PSA: The servers are fine, it is your ISP's routing that is not

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
NOTHING in that thread is proof of anything other than lazy players too ready to just shout it's the servers fix it.
Not sure what "that thread" refers to but obviously your statement is wrong.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Some dribble about VPN being something GGG can implement (not a fix and not applicable in a lot of cases as more than a few start AT THE PLAYERS end
I have no idea what you are trying to say.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"

But I fully understand why GGG remains silent on the topic, there isn't much else to say other than people need to do their research and fix their shit. Hell, I have seen people rocking 10 years old hardware which you wouldn't find in office PC's these days and then they claim GGG or this games servers are at fault.

You guys keep bitching and gaslighting each other, I'll go and enjoy my rock solid connection. See you in-game, if you don't lag out! ;) hoho

It's always easier for the certain same crowd to just point their fingers towards the publisher instead of fixing the problems on their side. Luckily they don't really get to anything with all the pointless cry topics since there's nothing to be fixed on GGGs side. Weirdly enough people with a proper pc and a proper connection routing don't encounter any problems at all. Hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jan 17, 2024, 12:18:35 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
since there's nothing to be fixed on GGGs side.
Evidence suggests otherwise. Various problems are obviously GGG side failures. See for example: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480945/page/1#p25229215
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

NOTHING in that thread is proof of anything other than lazy players too ready to just shout it's the servers fix it.

Some dribble about VPN being something GGG can implement (not a fix and not applicable in a lot of cases as more than a few start AT THE PLAYERS end

why would people be loosing their map portals if the problem isnt on the game server side? when i get booted out of game, i reload in and all my map portals are gone and my loot is rolled back, how is that anything to do with my connection to the server? surely if the server is fine the server still has my map open and has kept track of my loot so when i reconnect to it they should still be there?
I started playing this game a looong time ago and this has happened many times. It's always our fault, but i never had any issues of this kind with any other games, including arpgs or mmos, why?, surely it's a coincidence? it seems to me that other companies are paying for a dedicated server/infrastructure or whatever i'm not an expert, and GGG or Tencent is getting away without paying whatever it is, but there's no issues with LoL for some reason wich is owned by Tencent.

Then, some day, everything is magically fixed after a patch, and as i said, this has happened many many times. But hey, it's thousands of peoples fault, there's no way there's something wrong...

Please fix it, it's literally unplayable.
ofc its a me problem. also not using rest of my 7 cpu cores since cricible is a me problem too because why did i bought 8 of them, am i rite?
"
WaywornExile wrote:
One of the biggest frustrations to arise from these rampant EU issues is the loss of portals/zones. It happening all the time, more than it ever has before.

Can you explain why--after being in a map for two, three, four minutes--a DC would lead to all remaining map portals disappearing? Isn't that a server-side thing?

Yes it is.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
In my opinion , it's a combination of both , ISP routing and the gateways , doing a poor job at handling large number of players. During night , when the gateways and the ISP are not overloaded , due to most people sleeping at those hours , the lag is non existent .If , only my ISP is at fault for having high latency during daytime , i should experience some form of lag in other applications as well . But i don't .
only lagging in poe while every other game is perfectly fine

lagging on every single eu server in poe

must be my isp

Yes, It's totaly my ISP while standing in my HO ping is always 40 and it starts ramping up to 300 400 when entering map. and jump to to roof 5k 10k top if I open strongbox or abyss. It must be my ISP know I'm busy god creating monsters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info