is GGG ever ban scammers and check ingame reports or take it seriously?

"
Hard to scam with a real trade system.

Where is the Auction House and why are we as players still forced to use this archaic web based trade system where you have to spam 20 people to get the item you want?

Asking for a friend.

Because that's what GGG wants.

They want price fixer
They want annoying trade full of afk/fake price
They want scam to be a thing
They want TFT existing
They want D2jsp

Because Chris Wilson is stuck in 2000 thinking poe is diablo 2 and want that to continue.

Go read the trade manifesto and every post they made talking about the trade in poe, if it's awfull and flawed, it's by design, they WANT IT.
"
Domah wrote:

Because Chris Wilson is stuck in 2000 thinking poe is diablo 2 and want that to continue.

I would love to watch a livestream of Chris Wilson using trade midway through a league to buy a variety of basic gear (1-5c rare gear with some specific stats, normal things for a build), change currency, and maybe some crafting items.

I would love to watch him explain live, as he messages the 15th person, that this is both fun and good for the game.

(And no, suggesting to skip the first 5 dont work on gear, because you are looking for specific stats.)
"
trixxar wrote:

(And no, suggesting to skip the first 5 dont work on gear, because you are looking for specific stats.)
it doesnt? are you looking for 6 mod items or what. just put the stats that are 100% mandatory and message someone selling it for 50c instead of 5c
"
jewdas12 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

it doesnt? are you looking for 6 mod items or what. just put the stats that are 100% mandatory and message someone selling it for 50c instead of 5c

Ah so pay 1000% over asking and the system works?

This is a totally reasonable suggestion and I appreciate your time and expertise.

(Ok, Ill bite and clarify. It still doesnt work. The reason it doesnt work is that trade is not limited solely by people looking to scrap out every last chaos.

If you search for, say, 4 mods, and want a reasonable but not crazy roll, out of 20 items you will find
5 who are not trading anymore just because their builds do not need any more money
5 who are afk
3 who are doing content they dont want to stop
3 who are price fixing (Im lowballing, for certain rolls its 50%, for some near zero, Im guessing 15% average here)
3 who dont respond for other reasons
1 who MIGHT trade)

Im guessing at motivation. By mid league, I would say its more like 15/20 who just dont need your money.

Anyway, out of those 20 people, more money would not even impact you success rate.)
Last edited by trixxar on Jan 29, 2024, 4:12:52 AM
"
trixxar wrote:
"
jewdas12 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

Ah so pay 1000% over asking and the system works?

This is a totally reasonable suggestion and I appreciate your time and expertise.

(Ok, Ill bite and clarify. It still doesnt work. The reason it doesnt work is that trade is not limited solely by people looking to scrap out every last chaos.

If you search for, say, 4 mods, and want a reasonable but not crazy roll, out of 20 items you will find
5 who are not trading anymore just because their builds do not need any more money
5 who are afk
3 who are doing content they dont want to stop
3 who are price fixing (Im lowballing, for certain rolls its 50%, for some near zero, Im guessing 15% average here)
3 who dont respond for other reasons
1 who MIGHT trade)

Im guessing at motivation. By mid league, I would say its more like 15/20 who just dont need your money.

Anyway, out of those 20 people, more money would not even impact you success rate.)
i know what you are getting at but fundamentally the problem is that these items you see and what to buy, are not available. the part where you are paying 1000% over asking price, you arent actually paying 1000% over asking price, you are just paying the price people are willing to trade for at this stage of the league. what could be an actual solution to this however, is to remove listings after a while, possibly dependent on the price its listed for (so a 1c item might be removed after a week, but a 100 div listing stays up indefinitely).

best easy trading trick is to list items by time and you will naturally close more trades. that means often paying 30c for items that are listed abundantly for 5c, but those arent really there (which is the real issue here)

which is exactly what you are saying here:
"
Well today I was gonna buy a jewel for 2 divine and I put 2 chaos instead of divine in the trade, i realized my mistake and put the 2 divine. He said he reported me because "it was definitely intentional"...but I didn't want to scam him. I'm kinda worried because is the first mistake I made in 2k hourse of gameplay and I like this game too much to be banned or something, especially after all the money I put in.
Should I be worried?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info