3.22 Performance

Also having major performance issues lately. Tried playing today and it seems every 2-3 times I move the character I have a lag spike between 2-5 seconds. Number of monsters/projectiles on screen doesn't seem to make a difference.

Computer: Dell G3 laptop, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz (9th gen), 8gb RAM, GPU: Nvidia GeforceGTX, over 200GB HDD available space

Most Recent Internet Speed test: 269mbps. (download), 26 mbps. (upload)

Was running POE on min settings and framerate cap 23fps

I tried following the steps outlined in the troubleshooting, but after deleting cach files projectiles and monsters weren't appearing (currently reinstalling game)

Note: a year ago I was able to run the game on default settings while also in a Zoom meeting and browsing internet without issue.

Please help

Edit: Significant performance improvement after reinstalling, however lag spikes are still a problem. They seem to happen after initially loading a new area, and randomly every 30s to 5 min, with the same delay of 2-5 seconds.
Last edited by Bman2386 on Oct 15, 2023, 2:14:03 PM
"
Bman2386 wrote:
Also having major performance issues lately. Tried playing today and it seems every 2-3 times I move the character I have a lag spike between 2-5 seconds. Number of monsters/projectiles on screen doesn't seem to make a difference.

Computer: Dell G3 laptop, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz (9th gen), 8gb RAM, GPU: Nvidia GeforceGTX, over 200GB HDD available space

Hate to break it to you buddy but I don't even know how you can even still run this game... 8GB ram... I'm not even sure it is enough for todays PoE and as you've said yourself "200GB HDD available space", do you play PoE on HDD, not SSD? Loading times on HDD are much MUCH worse compared to SSD. No to mention the shaders that would be read from SSD and flushed into it faster. I also wonder what kind of GTX you have there.

Anyways, while you can't do much about your CPU and GPU, you can upgrade at least another 8GB RAM stick and some cheap'ish SSD. You should have less problems. Your random freezes/lags might be due to something happening with shaders and HDD (which is low to read or write). Or lack of memory/RAM, you should normally crash in this case of course. At least check how much memory is in use after like half an hour. I have a strong feeling it's gonna be close to your max, and that's bad.

GGG won't be able to do anything to skyrocket your performance, you are very handicapped on your hardware here.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 17, 2023, 6:56:49 AM
3.22 performance...

It's not fucking existent. Constant disconnections, ping spikes, portal losing.
The worst league so far(it was semi-fine at the start).
Guys believe me, it is NOT your rig. It is something they did lately which made the game unplayable or their servers are not sufficient enough (probably thanks to diablo 4 which made POE more famous) and it seems they don't care so I don't care either. There are other games to play
"
Uranosauros wrote:
Guys believe me, it is NOT your rig. It is something they did lately which made the game unplayable or their servers are not sufficient enough (probably thanks to diablo 4 which made POE more famous) and it seems they don't care so I don't care either. There are other games to play

They implemented the poe2 engine which is meant to be slowed down with low mob density.

"
valarias wrote:
"
Uranosauros wrote:

They implemented the poe2 engine which is meant to be slowed down with low mob density.

To be more precise PoE 2 particle system, and... it didn't do well...
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Its completely unplayable below 9gb ram (game itself eats about 5-6 gb of ram but there are other nessecery things to run at the same time) i had 8 and after upgrade by 4 gb it seems fine before had constant crashes somtimes memory related error somtimes no error at all game just shut down. 100% spikes in CPU occurs somtimes tho.
Last edited by d4rki30 on Oct 19, 2023, 6:54:37 AM
The current game state is so fucked, even lootfilter stops working after another crash/disconnect.

CAN WE GO DEEPER? EH? kekW

The last one is in a boss room in the Sanctum. There aren't even many particles flying around in those fights, so what could be causing this sort of spiking?

Makes it impossible to enjoy a game mechanic where responsiveness is critical to survival
"
alt01dz wrote:

The last one is in a boss room in the Sanctum. There aren't even many particles flying around in those fights, so what could be causing this sort of spiking?

Makes it impossible to enjoy a game mechanic where responsiveness is critical to survival

It starts loading a bunch of shaders during the boss fight, also near the end, and from my experience I think it is poor optimization, and unfavorable loading times those shaders should've already been processed during the fight.

"
Its completely unplayable below 9gb ram (game itself eats about 5-6 gb of ram but there are other nessecery things to run at the same time) i had 8 and after upgrade by 4 gb it seems fine before had constant crashes somtimes memory related error somtimes no error at all game just shut down. 100% spikes in CPU occurs somtimes tho.

This is just completely false as I have 32 GB ram, and the game crashes randomly I also get big lag spikes or freezes if it won't crash which it usually will.
Hello guys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info