[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

Update on the build:

Kinda pissed atm, it's 5 AM here and I wanted just to beat act 2 merc and call it a day... guess not.

Anyhow plans for the build.

EB is to be taken.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWxDMFE0WbxmFGjgabB8CJKoo-ilPKhMrtiynNsU26UGHRZ1G10rEVcZZ81orXcZgbXKpeGl6qoKbgseDOIdliPGLjIxGj0aQVZrgnC2dgJ2uogCj8qcIp4SnlKyqtQS3PriTwBrGrs9l0NDR_dgk2t3d8-Fz42rkIuoY6-7sOO0g8B_z3fau9zL4k_jr-ej-Cg==

My current passive tree at lvl 63... I had 5 unallocated skillpoints. So to keep it with "survivability first". I'd go directly EB. Then sort out my gear yet again.

Current gear:
Spoiler

Had 2.7k life, 700 mana... 1k dps on totems.

Plans... normal version of build without AA, and "advanced" version with AA as you'd need to actually trade for items to both get res/life on gear and mana regen.

Then with that, aside from Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Cast... try out something like Cold Snap + Iron Will + El Proliferation + Trap, for mob immobilization.

Hope I get will to continue this... Vaal Merc is still even with invaders not to be messed around, I took him lightly not even bringing topaz/granite with me... cause so far I had 0% trouble with him using flame totems... there's a first time for everything. :)

Lastly, I've gotten with self-found gear to end of Act 2 merci, lvl 63... died 'cause I wasn't well prepared (and underestimated the enemy). I'm yet to make a video about the build, because even though simple... there is a right way to use flame totems them take almost all hits, it's all about patience and careful positioning (not cast totems, Vaal will die :p) urgh...

Anyhow... Have fun and take care folks!
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Sad to see you ripped and are done for a bit. I was curious to see how far you could get and what path you would take. Hope you come back and get to an end game build!

Thanks for the advice and great write up!
"
Tynie wrote:
Sad to see you ripped and are done for a bit. I was curious to see how far you could get and what path you would take. Hope you come back and get to an end game build!

I'm gonna take what I've learned so far and go at it again... same thing. Damn it's insane how flasks are important, and not understimating certain things you've beaten without a hitch X number of times. XD

Regards,
GoranH
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
'sup.

I'm currently lvl 54 with your build and Im wondering why you're speccing out of ancestral bond around that time.
"
GoranH wrote:
"
Tynie wrote:

I'm gonna take what I've learned so far and go at it again... same thing. Damn it's insane how flasks are important, and not understimating certain things you've beaten without a hitch X number of times. XD

Regards,
GoranH

Ahh good for you. I understand the sudden rage and emotion wanting to quit after you rip. Sometimes you just have to step away for a day or two and get right back to it... or you could be bored and go to softcore :-) Glad you came back. Looking forward to updates from you. I will be back at my house to play tomorrow. Can't wait.
I'm level 58 at A2 merci atm. My build right now. With EB, and disc and clarity running I have no problems running a level 7 AA. If I level my AA anymore it will slightly drain my mana whenever I move. Got 900 deeps on the tooltip and not having many problems killing most invaders, but my HP is only 2.1k and resi is kinda low (50% avg) because my gear sucks. I think I'm going to farm Fellshrine Ruins for a long time before I move on.
IGN: Blitzhex
So glad you have decided to keep the build going. Enjoyed reading your guide very much. Very well written and informative. I am a new player, approx. 2 weeks now. Following your guide in Ambush....so I am as softcore as it gets. Looking forward to your updates as you progress. I play alone and 100% self found so my gear is very poor. A lot of things are blurry to me right now, I'm assuming things will become clearer with experience. My only other char was a groundslam marauder pure strength...so this "hybrid" type char is a bit confusing ie... seems like a lot of strength very early in the tree.
Following your guide exactly, enjoying the playstyle but it takes time and patience. Looking forward to your future posts and input. Thank you for sharing , its a tremendous help to new players like me. Best of luck......and most importantly...Have Fun !!!
"
Townnoob23 wrote:
So glad you have decided to keep the build going. Enjoyed reading your guide very much. Very well written and informative. I am a new player, approx. 2 weeks now. Following your guide in Ambush....so I am as softcore as it gets. Looking forward to your updates as you progress. I play alone and 100% self found so my gear is very poor. A lot of things are blurry to me right now, I'm assuming things will become clearer with experience. My only other char was a groundslam marauder pure strength...so this "hybrid" type char is a bit confusing ie... seems like a lot of strength very early in the tree.
Following your guide exactly, enjoying the playstyle but it takes time and patience. Looking forward to your future posts and input. Thank you for sharing , its a tremendous help to new players like me. Best of luck......and most importantly...Have Fun !!!

When you're just starting out it's rough... and builds differ in this game quite a lot, some to the point where there's little in common.

Considering ambush, hmmm you can update me with your progress, stats what are you using... with what you're having problems, and I'll gladly help if I can.

Yes, I made this build in mind with literary 0 funds needed, and to be self-found. For those starting out, or those who don't want to spend too much to have a new experience. Only downside of this build is that even though it's for beginners and all, it does require your attention (especially if playing hardcore). So you can't go willy nilly pressing the right summon totem button. Positioning, cursing and mobility is important.

Though all in all, when you get your totems and links going... every new flame totem level is a treat, watching everything burn to a crisp in matter of seconds, even bosses, and you just stay out of harms way. :)

I built this with in mind being the go to build for new leagues, begginners, those who want a character that'll rarely if ever die (while not being Aegis Aurora afk tank (I got 2 legacy Aurora's I should know)) heh. Now working on adding your character defense into the mix (Artic Armor) and adding a crippling skill to aid totems (Cold snap trap), so you'll be doing something apart from cursing and summoning. heh

Thing is, the more stuff I add, the complicating it becomes for new peeps and the more it requires from them. So since I made this like two days ago, and I'm still very ill from a nasty cold, plan is to divide the build into two (kinda) regular and as a note add advanced tips, what more you could be using etc.

Thanks for the kind words, and remember if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong!
-GoranH
Also

If playing self-found... let me sum up gearing and skills in few words.

On gear, get as much resistances and life as you can.
In normal difficulty, life is more important than resistances, in cruel have el. resistances 40%+ (try to cap as you're reaching end of cruel), and still focus on life... Merciless that's a stop for some people, because you'll really need to work on gearing, and here 30 life isn't same as 30% of some resistance, latter is more important. Still you need life.

On gems, don't overlevel clarity and LMP, clarity see for yourself. LMP as much as your build allows with no gear (even if it's lvl 3 LMP let's say (you get 14 from templar start and 30 from that dex node so lvl 3 is bare minimum, stop at that if you have to), you don't want to be gear dependant until you get an amazing piece of gear with +dex on it that you won't change soon).

On skills, pretty much basic is Flame totems on right mouse button, left mouse button is walk. Enf and flammability are basic curses. You can have clarity on T or middle mouse. Always throw totems in front of you, and you can do what I call "totem walk" in dangerous areas. Place totem to a place where you're heading, if totems does nothing, get to him, place a new one. If he starts attacking, back away to the last one, and as mobs close in both totems will be attacking. Or if the totems you've thrown is almost insta-dead... it's alarm to gtfo or be very careful. :)

Last edited by GoranH on Mar 10, 2014, 2:45:18 PM
"
Isdp wrote:
'sup.

I'm currently lvl 54 with your build and Im wondering why you're speccing out of ancestral bond around that time.

Could you tell me where do you see the "spec out" bit. As that's a mistake. :) When editing the build post... it's a complete mess. heh over 20 000 characters.

EDIT. If it's the one in progression plan, I fixed it. If there's more, please notify me.

Regards,
GoranH
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 10, 2014, 2:28:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info