(3.25) Warcry Chieftain Slammer something?! Collecting some ideas

So this is once again a Melee Theocraft week before Leaguestart i want to discuss the Warcry Changes and how it fit into a Leaguestarter.

Chieftain is the more leaguestart friendly option because of fire res mechanics and free +1 support for our mainskill. And Warcries have full power is also a very big deal i think because it have better uptime for all the buffs.

So my first idea was something like: 5-6 exerting warcries, slamming attack like earth quake or groundslam, rage + banner.

First discussion why Warcries: The new support gem Overexertion gives at level 1 70% more dmg if you have 5 exerting warcries effecting the attack (12*5+10 base). So this goes up to maybe 80-90% at lvl 20, who knows.(5 warcries is max i think for either slam or strike skills)
The new Chieftain Sione Son's Roar gives Full warcry Power and 30% Buff effect. With some investment you can have 100% warcry Buff effects and here are some examples what that means:
- Infernal Cry gives 50% extra phys as fire
- Intimidating Cry gives 36% movementspeed
- Ancestral cry gives 60% allres and 10 maxres (...)
- seismic cry gives 150% stun threshold and 50% more armour
- rallying cry gives 36% extra of your mainhand dmg
- battlemage cry gives 5% base critchance
- enduring cry gives 20% liferegen (hello rf)
And on top of it you have all the classic exert effects that are mostly untouched (seismic gives now 50% more aoe fo 6 attacks)

Yes, it will be a piano build, but that is easier now without totem stuff. And for mapping you will be fine with intimidating and seismic cry, the piano is just for tougher situations and boss fights.

The new Call to Arms version, Autoexortion, automates a warcry without shared cooldowns at a cost of 15% manareservation each. There will be reservationpressure but even 2 automated warcries would help (it gives no buffs so it only is usefull on warcries that u only take to exert attacks like battlemage cry)

Second discussion why rage: Rage got buffed and nerfed for warcry slammers. The Mastery gives easy access now and delivers 5 rage per warcry. The lost attackspeed will hurt any slam build hard but the massiv dmg multiplier (30%-50% for low or high investment on tree) and berserk on top is still very strong.

last thing, what skill? earthquake looks always good on slams and groundslam got a big buff. i don't really know, the more important thing will be to collect enough attackspeed and ehp to get a smooth build.
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2024, 6:56:14 AM
"
Intimidating Cry gives 36% movementspeed

This will be nice going through acts, but I think Intimidating Cry only exerting 2 attacks means we want the lowest Cooldown possible. Linking Intimidating Cry to the new Autoexertion for 30% cooldown recovery is better.

"
last thing, what skill? earthquake looks always good on slams and groundslam got a big buff. i don't really know, the more important thing will be to collect enough attackspeed and ehp to get a smooth build.

I'm thinking Volcanic Fissure of Snaking. Any slams that convert physical to fire got a lot of love with Infernal Cry's 50% extra phys as fire. I'm going to run Determ, Herald of Purity, and 15% Autoexertion.

The new Battlemage's Warcry gives chieftain the ability to crit cap slams now, letting us properly scale into the end game without strength stacking, I hope.

I think you either go Crit Cap or you go an Ignite Slam Dot multi scaling.

Earthshatter might still be the better slam, but I just love Volcanic Fissure.
"
rechetking wrote:
"
Intimidating Cry gives 36% movementspeed

This will be nice going through acts, but I think Intimidating Cry only exerting 2 attacks means we want the lowest Cooldown possible. Linking Intimidating Cry to the new Autoexertion for 30% cooldown recovery is better.

I think i will autoexert battlemage cry because of no crit and maybe seismic cry on top to have maximum 2-3 piano cries. Fist of War has a 1.8 cooldown which is fixed, so for 3 slams you have 5 seconds and that is the goal you want to have the war cry cdr at. 100% cdr reduction is easy to reach with 40% on quality, so 4 seconds sound perfect to me. in fact this is not even a piano because on mapping you only need intimidating and seismic cry. infernal cry and rallying cry are options for harder content and bosses. Maybe enduring cry because of crazy regen in longer boss fights.

"
I think i will autoexert battlemage cry

Why Battlemage Cry? Just to have more exerts on attacks or are you using a spell with it?

"
in fact this is not even a piano because on mapping you only need intimidating and seismic cry.

This is my favorite part about the changes.
"
I think i will autoexert battlemage cry because of no crit and maybe seismic cry on top to have maximum 2-3 piano cries.

what will you pick for piano cries:

defensive:
* enduring cry
* ancestral cry

offensive:
* rallying cry
* infernal cry (for the VFOS slammers)

Also with 2 Autoexertion, that's 30% reservation baseline. What auras are you gonna run and what reservation nodes would you get?
I feel like this is the league I'm gonna oneshot shit with piano warcires into big tectonic slam of cataclysm, possibly echoes of creation.

IDK if chieftain would be the best pick for this vs jugg (big tanky and easy endurance charges).
"
IDK if chieftain would be the best pick for this vs jugg (big tanky and easy endurance charges).

When it comes to single big hits Chieftain and the new max power warcry nodes should be better.

Infernal cry - 50% phys as extra fire
Rallying cry - 36% more attack damage from weapons

These two alone are massive scaling, but the real icing on the cake is that chieftain can now crit cap easily.

Battlemage's cry - +5% flat crit chance

Furthermore, if it's about scaling a tectonic slam of cataclysm, you can get all your endurance charges from enduring cry.
Im thinking volcanic fissure or tectonic slam atm.
Hi Guys,

Wanted to share a POB for this idea, which I guess, can be named The Crying Chief Slammer.

https://pobb.in/X--5nrcOlHrR

It includes several progression trees from lvl1 to 100. I wanted to check if this is a viable tree. If it is, then up next is finish the gear (levelling, midgame and endgame) + skills.

I'm no build crafter so good chance these trees are ass. If not, feel free to add gear and skills and reshare so the community can keep building on this.
I'll continue on this pob during the day here and there and share progress.
IDK if this fits into this thread since this one doesn't really make use of most of warcries.

Chieftain + New max power node(Sione, Sun's Roar) + General's Cry + Tectonic Slam.

This build was already good and just got better with the new chieftain node since you don't even need to spawn corpses to reach max power. No Cyclone = faster overall. No downtime of attacking. Huge clear area. You just run and everything melts.

With chieftain you can get 90 resists + Endurance charges.

I am yet to find what can go wrong.
Last edited by arteqt on Jul 22, 2024, 7:45:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info