Eight New Quivers in Challenge Leagues

Ok, a bow max is maybe pushing 600 dmg and a 2 hand is close to 900... there are other factors:

The bow is ranged, giving the character a degree of safety that the melee user does not have.

The quiver changes the bow damage output dramatically while the user is still firing away at stuff off screen.

Meanwhile, the 2h melee is up close and personal, taking hits, getting shocked, frozen, etc while having no enhanced benefits of a (quiver/shield/offhand).

Just trying to keep the characters balanced, it seems reasonable that the 2h melee would have an "optional" piece that fits into the shield slot. (quivers are optional too)

That option could be something simple like x-type armour bonus: character gains xx armor.

Or it could be funky like:

"stomp boot spurs": 2H only: On critial hit, character Stomps target foe for x seconds stun and knock back. (20% chance)

"elbow smash arm guards": 2H only: On Stun, character elbows target foe for xx% of physical damage (20% chance)

"face kick boot clamps": 2h only: When on low life, character face kicks target foe, leeching 10% life (30% chance)

discuss...
Last edited by Cambob on Feb 25, 2014, 9:45:58 PM
"
Cambob wrote:
Ok, a bow max is maybe pushing 600 dmg and a 2 hand is close to 900... there are other factors:

The bow is ranged, giving the character a degree of safety that the melee user does not have.

The quiver changes the bow damage output dramatically while the user is still firing away at stuff off screen.

Meanwhile, the 2h melee is up close and personal, taking hits, getting shocked, frozen, etc while having no enhanced benefits of a (quiver/shield/offhand).

Just trying to keep the characters balanced, it seems reasonable that the 2h melee would have an "optional" piece that fits into the shield slot. (quivers are optional too)

That option could be something simple like x-type armour bonus: character gains xx armor.

"stomp boot spurs": 2H only: On critial hit, character Stomps target foe for x seconds stun and knock back. (20% chance)

"elbow smash arm guards": 2H only: On Stun, character elbows target foe for xx% of physical damage (20% chance)

"face kick boot clamps": 2h only: When on low life, character face kicks target foe, leeching 10% life (30% chance)

discuss...

wot m8?
Shadow LA/Frenzy Crit Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/470867 || Best Life Belt on PoE for Mirror : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/521100
IGN : Blastrophe
I love the art for that swiss army knife.

Oh, wait. Its a quiver :/

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
"
bchan wrote:
Please tell me that fired arrows in the game will now look different based on the type of quiver. Because that would be amazing. <3

I can absolutely guarantee you that definitely will not happen.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"
NeoRussia wrote:
"
D4wdl wrote:
Yeah it's just that i'd like to be able to stunlock with bow for a build, that'd be nice with the new quivers but oh well we'll see. :)

This might only work if you can corrupted quality a decent stun duration on a bow. Since there is no skill like heavy blow or ground/leap slam for bows that gets extra stun you won't be able to stunlock most enemies.

Giving Point Blank a reduced stun threshold would work pretty well, it's a very underused skill and if a reduced stun threshold scaled with the damage based on distance (in effect creating two sources for increased stun chance) then I think Point Blank could actually be pretty useful for once - As enemies approach your chance to stun them would increase rapidly till you have (with supplementary items and passives) a very high chance to stun an enemy with each hit.
"
Cambob wrote:

discuss...

I'm really glad you aren't on the game design team :)
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
All this dex crying is being blown out of proportion imo. Duelist casters dont get an implicit INT offhand, Shadow melees dont get an STR
Shadow Melees can use Heavy Belts though. Should we dump those while we're at it?

There isn't an Int equivalent though, short of maybe Atziri's Foible. Probably why there are no Duelist casters.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Feb 25, 2014, 10:30:34 PM
"
Cambob wrote:

discuss...

Face kick boot clamps.....well played future Borderlands 3 dev.

But you are right 2h melee weapons need a scabbard for that slot, but that's been cried for many times.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
Rest is piece all off ranger bow class's that actually benefit pretty nice from the 40 dex then the pitily 1-4 dmg.
Nooooooooo!

MY LIGHTNING QUIVER!!!

This is very distressing, but I like the new quiver types aside from the stun duration one... Maybe you could throw in a lightning quiver in there instead of that one. -nudge nudge, wink wink-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info