Eight New Quivers in Challenge Leagues

"
D4wdl wrote:
What's the point of having stun on a quiver if you can't have stun in the tree for bows? Is that going to modify too?

Heavy Draw -
18% phys damage with bows
4% max life
16% stun duration with bows
"
Cambob wrote:
It may have been addressed already, but with all the love for quivers which require using a 2 hand weapon (bow).. where is the love for 2 handed melee weapons?

Before ya'll freak out, consider it a balance issue.

Create a class of armour for 2 handed users which would fit into the shield slot. This item would provide armour class benefits, rather than damage benefits and could only be equipped when using a 2 hand melee weapon.

2hands got a boost a while ago... that's why you're seeing 2h melee weps with close to 900 dps
IGN @Jalamin
Last edited by Jalamin on Feb 25, 2014, 8:32:42 PM
Yeah it's just that i'd like to be able to stunlock with bow for a build, that'd be nice with the new quivers but oh well we'll see. :)
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Can't wait!
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
"
tmblake09 wrote:

Just make it like quivers. It boosts damage or assists in damage in some way. That would be perfectly reasonable since archers get this benefit while using a 2-H weapon, but no melee builds do.

Except a perfect bow caps out at around 560 DPS, two handers can reach over 900...
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
D4wdl wrote:
Yeah it's just that i'd like to be able to stunlock with bow for a build, that'd be nice with the new quivers but oh well we'll see. :)

This might only work if you can corrupted quality a decent stun duration on a bow. Since there is no skill like heavy blow or ground/leap slam for bows that gets extra stun you won't be able to stunlock most enemies.
Really cool. I like the pierce one, great idea. Could be really awesome when used with a high level/q pierce gem.

And for heavier-hitting bow phys skills, the stun duration is pretty cool too. Ofc the physical and crit are cool. I think a poison type thing would be cool for one of the uniques. Arrows and poison go together so well, and poison arrow doesn't really do the idea justice.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Feb 25, 2014, 9:16:21 PM
"
leighferon wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Yeah dex should stay IMO. 40 dex is a ton to lose for hybrids.

it will break every hybrid bow toon in the game...is ggg that low?

no it wont

All this dex crying is being blown out of proportion imo. Duelist casters dont get an implicit INT offhand, Shadow melees dont get an STR offhand, they have to get those stats on other gear. Rings, amulet, if you need Dex and green sockets for bow gems you probably have hybrid or ev gear which can roll dex on every slot you have it in.

Seems to me like it was just an easy way out for str/int class bow users rather than actually having to think more about their other gear. I think its a good thing its gone because theres no equivalents for other hybrid/off stat builds and they manage just fine. I have a marauder caster, I have int on a ring, my wand and my hat. I have a dagger ranger with int on a ring, on the hat and on the offhand dagger (rolled, not implicit). Needing a core stat is never a build breaker, you can get core stats on almost every slot.

I like the quiver changes. I liked the implicits on high level bows too, both needed. One thing though, I think the bows with implicits should stretch down to about lvl45 items. Its not like a Platinum Kriss is the only slow dagger that can be good, but right now with bows even the lvl50 bases which drop a lot are still absolutely worthless which is a shame because its not the case with fancy foils, golden kriss etc.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 25, 2014, 9:22:48 PM
Well, now I'm making a bow user for sure.

And to the people who day you can't stun with bows, you absolutely can. There's generic stun threshold and duration nodes that you can use with any weapon, you can use a quality stun gem for both threshold and duration, and there's the bow node in the bottom right that adds stun duration. You can also get stun stats on belts and some uniques, and now we also have a stun quiver. I'm regularly stunning enemies as I level a bow user. You just have to do enough physical damage to have a chance to stun. I just need to invest a little more in stun duration, and I think I could stun-lock.
"
Xigar wrote:
Well, now I'm making a bow user for sure.

And to the people who day you can't stun with bows, you absolutely can. There's generic stun threshold and duration nodes that you can use with any weapon, you can use a quality stun gem for both threshold and duration, and there's the bow node in the bottom right that adds stun duration. You can also get stun stats on belts and some uniques, and now we also have a stun quiver. I'm regularly stunning enemies as I level a bow user. You just have to do enough physical damage to have a chance to stun. I just need to invest a little more in stun duration, and I think I could stun-lock.

lol
Shadow LA/Frenzy Crit Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/470867 || Best Life Belt on PoE for Mirror : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/521100
IGN : Blastrophe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info