Supporter icons under nicknames on comments are getting too many.

I am not a regular user of the poe forum, but ever since started playing the game i was checking official posts on the website. Everytime i read comments i need to scroll down like crazy, all due to those supporter icons that sometimes take up to an entire screen.

Maybe GGG can do something so that they are not that invasive? It really is uncomfortable and clunky, although we are all thankful to those users who support our favorite developer. Thank you guys.

Last bumped on Jul 30, 2023, 5:59:19 AM
You could directly ask those who entitled to show their special icon of appreciation.

I stop showing mine to you for now.
Stop Bombing
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Since the long rectangular one has a cap, i think icon should also need a cap. Otherwise there are 4 leagues a year plus core pack, the list of icons will grow in size quickly
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
At least I took the effort to only leave the orange/yellow ones ;o)
people with that many icons are super rare though.,..so rare that i know exactly who the person in your post is, even though there is no name just the icons.

"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
people with that many icons are super rare though.,..so rare that i know exactly who the person in your post is, even though there is no name just the icons.

Yeah, I'm on here a good bit and like you said it's not too many people. I've always thought of people like Jerle as a five star general walking into a military party and his icons are all the awards on his overcoat. I think it's pretty cool to be able to show how much you've supported the game, and like leto2626 said you can always show just the ones you want, but there's no shame at all in showing them all, in fact I'm looking forward to completing my full five rows.

To get back to OP's point though, it is a hard one because, and this is unlikely, but maybe the only reason the person bought the pack was to display the icons in the forums, and then if they limit them, they may feel cheated since that was never stated for all the years they were supporting GGG.

I do think down the line it may get a little absurd when you add say 20 to 30 more packs, but the only two ways I can think off the top of my head they could do something about it without limiting supporters is to have them cycle through the supporter icons, like an animated Gif, or let people turn off the forum supporter icons as an option, but I really don't think they would do that.
Make them a bit smaller?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
at some point people just do it for trolling.. like who legit cares how many thousands of dollars people put here?

if they make them smaller it would only make them space for more so it's not a solution either..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
The peeps with all the Supporter tags are the ones keeping the lights on. Just sayin.' ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Don't see a problem with this at all, its just another scrool-down for a second or two

When i see someone with 666+ pack-icons i'm usually "holy fk he has a ton of money and passion for the game, admired"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info