide?
we have a ladder here no? besides I want to find/craft better items, gather some for new chars(same thing will happen when game starts for real). if u dont call overplaying every map many times, constantly checking new item/skill setups testing then I dont know what it is. Like malice said mechanics which encourages suicide isnt a good mechanic and atm i feel like im being punished for leveling over 58. I dont want them to remove currency drops penalty from the game, just remove it from Chaos so i dont have to suicide on the end of every map.

ps. i just checked new patch notes, looks like they fixed that problem, omg love you guys <3!
IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Nov 19, 2011, 10:52:58 AM
"

The real problem is that there is really no sensible way to stop increasing your power while still playing the character.

This is a problem because we cannot readily test specific gear combinations for balance. For example, I only got Multiple Projectiles support very late, and on my attempt to bring it to the same level as the rest of my gear, I had my damage output increased by almost 50% despite staying at the same level.

We also need to test the drop rates for farming viability.

"
For spells, there is no difference between on-weapon and off-weapon modifiers. Modifiers from weapons, gear, and passive skills stack additively with each other. Any modifiers on the spell or attached support gems will then stack multiplicatively with that amount.

Do *all* Quality/Support gem related damage modifiers stack multiplicative?

For example, +Projectile Damage from faster projectile?
Last edited by konfeta on Nov 19, 2011, 4:25:46 PM
That is the formula for total party experience depending on number of players?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Hi, i think that this is the best thread to post this; i've a problem with my Cleave Gem.

I have my Cleave gem socketed on my sword that's in my right hand and a carving knife on the left hand; the fact of have a Dagger tipe or Mace tipe at the same time than a Sword, invalidates the Cleave gem.

As the gems are harder to find rightnow, this is the only attack that i've with my Duelist that affects various creatures at once wich makes many fights kinda tedious; even more when this skill gem stops working because you've another kind of weapon on the other hand.
Shouldn't the Cleave work with the sword?.

The Cleave attack (the animation) is performed with the weapon on the right hand and never with the left one even if you've two swords.

Is a small complain... i find the v0.9.3 more balanced, very very improved in therms of graphic detail on the areas aswell as on the GUI, the objects icons, the spells/skills effects etc. In one word: Better.

But i still thinking that the gems/spells that i use, consume too much mana for what they do; i've some spells that depleet my mana orb without even kill a single skeleton. But i still find the game really pimp at this stage. Let's C ya
Punk's Not Dead = Semper Fi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info