why GGG change vision/philosophy? poe1 will die for poe2?

"
ArtCrusade wrote:

You can't eat your cake and have it too. Obviously there will be less attention on PoE1 while they're cooking up the next evolution in ARPG design.

Apparently GGG can have their cake and eat it though.
https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxSkh2qQHe1LM6AMqjvZTX9POq1sHoWKZS

They advertised it being a part of the main game, they asked for support to develop it as such, they spoke about community and not dividing it.

This is going to very much hurt PoE1 and they can't cry wolf later because they already on stage said why this was a bad idea, yet they are charging full steam into the thing they said would be bad for their game.

Absolutely shameful to take peoples money for years and then without any discussion just develop an entirely different product than what you were asking for money to fund the development of..

The last exilecon wasn't exciting for me... I heard the worst news that could have ever been dropped for the game, All of those years believing in GGG resulted in this outcome.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 13, 2024, 5:39:55 AM
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

You can't eat your cake and have it too. Obviously there will be less attention on PoE1 while they're cooking up the next evolution in ARPG design.

Apparently GGG can have their cake and eat it though.
https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxSkh2qQHe1LM6AMqjvZTX9POq1sHoWKZS

They advertised it being a part of the main game, they asked for support to develop it as such, they spoke about community and not dividing it.

This is going to very much hurt PoE1 and they can't cry wolf later because they already on stage said why this was a bad idea, yet they are charging full steam into the thing they said would be bad for their game.

Absolutely shameful to take peoples money for years and then without any discussion just develop an entirely different product than what you were asking for money to fund the development of..

The last exilecon wasn't exciting for me... I heard the worst news that could have ever been dropped for the game, All of those years believing in GGG resulted in this outcome.

Always quick to cast shame... plans change, man. They said they didn't want to release PoE2 barebones as just a campaign without extra content. But they also saw that the community already was divided on PoE2. They are now releasing PoE2 as a standalone but with a lot of the good content from PoE1 as they found a model they can operate on. It's smart.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Always quick to cast shame... plans change, man. They said they didn't want to release PoE2 barebones as just a campaign without extra content. But they also saw that the community already was divided on PoE2. They are now releasing PoE2 as a standalone but with a lot of the good content from PoE1 as they found a model they can operate on. It's smart.

I'm sure someone thought the horse armor in oblivion was a great idea too.

I regret supporting GGG to see this outcome, I don't regret buying that horse armor, The elder scrolls is still playable.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 13, 2024, 3:16:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info