Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

"
I am one of few people apparently who love the RNG, Its fantastic and makes everything slightly more exiting. Yay for more RNG, no item will ever be perfect ever!

I'm with you, gonna love the gamble with the vaal orbs :D
And rolling those boxes..
hello there, i have a question for GGG peeps,
is there any change for a free re talent roll when patch comes?
man im solo player i dont like the idea to party up for the new content. but after i have watched the "on meth double vaal" video im pretty sure this content will be sc only :p
we gonna see the new skill tree so we can plan our builds before march 5th? :-)
IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY
Sweet!!!
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
sounds great! This will be much better than "release".

Video is good too. Love it how Atziri stares at you at ~2:16.
The Unofficial Fan Art Thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/729
"
Runeword wrote:
sooo cool. you guys are too humble calling this a "mini" expansion. looks like a ton of work went into it. can't wait to play.

I can't wait to see what a full expansion looks like.
"
intian71 wrote:
hello there, i have a question for GGG peeps,
is there any change for a free re talent roll when patch comes?

Chris has already mentioned in another thread that there will be a full passive re-spec
"
PoorJoy wrote:
man im solo player i dont like the idea to party up for the new content. but after i have watched the "on meth double vaal" video im pretty sure this content will be sc only :p

Say's THAT guy:

Anyways, here are my 2 cents (in spoilers because tl;dr):

New Skillgems and corrupting skills:

Spoiler

positive:
- new skills, although they are kinda like the old ones ;-)
- more options for the players
- No old and already leveled up skills will be obsolete, because the new skills aren't strictly better

Questions remain:
How will the Vaal orb work. If I use a 1/1 gem, will it be possible to get 20+ %, and will the orb do that then. Or can the orb "lock" a percentage, like a gcp on crack?
When I roll the higher max level on a level 1 gem, will it be indicated?
Can skills become vaal skills outside of the 14 that will be in game from the start? Will they change later, when the skill is finished and just stay the same until then? Or can't they roll to vaal skills until the skill is actually implemented?

My conclusion:
For me this will mean, that I will rty to roll some of my 2ß0%1 gems I wanted to sell anyways and some of my 20/20 gems I use, risking a roll under level 20. That's a risk I am willing to take.

New side areas:

Spoiler

positive:
- new content, new bosses, new challenges and easy to skip if you don't feel up for it (or don't like vaal stuff).

Questions remain:
If they spawn only like once per hour, do we have to look for them or will they spawn in the area we enter next?
Will they spawn in map areas? And if so, will those areas have "vaal rolls" and map rolls we already had? Or will vaal areas only spawn in corrupted maps?

My conclusion:
This seems to be an entirely good thing, optional content up to the highest boss for everyone willing to do it without changing the gameplay for those who don't.

Vaal Orbs:

Spoiler

positive:
- again, optional
- only usable once per item, not many needed

negative:
- more RNG, possibility to ruin a GG item
- not too easy to come by

Questions remain:
If I have a GG item, it can be completely rerolled with all it's mods and then I can't change it anymore, right? So I need to eternal it before, but can I get my old item back then? Probably not. So Vaal Orbs are the ultimate gamble, or you need to mirror the original, use the mirrored one and gamble on the original hoping for jackpot.
That said: Can a corrupted Item be mirrored.
Can a unique be corrupted, and if so, can it reroll in the process?
If I get the white socket roll on a Vaal Orb, will it also reroll the links and sockets in general, or will it just turn some of the existing sockets white?

My conclusion:
Probably too risky for me, as a medium wealthy player, to risk my GG items. Maybe I will roll some Things from my stash or try to roll a new Item, maybe I will find a corrupted item I like. But as an option, I'll probably pass.

New leagues:

Spoiler

Well, both look good. Ambush will be fun, again, the things are just skipable if you don't want to do them, but it's a nice risk/reward feature.
Invasion sounds awfully hard, but GGG says, it wants players to RIP and reroll, this league will be unfair in many playces, it will be hardcore, testing skills and gear of the players. I advise any casual gamer not to try this, it will frustrate a lot. This is no content for me, but it sounds like a real challenge.

New PvP options:

Spoiler

The arena is nice. Probably ends up being 27 players with Righteous Fire staring at each other and running in circles while once in a while somebody else steps in and melts instantly, but whatever.
The cutthroat thing is nice, if it works as I imagine: You enable the option, and then anytime you play, anybody who has enabled the option as well can Invade your instance and vice versa. If I understand it correctly, you can just do that all the time, and play the whole game this way. Right?
Again, both options are not for me, but sound very nice.

What's left to see?
Spoiler
Skill-tree changes, although I am growing tired of respecs, my main Ranger already had 3!, a fourth is kinda tiresome, and I don't think it is necessary. I would change some of the skills (spec throw more expensive and less effective through the first 10 levels of the gem, stuff like that), but that's it. I think the game is fine atm.
New art on uniques (teased already).

Stuff that's missing:
Spoiler
- Changes to trading, but I understand that is very hard to do right, considering how they approached the expansion and the thoughts behind it (don't ruin the grind for items).
- Changes to the technical side (not teased/talked about yet, may come)
- PvE races with old chars (I#d like to see that. No prices, no exp, no penaltyx on death. Just kill as fast as possible and then compare builds...)

Regards.
Last edited by t_golgari on Mar 1, 2014, 8:05:55 AM
"
Adser wrote:
Wow, adding another random part to crafting AND making it a final decision, if crafting was already ridiculous, crafting good Vaal items is going to be plain impossible.

The rest of the changes are interesting, but making the game even more of a gamble is a big turn off for me.

How is crafting a good Vaal item going to be impossible? You craft your item, which ironically is the impossible part (except for the rich), and then when done use a Vaal orb. Vaal orbs do not harm the item in any way. You may not get an improvement or what you want, but the item will not be made worse, which is a vast improvement over crafting with regular currency items that wipe out existing sockets and links.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info