What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

The prismatic thing is quite clever, I would love to see tons more items come from sources other that drops. In case you haven't noticed people who spend their currency crafting tend to end up barely even or in the hole sometimes. If there are items that MUST be crafted people will gladly get into this. Sadly, as it stands crafting is a complete waste of orbs. You can easily just make some other person waste their orbs crafting what you want and buy it without the risk of getting RNG'd (as is the common case with chest pieces). I really think this is an important step that needs to be taken, maybe adding undroppable base types (for everything not just rings) would be a good way to start.

Not sure how I feel about the IIQ thing, honestly most domination players have gotten used to it being a non-factor. I would like to see it come back though, I think it adds an element of decision making to already packed gem sockets...IIQ modifiers on items could go either way though; they make RNG that much less likely to spawn perfect items, but also allow for players to get IIQ on items. Most people tend to chisel maps early to compensate for the difference so I haven't noticed or cared for this much.

Shrines should really stay, yes acceleration/divine shrines are very op but they are so rare that it hardly ever matters.

As usual my PvP tournaments info request forever remains.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Last edited by StrayYoshi on Feb 12, 2014, 6:38:16 PM
I am not entirely happy with the introduction of nemesis-mods into the core game.

That means you always have to carry a topaz flask with you in case some Storm Heralds with extra damage mods will spawn.

I really wanted to get rid of those necessity.

I don´t mean to play brain afk, but storm herald can be REALLY a pain in the ass on maps.
"
Alhoon wrote:
I don't understand where people are getting this "Legacy IIQ gem" from? The only situation where existing gem was deemed too broken (in one way or another) and subsequently removed was Phase Run back in Closed Beta, and that certainly didn't leave a Legacy version of it. If they remove IIQ gem from drop tables, I'm pretty sure it means they remove it from the game altogether. Maybe they'll leave you an Alch or something for compensation, but I doubt it.

"We are highly likely to prevent the Item Quantity support gem from dropping in 1.1.0"
I think the biggest problem with Nemesis mods is how they scale with monster damage. Nobody would complain about a Skeleton with Storm Call or Corrupting Blood, but a Devourer... I mean, even among the high hitting monsters, the difference is just too drastic in my opinion.

My Nemesis toon, who was able to leech more life he'd lose against a Corrupting Blood Golem or Zombie, was killed in a millisecond by Corrupting Blood Devourer. I know it's entirely my fault he died, and I'm not blaming the game for that. It was a cool mechanic when it was Nemesis only, but if it becomes part of Standard, Hardcore and the new leagues with their new supposedly instakilling mechanics, I feel it's just too much. Maybe tone them down a bit and tie the damage to monster level or something instead of damage.
"
Alhoon wrote:
"
mucker wrote:
There was a full wipe at the start of open beta. Phase run can't really be considered a precedent in this case.
Was it during that full wipe when Phase Run was deleted? I can't really remember.

Yep https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70479
When I kill a man he stays dead.
What will happen to unique prismartic rings (except The Taming)? Will they still be obtainable with chance orb or will they be removed from the game except for legacy ones?
"
Bunnu wrote:
"We are highly likely to prevent the Item Quantity support gem from dropping in 1.1.0"

Yes, but that doesn't exclude the removal of the gem entirely, especially when they're still thinking about the whole thing.

I can't find it now, but I think I read the devs justify Legacy items back in time because of how small amount of them were out there. Sure there's thousands of Legacy Kaom's, but that's still a fraction of a percentage compared to the amount of players. If IIQ goes Legacy, it will be so common that there'll probably be one for every player. Since there's no natural decay of items on Standard, removing it from drops and quests hardly makes a difference.
If you remove quantity I can only pray you boost CURRENCY drop rates. Take a look at my profile sometime. With all the time spent in the new leagues, I got exactly..... zero exalt drops, zero eternal drops, and 2 divine drops. The part of the merge I was most looking forward to was the chance to use IIQ again, as then MAYBE I might get an orb drop sometime. You guys removing it really makes me sad. How bout nerfing some jeweler RNG.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Hi

Here's to a some more interesting leagues then the previous. Any ideas on setting up a vote to see what type of league players would like next?

Time to hoard iiq items and prismatic rings lol.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Why the are you guys fucking with the mf players over? I don't see WHAT IS WRONG with the quantity gem or even in general.

I'll be mf'ing 24/7 -.-

You guys already fucked MF by the whole DR thing wth lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 12, 2014, 6:59:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info