(3.25) Warcry Chieftain Slammer something?! Collecting some ideas

"
R3kt3m wrote:
Hi Guys,

Wanted to share a POB for this idea, which I guess, can be named The Crying Chief Slammer.

https://pobb.in/X--5nrcOlHrR

It includes several progression trees from lvl1 to 100. I wanted to check if this is a viable tree. If it is, then up next is finish the gear (levelling, midgame and endgame) + skills.

I'm no build crafter so good chance these trees are ass. If not, feel free to add gear and skills and reshare so the community can keep building on this.
I'll continue on this pob during the day here and there and share progress.

I can't open it properly because im on mac and pob isnt updated yet. What i can see is that you pick way too many regular 2h and mace nodes and stuff like warcry power, which is useless if you go chieftain.

For defense layers you want to pick all endurance charges you can get and more armour and fortify orientation. If you have no spell suppression you need to compensate this somehow.

On Slams we need to be careful not to care about the dmg numbers too much. Movement, Attackspeed will be much more important to make the build smooth.
Follow the " Updating Path of Building data from source" steps on that Mac thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009944, 3.25 tree works fine. any updates in the dev branch works just fine on my mac.

also are we sure you get all the buffs?

> Autoexertion is a skill gem that reserves mana for each supported warcry skill to have them trigger automatically once off cooldown. Supported warcries to no longer grant a buff effect, but they will exert your attacks.
Last edited by canercetin on Jul 22, 2024, 7:50:59 AM
Also piano-ing 6 warcries would be wrist breaker. if you get urgent orders + all warcry speed nodes, there would be too much stop and go moments. autoexertion only gives you buffs that are related to exerted attacks. thought about this idea for solid 3 hours today, and I can't figure out how do you even build something like this with decent dps.
"
canercetin wrote:
Follow the " Updating Path of Building data from source" steps on that Mac thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009944, 3.25 tree works fine. any updates in the dev branch works just fine on my mac.

also are we sure you get all the buffs?

> Autoexertion is a skill gem that reserves mana for each supported warcry skill to have them trigger automatically once off cooldown. Supported warcries to no longer grant a buff effect, but they will exert your attacks.

This Thread is where i take my PoBs every league, but im not into this editing stuff and was not able to update it by myself yet.

For Warcries, i think we will end up play it hybrid, meaning some of them are autoexerted like Intimidating Cry and others like Seismic Cry are selfcast.

Sione becomes more needless the more we automate warcies but even enduring cry and seismic cry buffs are so powerful that it is worth in my opinion.

"
arteqt wrote:
IDK if this fits into this thread since this one doesn't really make use of most of warcries.

Chieftain + New max power node(Sione, Sun's Roar) + General's Cry + Tectonic Slam.

This build was already good and just got better with the new chieftain node since you don't even need to spawn corpses to reach max power. No Cyclone = faster overall. No downtime of attacking. Huge clear area. You just run and everything melts.

With chieftain you can get 90 resists + Endurance charges.

I am yet to find what can go wrong.

General's Cry can only summon mirages if there are corpses nearby, the warcry's power doesn't change this fact. Corpses were spawned so that you could use the skill, not to generate power, as the corpses themselves don't provide nearly enough power to actually be useful. If you don't want to use Cyclone, you have to use Corpsewalker.

You can test this in-game right now if you wish, because Redblade Banner already gave warcries infinite power.
Here's a scuffed POB for VFoS Chieftain using mid-tier end game gear. I'll be aiming for something similar on league start. I started with a shell from someone else and made my own changes.

I simulated Overexert support with a 60% more damage modifier, though I left fortify support and Pulverize in there, and disabled so you can compare.

Pulverize vs Ruthless is up to you. I'll probably go Pulverize tbh.

https://pobb.in/pssUIHK4MxOE

Onslaught flask would be huge for mapping.

Getting an exerted medium cluster with Mob Mentality will allow us to generate one random charge every war cry. This might allow us to crit swap comfortably.
I am trying to do something like this with tectonic slam but I am still deciding between chieftain or juggernaut endurance stacking.
Made Some final changes before overexert gets released.

https://pobb.in/owM6UFy0rBhP

Any build running overexert is going to have a hard time fitting in as many exerted war cries as possible, but they do give 18% more which is worth an aura.
my idea is Earthquake of amplification, with impale(the impaler keystone).

pob is not finished, but basic idea is enhancing warcry, impale and duration.

downside is using blodd magic and petrified blood, need keep warcry none stoping to stay alive, and some jewels could be a bit expensive early in league.

maybe use earthshatter for map clearing, not decided.

Last edited by Riki_J on Jul 25, 2024, 3:50:44 AM
Hey guys, nice to see people keep collecting here! Sry for being a bit silent in my own thread, i just jump around between lot of builds attached to warcry syngeries (eternal apple infinite rage infinite vaal impurity of fire blade blast chieftain! :D)

"
rechetking wrote:
Made Some final changes before overexert gets released.

https://pobb.in/owM6UFy0rBhP

Any build running overexert is going to have a hard time fitting in as many exerted war cries as possible, but they do give 18% more which is worth an aura.

Ya overexert is just such a good support and is stronger than most auras. I suggest autoexert 2-3 warcries and mapp without many selfcast warcries. Selfcast Seismic cry should be mandatorry on chieftain since it is 50% more armour and it exerts so many slams, that you just press it like any 8 seconds or even less.

Keep in mind, that there is exert cluster node, that gives onslaught, which is mandatory for slow slam builds. Selfcast enduring cry with petrified blood seems also really strong to me and you can fit blood thirst if you run out of good supports (that opens up to use the +2 exert mace which has not that good base phys.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info