Insane Latency Spikes and Game Crashes since 3.23

"
PotaHari wrote:
It's the same problem as in the last league, and like the last league, GGG will just wait out the problem. As it stands now, GGG has an issue with some major carriers affecting the routing, for example, from Telekom to the Path of Exile service provider.

This is evident by the fact that the issues usually arise only during high network traffic times (between 7-12 PM) or can be bypassed with a VPN. Similarly, the issues don't occur when connecting to, for example, Washington because the routing doesn't go through Frankfurt, which is where the problem lies. I have tracked around 50 instances using WinMTR, and the problem occurs every time at the transition between the GGG service provider network and the Telekom network. Ultimately, this means that GGG simply hasn't purchased enough capacity at the peering point in Frankfurt for some major ISP service providers in Europe.

Therefore, the problem usually arises in the middle of the league or shortly after it starts and resolves towards the end. For the first two weeks, it seems they had sufficient capacity booked, then they expect the first drop in players, which didn't happen in this or the last league, possibly because these leagues were mostly praised. Towards the end of the league, player numbers naturally decrease, and the issues resolve themselves. Due to the overload at the peering point, the routing deteriorates and has to take alternative routes, resulting in lag spikes due to packet loss. It's unfortunate that GGG seems to disregard European customers of some of the largest ISPs.

The fact that they have been doing this for the second league now and show no signs of even acknowledging the issue doesn't give hope that this appalling business practice will end anytime soon. Time to move on.

Thank you mate !! seems like you nailed it. I tried to play with VPN and I went from 100-50000ms to stable 43 using VPN to france and connection via poe server in London. GGG should give you shout out for doing their job and saving their customers... really thank you I was thinking about quitting the game for good since this problem is persistent.
I crash when theres many people in a single place or when im in a party of people in a map , it freezes and crashes so is there any fix plz
"
Dostrah wrote:
its really bad. frankfurt servers

+1

The Frankfurt server is currently above 1000ms+ (I tried the other (closest EU) servers too, they're also terrible.) I have 3ms response time from my isp provider. (Just measured.)

Game is literally _unplayable_

FIX it please!
"
Hesparian wrote:
"
PotaHari wrote:
It's the same problem as in the last league, and like the last league, GGG will just wait out the problem. As it stands now, GGG has an issue with some major carriers affecting the routing, for example, from Telekom to the Path of Exile service provider.

This is evident by the fact that the issues usually arise only during high network traffic times (between 7-12 PM) or can be bypassed with a VPN. Similarly, the issues don't occur when connecting to, for example, Washington because the routing doesn't go through Frankfurt, which is where the problem lies. I have tracked around 50 instances using WinMTR, and the problem occurs every time at the transition between the GGG service provider network and the Telekom network. Ultimately, this means that GGG simply hasn't purchased enough capacity at the peering point in Frankfurt for some major ISP service providers in Europe.

Therefore, the problem usually arises in the middle of the league or shortly after it starts and resolves towards the end. For the first two weeks, it seems they had sufficient capacity booked, then they expect the first drop in players, which didn't happen in this or the last league, possibly because these leagues were mostly praised. Towards the end of the league, player numbers naturally decrease, and the issues resolve themselves. Due to the overload at the peering point, the routing deteriorates and has to take alternative routes, resulting in lag spikes due to packet loss. It's unfortunate that GGG seems to disregard European customers of some of the largest ISPs.

The fact that they have been doing this for the second league now and show no signs of even acknowledging the issue doesn't give hope that this appalling business practice will end anytime soon. Time to move on.

Thank you mate !! seems like you nailed it. I tried to play with VPN and I went from 100-50000ms to stable 43 using VPN to france and connection via poe server in London. GGG should give you shout out for doing their job and saving their customers... really thank you I was thinking about quitting the game for good since this problem is persistent.

I tried it, mozilla vpn, london server, auto gateway goes from frankfurt to london = no issues ingame.

Now the question is, do i want to pay for a vpn, which i basically
dont need :)
my friend just died multible times tx to lags even 3 min lag spikes / freezes
Same problem here. VERY bad latency, absolutly unplayable. None of the EU servers perform. PLZ ggg, fix it!
Bump. worse than ever tonight.

still no acknowledgement from ggg
I posted this some hours ago:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3509601

In that post I put some test I did with winMTR and the IP from each instance on a series of tries to get data about the problem.

It doesn't occurs every time and in my case seems independent of time of the day and is not my ISP. In the post I left 6 winTMR logs, 3 with the stable, nice ping that I can get from where I live and 3 with the shit, volatile and not stable at all ping that the latency problem creates.

The problem seems to be on their side and the lack of answer here and in all the other threads is sad and deliberate.
Unplayable for me via Frankfurt as well right now.

If it is a question of money, I would even pay for it, just make it work.

Switching to London actually solves it though.
Last edited by Jondolar88 on Apr 13, 2024, 12:04:55 PM
Same here, not playable last night. A real shame! Hope it gets fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info