So poe 2 is basically ruthless with gold?

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i skipped that event...how was it? was it too tedious? i'm glad that there will be 2 games and i can just stay here on poe 1 if i dont want the turtle speed playstyle.

I got to 45 in the event and stopped. It was not particularly fun, especially since it was all voided. The gold aspect of it felt forced and unnatural to me. I can give that part of it a pass since the game wasn't really designed around gold in the first place.

But it was still Ruthless at the core, and that has a very very low ceiling on fun for me.

yeah thats what i thought...and poe 2 seems to be the same way. people keep saying that it will get better later but i doubt it. there still wont be a crafting bench or movement skill later, right?
You must know they won't build 2 with ruthless mode as its core play because there are too few leather bound begging masochists to keep the game afloat if they do.

Run the casuals away and they would have to put even MORE emphasis on 1 just to keep 2 limping along enough for the hardcore sub crowd to play.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i skipped that event...how was it? was it too tedious? i'm glad that there will be 2 games and i can just stay here on poe 1 if i dont want the turtle speed playstyle.

I got to 45 in the event and stopped. It was not particularly fun, especially since it was all voided. The gold aspect of it felt forced and unnatural to me. I can give that part of it a pass since the game wasn't really designed around gold in the first place.

But it was still Ruthless at the core, and that has a very very low ceiling on fun for me.

yeah thats what i thought...and poe 2 seems to be the same way. people keep saying that it will get better later but i doubt it. there still wont be a crafting bench or movement skill later, right?

We have no clue. Anyone saying there will be NO movement skills is simply lying. As of NOW there was only leap slam, but this is not even a beta on a completely new game. We probably will have some form of movement skills, although I would bet they will be weaker than in POE 1.

Crafting bench gone can be interpreted in several levels. IF they do not want us to build items from scratch is completely different from removal of crafting as a whole.
All I want to be able to do is facetank a slam of every different boss and LIVE
Is that to much to ask
Why roll or dodge if you can stand there and just laugh at the monster for its futile attempt to damage you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info