3.25. short list of melee nerfs (and few buffs) teaser and announcement didnt want you to know

I don't agree with sid often, in fact i don't even need a full hand to count the times it happened, and it's not like i agree with every point... but in the grand scheme of things i have to agree with him here.

People freak out about this being some great buff to melee but the rude awakening won't take long. The increased mana cost and lack of attack speed scaling will have massive impact on how good melee feels to play. Even if we were to say it's better now numbers wise, and i don't think that's the case all things considered, the feel is going to be junk.
There are also tons of defensive nerfs most of which aren't even mentioned here which are going to hurt melee more than anyone else. Phys taken as, Defiance of Destiny, Eternal Damnation, Mahuxotls machination, Champ and Zerker losing their stun immunity etc.

It's great that we are freed from totems and i guess people who didn't know how to scale their builds besides equipping a weapon and who like spending 2 seconds per attack animation might end up liking the new "melee" but for the rest of us?

I don't think melee is dead or anything, it was fine before and it's going to be fine after this but i just don't get GGG. Was it really necessary to counterbalance a simple QoL change that was like a decade overdue by throwing a bunch of nerfs at it? When it's already the least played archetype in the game? Are they really so afraid people might end up playing melee in droves for one league? Why is that so bad when bows and spells are allowed to reign supreme for year after year?
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Jul 20, 2024, 6:16:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info