3.25 Torstein's GodSlayer - Molten Strike - 100 mil DPS tanky destroyer

Interested to know how this build survived 3.25 patch notes
Pro's and cons and any changes that may come to it?
didnt extensively read the patchnotes yet, but here is what caught my eye

positiv:
- ms dmg effectiveness
- claw crit buffed
- rage/berserk rework (might be negativ, didnt math it out)
- higher life rolls on rare items

negativ:
- phys taken as nerfs (taste of hate, helmet craft, body armor craft, lethal pride, watchers eye)
- defiance of destiny 50% nerf
- changed intimidate mastery from attack to rage mastery
- lost ancestral protector (or is this a posistiv?)

thoughts:
- higher claw crit might make it possible to change overwhelm to another ascendency skill
- cloak of flame/lighnting coil are kinda mandatory now with the phys taken as nerfs on all other sources
- eternal damnation might be better than defiance of destiny?
- endurance charges are kinda insane now. The only viable generation of those on bosses i can think of is warlords mark quality, which would mean losing snipers mark.
- new source of intimidate is either tombfist, lethal pride or somehow getting a rage cluster, but those are all to the left on the tree
Last edited by __FEL__ on Jul 19, 2024, 2:38:44 AM
Yeah, I'm curious to know what to pick instead of overwhelm?

If we run Eternal Damnation, we can't gain endurance charges with the new fix?

"The Eternal Damnation Unique Amulet now has Cannot gain Endurance Charges, and Cannot gain Power Charges."

I hope they sort something else out for Phys taken as x, because most builds now are going to be LC or CoF, which is lame.

Wonder if it's worthwhile pathing to the new Vengeance cluster for rage investment.
it still works, end charges are now our defenses. we lose berserk but with the rage rework its bait, since you cant sustain it if you arent near rage clusters.
compared to last league the early numbers are much higher (dmg and defense max hits) and later on are only slightly better. progression should be much smoother now.

leaguestart pob lvl 91:
https://pobb.in/EUGLDkGpZoVN
end charge sustain with annoint "smashing strikes"

cheap endgame pob lvl 96:
https://pobb.in/BEFOt_faDocv
end charge sustain with annoint "smashing strikes"

expensive endgame pob lvl 100:
https://pobb.in/Xkbdqb3k2Jtc
end charge sustain with ralakeshs like everyone lol

edit: changed annoint in the expensive endgame to "smashing strikes" instead of additional frenzy, since we need a way to generate brutal charges
Last edited by __FEL__ on Jul 24, 2024, 1:02:33 AM
^^
Big thanks to FEL for updating the build which was not easy.
I will update the main page before the league start.
Much appreciated as always! 🙌😁
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jul 24, 2024, 2:43:51 AM
Is intimidate that important? 10% increased doesn’t seem like much for that investment to grab rage
"
blizaro wrote:
Is intimidate that important? 10% increased doesn’t seem like much for that investment to grab rage

saying intimidate is only 10% increased damage is not really true, since it causes the affected target to take 10% increased attack damage. meaning its a more multiplier and not comparable to a 10% inc dmg node on the tree.

rage is not going to be same as last league, the rework makes it fall off extremeley rapidly after not hitting stuff for 2 seconds!

before patch: lose 1 Rage every 0.5 seconds
after patch: lose 10 Rage every 1 second

the ragegeneration is dependant on how many ragesources you have, you gain rage every 0.5 second while hitting:

1x source = 15 seconds to get full 30 stacks of rage
2x source = 7.5 seconds to get full 30 stacks of rage
3x source = 5 seconds to get full 30 stacks of rage
4x source = 3.75 seconds to get full 30 stacks of rage
etc.

when there is only 1 source its kinda disingenuous to assume we are going to have high rage during bosses with phases, we cant even do the shenaningangs alot of ppl go for with generals cry, since you need the rage and warcry masteries for it.

in the end this needs actual gameplay testing on how rage feels. since the gear here is kinda flexible we can get rage and intimidate on tombfists but also on lethal pride. for mapping atleast we gain a huge benefit, if we get atleast 1 source of ragegeneration somewhere.

tldr: in the end its a decision between reliable 10% more dmg, or unrealiable 30% more dmg
Last edited by __FEL__ on Jul 25, 2024, 2:57:19 AM
Thanks FEL for the build update, I was going to play this build for 3.25, your update definitely makes me even more hyped about it :D

About Tombfist gloves, wouldn't it be better in endgame to allocates a +30 strength notable, and apply a "Melee Hits Fortify" tattoo?
I never used tattoos but I'm pretty sure this one is still in the game, right?

So you can get Rage and Intimidate from Lethal Pride, and get Fortify from tattoo, making the Tombfist gloves completely useless, and allowing to have a better rare pair of Warlord gloves for +1 Frenzy and life/res/atk speed?

edit: guess attribute tattoos are not in core game, got baited by PoB
Champion's Fortitude ascendancy from Forbidden jewels then?
Last edited by Axelde on Jul 26, 2024, 8:00:17 AM
"
Axelde wrote:
Thanks FEL for the build update, I was going to play this build for 3.25, your update definitely makes me even more hyped about it :D

About Tombfist gloves, wouldn't it be better in endgame to allocates a +30 strength notable, and apply a "Melee Hits Fortify" tattoo?

So you can get Rage and Intimidate from Lethal Pride, and get Fortify from tattoo, making the Tombfist gloves completely useless, and allowing to have a better rare pair of Warlord gloves for +1 Frenzy and life/res/atk speed?

Fortify tattoo is gone, that's the reason for gloves.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Tattoo
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jul 26, 2024, 10:08:23 AM
"
"
Axelde wrote:

Fortify tattoo is gone, that's the reason for gloves.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Tattoo

Yeah I didn't play both leagues where tattoos got implemented, and where tattoos came back, so I got confused by PoB

Are Forbidden jewels an option in endgame, to get Fortitude ascendancy (perma 15 fortification) and open the gloves slot for a better crafted Warlord +1 frenzy gloves?
Or it's not worth it, considering you lose 2 jewel slots?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info