Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

"
t_golgari wrote:

WTF?

How do you get on in real life? I can't have gold medals from Sochi, because they are one of a kind and only for the 100some human beings capable of winning olympic gold. I don't like that, not giving all the peoples the same rewards for everyone.

That is the purpose of a competition with a price. Giving it to everyone devalues it. Making it a microtransaction that CANNOT be SOLD is the only way of doing it. Forum titles (special ones), Microtransactions and news posts highlighting players. Thats unique, that's an incentive to players to do the stuff and it doe not, in ANY way, corrupt (pun intended) the game.

Oh, and just because you did not get it: They are not giving away items. They are giving microtransactions. Those can't be sold. At least that is what Chris said. Microtransactions.

You can grind for your uniques as everyone else, but you are, same as me, not a nolifer that can take 2 weeks of and compete for those prices. Get over it. You can still try to defeat the dungeon of Atziri. You just won't get a reward for it, because you will not be one of the 50 first.

I would just like to reinforce the fact that the reward is some microtransaction bound to that account.

It's not like they are handing out super items or something.

It's just something to build some more hype for the game with streamers and all that.
could you give a bit of information on the Trade system that was mentioned in This post?

"
Ongoing Content

Path of Exile's release is in a few weeks, but that's only the start of its development cycle! Our core development team scaled up from 20 developers to 33 during the Open Beta and we're planning to continue to grow it so that we can keep up a fast pace of Path of Exile content development. We're planning on releasing updates every two weeks, which will include content such as new skills, support gems, Unique items, microtransactions, league modes, balance changes and bug fixes. Our long term plans revolve around expansions each four months that add substantial content or headline features (such as new trade systems) that are timed with the rotation of our four-month challenge leagues.

Thanks for reading! We'll be posting plenty more information about these individual areas over the next two weeks. Look forward to seeing you all at Release.

The mini expansion looks great but what i was really hoping for was a solid trade system as the system in PoE is what made me leave the game in frustration.

Best regards
Dagger
I think Vaal orbs will help clear up my stash space as I can just go corrupting everything and just keeping stuff that turns out good.It's a bit like condensing your items to a higher tier of quality when you think about it.All that hoarding might pay off.

"
Well this is super disappointing. I thought the vaal orb would be like a chaos and you could reroll til you get the mod you want. Pretty stupid to use if you can never use currency on the item again. Seriously diminished my excitement for the new league.

Not to me for the reasons above the quote.
"
t_golgari wrote:
Oh, and just because you did not get it: They are not giving away items. They are giving microtransactions. Those can't be sold. At least that is what Chris said. Microtransactions.

The MTX can't be sold. The means to greatly improve your chance to obtain one, however, can. We saw that with the 8-start rewards.

If these were rewards for a race season consisting of many short, temporary races, I'd feel differently about them, because the only way to succeed at them is by playing and being good. The same does not apply to these 100 MTX rewards. (Same situation as with the gold medal example: no matter how much money you spend, you cannot buy the win.)
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:

Wtf, why are you still guessing about the orb, when they just spent the time to write up exactly how it will work?

They clearly said after you corrupt something ONCE, no other modifications can be made to it.

Well I'm clearly trying to make some sense out of it. Maybe if all of the new "vaal mods" are really good ones I can see this working. But I'd like vaal orbs to be like exalt rare or smth close to that if that's the case.

For sure you'll throw vaal orbs at many "not so good" items and quite a lot of them will bring very nice results. But I can't see myself not using just the good old 6 stat "perfect" rare item. Maybe if I see all of the vaal mods I'll change my mind. Who knows.
Do you guys think old builds will work? For example Blender build i got an eye for this one!
Yay, more RNG-_-

I guess eternal orbs just went through the roof in price. Not only do you not know which random mod you can get, you can pretty much brick your item. If you are not rich enough to eternal/corrupt/eternal.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I wonder if there will be a surge of people buying cheap but nice uniques to corrupt,I would be tempted to.
"
Mivo wrote:

If these were rewards for a race season consisting of many short, temporary races, I'd feel differently about them, because the only way to succeed at them is by playing and being good. The same does not apply to these 100 MTX rewards. (Same situation as with the gold medal example: no matter how much money you spend, you cannot buy the win.)

I understand your point of view exactly, but I just don't think it's as big a deal as you make it out to be.

Oh, and if you don't think having money plays any role in obtaining most gold medals you are very wrong.

"
Odoakar wrote:
Yay, more RNG-_-

I guess eternal orbs just went through the roof in price. Not only do you not know which random mod you can get, you can pretty much brick your item. If you are not rich enough to eternal/corrupt/eternal.

This is assuming you can use an eternal orb like this. Their seems logic that could argue either way but we really don't know yet I suppose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info