3.25. short list of melee nerfs (and few buffs) teaser and announcement didnt want you to know

"

Melee will be the only archetype that WONT die to phys damage. Endurance charges? More armor? Stop playing abyssus berserker?

You have to be kiddin, right? lol
"
"

Melee will be the only archetype that WONT die to phys damage. Endurance charges? More armor? Stop playing abyssus berserker?

Although Warden looks like it's has the DPS it lost pretty much all defense. No Easy SS, No Phasing, No easy 100% Ailment Immune. I might actually pull out Slayer for this league.

Decent base. Still has 10% Reduction easy leech and Frenzy + Endurance charges.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
my napkin math is that if you had an optimal melee setup before, you lost some things and gained some others. Say if you had an absolutely perfect burst setup with totems/warcries/banner/blessing and focus you probably lost like 40% damage (mostly to losing divine blessing).

But if you played without totems/berserk than you will probably see a 50% increase.

The big benefit now is that melee is a lot more reliable. Even with having to plant a banner every like 15 seconds or so, the banner doesn't die, its effects linger for 3 seconds.

Losing the attack speed and the mana increases hurt a lot. Losing added damage might nullify a lot of the huge damage effectiveness. But even so the average like 3-4 divine build is going to hit a lot harder.

I wish suppression wasn't as good as it is. I wish max res was enough of a defensive layer.

The 12% from 3 endurance charges is going to change the defense meta somewhat, but jugg and champ got hit hard. It is going to be hard to find a better chest than cloak of flame or lightning coil. Feels almost mandatory.
Last edited by roundishcap on Jul 19, 2024, 9:36:05 PM
"
Xzorn wrote:
"
"

Although Warden looks like it's has the DPS it lost pretty much all defense. No Easy SS, No Phasing, No easy 100% Ailment Immune. I might actually pull out Slayer for this league.

Decent base. Still has 10% Reduction easy leech and Frenzy + Endurance charges.

Ailment immunity is pretty straightforward for right side. If it isn't purity of elements, it's ancestral vision + capped suppress + loathing boots with thick skin wheel, or ailment avoidance implicit.

There's also just the standard setup of deafening torment (shock avoid) boots + ailment avoidance implicit + thick skin wheel + stormshroud if you don't roll capped suppress.

Phasing might not be necessary if you whirling blades everywhere, and withering step gives it as well.

Could also try to go with the borkskin route, but that seems like such a meme.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

Ailment immunity is pretty straightforward for right side. If it isn't purity of elements, it's ancestral vision + capped suppress + loathing boots with thick skin wheel, or ailment avoidance implicit.

There's also just the standard setup of deafening torment (shock avoid) boots + ailment avoidance implicit + thick skin wheel + stormshroud if you don't roll capped suppress.

Phasing might not be necessary if you whirling blades everywhere, and withering step gives it as well.

Could also try to go with the borkskin route, but that seems like such a meme.

If it were actually that much I wouldn't have really mention it.

All you needed was Shaper Boots and 15% from anything else.

Agree on Bork Skin which is why I mentioned the others. Raider saved so many points and affix rolls with those perks you could further invest in defense, movement, dps, whatever.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
"
alhazred70 wrote:

careful parroting streamers gonna get Pash in here.

Hi, sup?

There's a big key difference here.
We have the people that already knew that melee was fine before the big change without the input of any streamer or side statements like "it's bad" source: trust my senpai streamer daddy bro and on the other hand we have a few people with the cooked mindset to spread false information based on something they've picked up from their favorite streamer without considering the fact that most of their statements are based around competitive race play or the measurement of who has the biggest cockroach for div/h.
Doing some quick math is something everyone can do without the help of a streamer or any based confirmation statement of them.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 19, 2024, 11:57:36 PM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PeppyPowerfulWalrusNerfBlueBlaster-_qfmzLugk_g6eFau

Your trying to do bleed

LMAO

with EQ dude cmon.

Interesting edit, almost suspiciously so.

https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidSmallAlmondBatChest-s_wBk2KjfLuWAx0F

"don't get me wrong 4mil bleed is going to be a vibe to map on"

The thing is people who play trade meta think you need 50million dmg. And they laugh their snearing Leo DiCaprio Dejango unchained laugh at anything less. Which as I said is to be expected.

Problem is trying to talk about the game on the same forum as people who just follow pre solved gameplans and snear at anything that isn't a can't lose busted meta build. People with "trivialize the game and do no mechanics" as a baseline standard who then look down on anyone who isn't also following that mentality.

Mock all you want, most people see it for what it is I'd wager.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
you have fun with ur baby bleed or something unless you do a massive hit as he said.

Three stack of poisons going to do more.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 20, 2024, 12:40:56 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

careful parroting streamers gonna get Pash in here.

Hi, sup?

There's a big key difference here.
We have the people that already knew that melee was fine before the big change without the input of any streamer or side statements like "it's bad" source: trust my senpai streamer daddy bro and on the other hand we have a few people with the cooked mindset to spread false information based on something they've picked up from their favorite streamer without considering the fact that most of their statements are based around competitive race play or the measurement of who has the biggest cockroach for div/h.
Doing some quick math is something everyone can do without the help of a streamer or any based confirmation statement of them.

I mean you posted the same "parroting streamers" post like 3 times in a couple days it was just an off the cuff remark.
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
you have fun with ur baby bleed or something unless you do a massive hit as he said.

Three stack of poisons going to do more.

Yeah honestly lots of things will do more. Thats true of literally all but 1 build in the game at any given time.

No one who regularly plays melee does it for the number bigger = I'm bigger aspect of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info