[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

thanks for the thorough answer GoranH, appreciated
I apologize if this has already been answered(i'm too lazy to check 41 pages :p) but could i use gmp instead of lmp?
Last edited by Pvvnstar on May 29, 2014, 2:04:03 AM
"
Pvvnstar wrote:
I apologize if this has already been answered(i'm too lazy to check 41 pages :p) but could i use gmp instead of lmp?

From the gem/links section:

"Flame Totem Setup

Flame Totems + LMP/GMP + Fire Penetration + Faster Casting

GMP is preffered when you get mana for it. As 5th link you can do IIR, added Chaos, Minion and Totem El. Res. Member on the thread said also Increased AoE is good, I'll test that when I get it. "
Hello. I have been using this build and have reached dominus cruel. your thread says that FT tooltip dps should 300+ yet mine is only at about 260 with the LMP + Fire Pen combo. what culd be the problem?
Hello! thank you for this PERFECT guide m8! Can u please tell me what i should change (gems -build) apart from items with IIR and IIQ in order to go for MF flame totem?

Thank you in advance.
"
CenterWarz wrote:
Hello. I have been using this build and have reached dominus cruel. your thread says that FT tooltip dps should 300+ yet mine is only at about 260 with the LMP + Fire Pen combo. what culd be the problem?

What is your weapon? I'm only at Cruel a2 and i've already got 350dps tooltip and i get pretty decent damage from my wand since it gives increased spell damage.
Hello,

So I reached lvl 71, I got EB, started to use AA and Clarity, lvl'd them a bit.
AA is lvl 8 atm, and I can maintain it and I don't need any mana potion at all. Not sure how far I could go with it, most likely a few lvls behind GoranH.

At this pont however I consider my character completed and do not wish to lvl any further yet.
As I've said, I killed piety merciless alone, and now I finished all the quests as well except Dominus. For the past few days I've been leveling with maps, mostly lvl 66, 1 or 2 67 and 1 68, no big issues, no close calls (hp dropped a few times, but nothin serious).

I have to say that I don't know how AA does it, but it really is more than worth it.

Gear (bought a ring with hp, res still capped)
Spoiler

Using 3 hp flasks, 1 quicksilver, 1 granite. Removed the mana potion: no need.

Stats
Spoiler

HP : 3486
Mana : 2194, but 'only' have 1056 with discipline and clarity
Have around 100% MF, a bit less
Armour : 2353 - 27%, with granite 57% (really satisfied with it)
Res:
- fire 75% (96)
- cold 75% (77)
- lightning 75% (114)

Flame totem dps: 1150

So.. I have to say that I loved the build, it's more than viable in invasion, it's cheap but also needs your attention at all times. You can't yolo, but I doubt there's a build that is this cheap and you can yolo with it.

I also love you GoranH, and I would love to see other guides from you.
Ofc I will hang around, but regarding the progress: no more updates anytime soon. :3
"
Pvvnstar wrote:
"
CenterWarz wrote:

What is your weapon? I'm only at Cruel a2 and i've already got 350dps tooltip and i get pretty decent damage from my wand since it gives increased spell damage.

Hmm, that might be the problem. None of my gear has increased spell damage, I have just been stacking hp and res.
Ugh, i died because i went afk at a waypoint. :^) Anyway, i was lv50 at cruel and had no problems at all besides the occasional invader but nothing that portal hopping didn't solve. Will make a new char and post progress again when i'm around the same level as i was.
Gear i had
Spoiler

had 1,7k hp, capped resists besides chaos and 500 ish mana, i didn't get EB yet though so that wasn't really relevant.
Just managed to get throught Cruel in Invasion, so i'm doing a little feedback. Before anything, thank you for your build. Just awesome. So easy to follow.
Must say i had no problem at all. I just took all your advice and it went damn well ^^
I managed to get my hands on a Q Flame Totem and it really helps.

When i changed some gear to max resist for Merceliess, i decided to loose some hp for Aurseize and get some IR.

2.250k hp
77% all resist elem
-20% chaos
40%ish red phys dmg
20%ish evade
24% block

600ish mana

500+ dps on 4L Flame Totem (Flame totem + Faster Casting + Fire Pen + LMP)

This is my current skill tree :

Spoiler

I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone could have. I'll probably go for this build at the beginning of the next Hc 4 month League since it's cheap and effective and can easily stack some IR&IQ to get some currencies fast for other chars.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info