What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

can you explain why creating a gazillion legacy items with iiq affixes is a better idea than just removing iiq affixes from the new leagues?
Thank the Gods (Chris being the Patron God of RNG, among others) that Nemesis Mods are coming to SC/HC!

I would have quit if we lost Nemesis Mods, they are so fun!

In SC/HC I never look forward to Rares, and just go "meh, a Rare. Whatevs."
But in Nemesis, I'm constantly looking forward to a Rare, like an excited child waiting for his Christmas presents! "Oh, I can't wait for the next Rare, I wonder what mod it's gonna be!"

They are so fun, and some, especially Corrupting Blood <3, give me some dance-with-death adrenaline rushes! (I let it stack to 20 and don't even Staunch it, because YOLO.)

I assume they'll remove Storm Herald, because that shit is ridiculous.. But I hope most of them remain, and I hope it's not as rare as Exiles (which are the stupidest feature ever..), not only because I want to see the Mods often, but because it'd make it harder for noobs who've not experienced the mods because of their rarity, and then ending up unawares when they finally face one.

PS. IIQ Gem becoming Legacy? Horde up my brothers!
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
I hate the idea of having legacy IIQ items. I have 154 IIQ. It's just not fair to other people. Also having legacy IIQ gem around will just mean everyone will make a ton of characters just to run through the game and get the IIQ gem.

I suggest increasing the diminishing returns on IIQ instead.
I don't understand where people are getting this "Legacy IIQ gem" from? The only situation where existing gem was deemed too broken (in one way or another) and subsequently removed was Phase Run back in Closed Beta, and that certainly didn't leave a Legacy version of it. If they remove IIQ gem from drop tables, I'm pretty sure it means they remove it from the game altogether. Maybe they'll leave you an Alch or something for compensation, but I doubt it.
Last edited by Alhoon on Feb 12, 2014, 6:27:00 PM
W00t, the taming is now even less accessible for poor people. Yay.

B/O 150 ex

Also, will there be a free full respec for 1.1.0?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
the gem is a minor thing. there will be an insane amount of legacy rares.
"
raics wrote:
"
Powerful legacy items are a feature of the permanent leagues.

Nice feature :/

I know right. Don't get me wrong I don't really care so long as they are not allowed in PvP when it finally becomes a big part of the game. But As someone with a job I don't have the time to fully gear a chr in 4 month league and would like to keep all my pvp chrs so I want to play in standard. If they allow OP legacy items in pvp I'm probably just going to quit the game because the only reason I grind for hours on end is to pvp.
"
Alhoon wrote:
I don't understand where people are getting this "Legacy IIQ gem" from? The only situation where existing gem was deemed too broken (in one way or another) and subsequently removed was Phase Run back in Closed Beta, and that certainly didn't leave a Legacy version of it. If they remove IIQ gem from drop tables, I'm pretty sure it means they remove it from the game altogether. Maybe they'll leave you an Alch or something for compensation, but I doubt it.

There was a full wipe at the start of open beta. Phase run can't really be considered a precedent in this case.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
There was a full wipe at the start of open beta. Phase run can't really be considered a precedent in this case.
Was it during that full wipe when Phase Run was deleted? I can't really remember.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info