1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
biyte wrote:
Why reduce leech on vaal pact?! and allow potions?!

This is like denying everything that vaal pact ever was...

You mean what Vaal Pact was, or what you think Vaal Pact was?

The answer to your question is likely "it gives CI characters that take it too much of an advantage, but we don't want to nerf life-based Vaal Pact builds into the ground, so we'll add a benefit that doesn't benefit CI/Ghost Reaver but does benefit life builds."

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's a lot better answer than some nebulous thought on what Vaal Pact "was."
Oh, and Vall ord will be worth nothing.. because no one likes random modifications that can't be changed.
reading a few of the comments..

same story every time GGG tries to successfully fix the balance issues, people complain and moan and act as if the world is ending.

on the last major update they scaled back some of the balance changes because of whiners on the forums, I hope that doesnt happen this time around. stick to the patch notes and this game will be better off IMO.
I really don't get how people can complain.
Can you even read? Or at least understand what you are reading?
I really want to start cursing most of you *****ds but i wont.

Anyway, to the point:

-Life leech got buffed

-Marauder tree which kinda sucked, got fixed.

-ST early game nerf was needed (to people who complain about leap slam not getting nerfed: It's a melee ability with far less aoe ability than ST+GMP/LMP and u have to get up close and personal with your enemies instead of doing op damage from safe distance)

-Spell damage is getting BUFFED, so they had to tone down spell totem's cast speed (since now spells will be doing more damage)

-Vaal pact: i dont quite understand how it will work with energy shield but they are buffing energy shield nodes so the result might end up the same (plus you might need life leech gem in melee builds which aren't using claws to reach max efficiency against double reflect).

-The above means: inderect buff to claw builds (now there is a reason to use them, probably)

-BoR nerf was needed (come on guys, seriously, let's not fool ourselves) and it isn't THAT big.

-Maligaro'sgloves nerf seems fine.

Don't forget: They don't want uniques to be BIS items. Uniques are here to make your build, well, unique. Rares with cool mods/rolls should be BiS, and not something you can simply farm 2 exs and faceroll everything. I, personally, am fine with this (many aren't-each to his own i guess).

-Crit Multiplier numbers in the passive tree got a little nerf since it takes less nodes to reach big crit multi nodes. (this means less points spent for bigger results then before, so numbers needed adjustments).

-New uniques are on the way. Their mods/added playstyle might be the reason behind some of the nerfs. We shall wait and see.

-Desecrate ground buffed

-Passive tree changes ARE NEEDED. If you are so bored to respec then...Well, what can i say. Planning skill tree and builds is what makes this game unique and different from anything else, you should be grateful for this opportunity.

-New skills on the way (vaal gems). Those might also justify some of the changes, since they will probably add a whole new meta to the game (which could turn out facerollshiet-broken if nothing was changed in the first place).

TL;DR - Before whining, wait till exact numbers, new passive tree are revealed, and the way new additions will synergise with everything else. I am pretty sure that they didn't just go ahead and added/removed stuff simply for the fun of it. Testings were made and scrubs who simply wan't the faceroll never turned off, shouldn't question most of the changes.

Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Mar 4, 2014, 5:01:39 PM
"
khemintiri wrote:
"
a side note

i have 4 frinds who played the game a while with me. But then they realized that they will never have the same chance to grow up then players who played this game since one year.
Exept they buy from rmt what they dont like.

One of my frinds played hardcore and died often in maps. Now 3 changed the game and the hardcore one buyed a legacy kaom and is verry happy to make maps without problems now.

If THAT is the new game philosophie i will also go.

how one thing can connect to the other ... i can't .... i mean

RMT sites are there , and will always be , regardless of what patches will come.

legacy items has nothing to do with that , if your friend sucks (like he obviously does) he would have gone and bought other items regardless.

so how about you tell your friend what you feel about rmt , cause trust me i did to my friend, and play the game with players who don't cheat, and stop blaming ggg cause your friend is a silly person.

I cant see that i blame ggg.

But i critzise the design decision they make. And its MY opinion. You can have your own.
And a say to him what i thin about this. But he has another meaning then i. And he say: in other games i paid every month. In poe i pay to win. its the same and if a game design make it possible to do so its not my problem.
There are many solutions to solve the problem with rmt sites. (no selling option for legacy items is one the other i wrote in my first post).

as long as ggg go the way they go there will be the posobility to pay to win. Thats no blaming thats real.

Its rihgt what some people say. Its only in standart and hardcore leage. in new leages its not so essential. But many new players dont realiese the differnce and play standart.
"
cena6665 wrote:
Oh, and Vall ord will be worth nothing..

I wish this was true, I'd buy all of them.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
cena6665 wrote:
Oh, and Vall ord will be worth nothing..

I wish this was true, I'd buy all of them.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by RoryC_GGG on Mar 4, 2014, 5:09:23 PM

[/quote]

You have this part wrong I think. I believe only Headhunter and Gull don't drop now, and the two-stone rings do drop, otherwise I doubt they'd have added the recipe to make taming.[/quote]

I actually hope I got that part wrong. It was stated, however, that "Unique items that were exclusive to Domination and Nemesis can no longer drop." and Berek's rings were kind of exclusive for Dom/Nem. Clarification from the Devs would be appreciated here. [/quote]

I think it was the base, Two-stone Ring, that couldn't drop in SC and HC and thus the unique too.

Now that Two-stone Rings can drop in SC and HC so can the unique variants of them.

That's my understanding anyway.[/quote]

Chris has actually stated that the Challenge league uniques, i.e. headhunter, gull, berek rings no longer drop. Only the bases drop. Taming recipe is made available to combine whatever bereks remain
I hope I can get culling strike or increased crit on this:

I will be so happy :D
the vaal pact nerf is just lame, i can throw my build to the trash now. i spent all my currancy on gearing it depending on the 6% life leech which is enough at 40k dps. basically after the patch, my char is useless, and i have to sell the items i bought, kewl.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info