Are you a fan of the sword Oni-Goroshi? -- 06/09/24: Fun new review of Blackcloak on Goodreads

:) Good job, Exile :) (Or is that ex-exile? ;) )

And yes, Lolozori's artwork is brilliant :)
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Congrats!
"
Apparently so do I, because I just published my second book.

You do, my friend, you do.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Apparently so do I, because I just published my second book.

You do, my friend, you do.

I am finding quite the niche in the indie author scene on Facebook being a more earnest version of what I was here, so....yknow, I believe it.

Sorry to be needy but Im currently hospitalised (crohns flare) and my launch was kinda fucked by it...did you read TSJ? I am so proud of GH. What it adds to Blackcloak. How much it advances my overall plans.

post sweet nothings at me. In return I will get that CE BC locked in and fiiiinally write some shit in a few books for you.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Just got back from holidays 3 days ago, I will be working my way through TSJ now that work crap is straightened out ( to be fair, my staff did a great job while I was gone)

Edit: I do hope you feel better soon!
Edit #2: Yes GH adds A LOT to the storyline, like A LOT.
Last edited by DoubleU on Aug 17, 2024, 8:56:04 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:
Just got back from holidays 3 days ago, I will be working my way through TSJ now that work crap is straightened out ( to be fair, my staff did a great job while I was gone)

Edit: I do hope you feel better soon!
Edit #2: Yes GH adds A LOT to the storyline, like A LOT.

Just got home last night, getting into the swing of things. I have so much positive energy on Facebook now, it's kinda nuts. You have a rival for the position of superfan btw: one of my partner's friends has read BC 3 times and got things you didn't, or at least things we haven't discussed. But that's awesome, right? You got things she likely never will as well.

I also just got a very nice (and fair) review on Kirkus yesterday. I'll link it in the OP before too long.

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/w-james-chan/blackcloak-chan/

Messy but mesmerising is pretty fair. :)

For now, working through signed copies of GH and releasing it as an ebook (the TSJ omnibus you have is officially unique for now).

Okay back to it.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 21, 2024, 6:36:23 AM
A wee bit late to the party, but congratulations on your second book!

Which serves as a reminder that I have yet to get Blackcloak... let alone read it.

I will definitely get it though, as I genuinely want to know more about a certain sword and their companion. And if I find it to be interesting (and let's be honest, I most likely will), I'm gonna get Gildenhammer as well.

As a physical book for me. I want to be able to literally turn the pages, it wouldn't feel quite the same otherwise. Also, and this may sound weird, but I just love the smell of a new book.

So yeah, I'll get to getting those. Soon. Probably.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:

Which serves as a reminder that I have yet to get Blackcloak... let alone read it.

I will definitely get it though, as I genuinely want to know more about a certain sword and their companion. And if I find it to be interesting (and let's be honest, I most likely will), I'm gonna get Gildenhammer as well.

As a physical book for me. I want to be able to literally turn the pages, it wouldn't feel quite the same otherwise. Also, and this may sound weird, but I just love the smell of a new book.

Happy to sling you signed copies if ya want. A gift for years of forum entertainment.

And thank you! I have made a bit of a splash in the Facebook indie author scene but ugh Facebook.

Oni Goroshi is both a tiny flicker of the real character and, in a way, a throwback. She started as a talking sword back when I RPed as Charan but had to evolve into a full flesh and blood character to *really* fuck with him in his book. And his poor, poor sister in Book 2. And the rest of her world in the whole series.

That's when I knew, without a doubt, that these books aren't just me being a Marty Stu crapwriter: when it became clear my main character isn't the badass in a Blackcloak with a fiery katana, but the bitch wielding him.

The Adventures of Charan this is not. ;)
"
"
FCK42 wrote:

Happy to sling you signed copies if ya want. A gift for years of forum entertainment.

And thank you! I have made a bit of a splash in the Facebook indie author scene but ugh Facebook.

Oni Goroshi is both a tiny flicker of the real character and, in a way, a throwback. She started as a talking sword back when I RPed as Charan but had to evolve into a full flesh and blood character to *really* fuck with him in his book. And his poor, poor sister in Book 2. And the rest of her world in the whole series.

That's when I knew, without a doubt, that these books aren't just me being a Marty Stu crapwriter: when it became clear my main character isn't the badass in a Blackcloak with a fiery katana, but the bitch wielding him.

The Adventures of Charan this is not. ;)

A bit (a lot honestly) late on the reply as always, but I'd gladly take you up on that offer then. That's gonna be yet another book on the ever-growing pile of "things I really, REALLY should read, but haven't yet". Though I'm just gonna assume that this is a well-known problem.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:

A bit (a lot honestly) late on the reply as always, but I'd gladly take you up on that offer then. That's gonna be yet another book on the ever-growing pile of "things I really, REALLY should read, but haven't yet". Though I'm just gonna assume that this is a well-known problem.

Anyone who reads has a pile of "to-read" :)
Charan's books are well worth the read(s).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info