Oldest Path of Exile Screenshot

I would say that the game has definitely improved since then. That's just my opinion though.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
I would say that the game has definitely improved since then. That's just my opinion though.

Its hard to even compare.
Repent! That's what i'm talking about!
Can that be one of the league option
HYPERCUBE!!!
Insanity is overrated unless you join me in mine.
You should put something like this into the game as an easter egg...
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
secret level please ;-)
Starting to refactor as soon as you find a much more efficient means of doing something will pay off hugely later. Waiting only has value if it's already too late, which right now it's not, so good choice.

I'm actually curious though, are you working with an object-oriented architecture or an entity-component-system architecture?
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
I'm actually curious though, are you working with an object-oriented architecture or an entity-component-system architecture?

We use a component system for our entities. I based the design originally off an article written by the guys who made Dungeon Siege.

We actually have several different component systems in use in different areas, not just for entities.

These days most professional quality games use systems like that.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
WOOOO!!! There are articles about making of Dungeon Siege. Thank you very much Jonathan for mentioning that.

I looking for all information I can get about making h'n's games, and this aricles are worth to me a lot.
https://www.artstation.com/pstaszkiewicz
"
Jonathan wrote:
"
zeto wrote:

We use a component system for our entities. I based the design originally off an article written by the guys who made Dungeon Siege.

We actually have several different component systems in use in different areas, not just for entities.

These days most professional quality games use systems like that.

Yeah I've done quite a bit of research on that and done some entity systems on my own. It's a very interesting architecture, very robust, and much more efficient.

I'm curious if you have any additional resources that I might not have seen yet. I program entirely as a hobby, as I'm a lab rat during the week, so it's sorta difficult to find good write-ups and examples of such things when you aren't in the field.

The most complicated issues in architecture seem to be threading optimizations, inter-component or system communication special cases, and queue optimizations (most examples I've seen just iterate every entity/component without regard for need)

Anyway, I've never seen an article that addressed these things or gave examples of anything other than simply "make an entity reference, make components, and make systems to process the components."
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
really nice! great to see a picture of early development!
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info