Recent Economic Abuse

What wrong they do ? Playing too good in game?
What difference beatween scarabs"abuse" and optimal scarab using?
You can costomise your maps but if you build it too good we will fix you.
Maybe hexblast builds is abuse too?
"
bbq_sausage wrote:
"
Simple2012 wrote:
Bug exploit is a bannable offense

What "bug" was exploited?

None, they used the tools the devs game them to generate a ridiculous amount of currency.
Sure, the devs may not have intended for the tools to be used this way, but that's not an exploit, that's oversight.
You can't ban people for having higher levels of creativity with tools than the devs intended.
"
bbq_sausage wrote:
"
sulix wrote:
What is there to discuss? This is just like Empy abuse in Ultimatum league. Just ban for the league and void the wealth generated by this.

I am not a big fan of comparing this case to Empy's. Well for multitude of reasons. First and foremost - Empy's group (iirc) used oversight in game mechanic which allowed them to effectively print infinite loot, limited only by hardware with 0 investment on their part. Second, i think Empy's case in my opinion had more to do with public backlash at the time, and not the aboos itself.

Also not the first time. I do agree its not a pure exploit like last time, but all the same they should know better and it should be looked at like that.
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
"
r34_Angryi wrote:
Why dont you just permaban these abusers for once? Show that you value players who report these bugs and exploits instead of being overly tolerant to people who ruin the economy.

Because this is an intended game mechanic? There wasn't a bug. It was an oversight, but everything they did was all intended gameplay: scry to put a high tier map div cards on a low tier map. All but 1 of those div cards were restricted from dropping then because of the drop restrictions. Then the scarab that adds packs of monsters that drop div cards. Not a single step of this was disallowed and it makes no sense to punish them for a profitable strat that found. Locking the wealth which I assume means the divine orbs are now account bound is about as far as they can go.

Bug Definition: A bug is a flaw or error in the code or logic of a software program that causes it to produce incorrect or unexpected results, or to behave in unintended ways.

Anyone with a sane brain would understand the game logic is not intended for you to be printing divines. You can pretend to not know, but you'll trick no one but yourself.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
Yan_n wrote:
and you are sure they didnt mule the loot to other burn accounts?

Any IT devs can tell you they can track that lol it's all in a database.

Technically it's not certain they're saving each action in a database and it's not certain they're logging it either. We can only pray that they are keeping the data one way or another, but there's no guarantee.
"
bbq_sausage wrote:
To all who call out for bans. Clarify to me how much div/h or uniques i need to make for strategy starting to be "muh aboos". If i were to suggest actions i suggest rolling people participated in this back to day 0 in league and give them some mtx as consolation.

So, if you catch a criminal, would you tell him to stop stealing and give him a cookie?
Sounds a bit wrong to compensate someone for breaking the rules.
"
bbq_sausage wrote:

If there were no law directly stating what is considered inside trading, and no law directly prohibiting such actions - yes you should. Thankfully the regulations and precedents are well documented, unlike in case of this poe "aboose" where group were acting within defined game mechanics, without exploiting engine or server vulnerabilities. Do their results deem an action from GGG - yes. Is comparesent with stock market hold any water? - no. Besides, supposedly poe in game market operates under anarchic capitalsim model of market from my understanding, without "govermental" regulation.

there was certainly precedent, MR lawyer, and they do hold up on court.
"
darklord22 wrote:
Why is this actionable? It's using known techniques that all function as they intended just in an unforeseen way. If a farming strategy is too good then all of a sudden it becomes bannable? If it were only half as good would it still be bannable? what about a quarter? Why wasn't fubgun banned last league the day he solo farmed 10 mirrors? We desperately need some clarity on this GGG.

Did you read the post? The accounts are locked to protect the economy, and the League. They are unlikely to be perma banned.

If this unforeseen mechanic continued, trade league would end for most players today as it spread. It is literally hundreds to thousands of divines an hour.
"
XeeWTF wrote:
"
Razzenit wrote:

What if a streamer was caught *cough*fub*cough*gun*cough* doing it?

Shouldn't such a streamer be nailed too?

"Mom, he's making currency doing something the game allowed him to because you didn't test properly! I'm still stuck in act 6! It's just not fair! 😭"

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Or would you also rob the bank if it's left unlocked and unguarded?
"
gruumine wrote:

there was certainly precedent, MR lawyer, and they do hold up on court.

If you are referring to Empy case, i already said i dont think comparesent holds water. Counter points - Stygian spire multiproj strat during affliction league, split fracturing blueprints during heist, and list of clever uses of game mechanics goes on.

"
Simple2012 wrote:

So, if you catch a criminal, would you tell him to stop stealing and give him a cookie?
Sounds a bit wrong to compensate someone for breaking the rules.

Criminal act is defined by breaking the law. If i catch a criminal in the act of breaking the law i should report him to the police or stop him.

"
Jixa87 wrote:
You can't ban people for having higher levels of creativity with tools than the devs intended.

This is exactly the point i am making

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info