Crucible League Mechanic is a Miss

Crucible can be ignored... My guess is most people will end up doing that.

The new AN-style mods on mobs can't... They're a much bigger problem...

The base game was actually in a pretty good state in 3.20, apart from Sanctum (which could be ignored). Those new mods ruined it again...
"
Cyzax wrote:
Crucible can be ignored... My guess is most people will end up doing that.

The new AN-style mods on mobs can't... They're a much bigger problem...

The base game was actually in a pretty good state in 3.20, apart from Sanctum (which could be ignored). Those new mods ruined it again...

I find it hard to believe GGG actually play tested mapping with a typical new/leveling character setup. I've run into just insanely tanky 1-shot leeching or regening mobs many times in just the first week and didn't have this happen once all of last league.

I did my uber lab the first time and easily killed Izaro twice, just to get two shot stunlocked by a soul eater mob on my way to the final one.

Nobody liked AN rares before, no patch notes about it, and now it is snuck into being core with no way to disable it? Why?
I think it's safe to summarize this entire thread by stating:

What we like about 3.21 changes
- Chaos Orb stack sizes.

What we hate about 3.21 changes
- Everything else.
"If there's one thing that being on the internet since the dawn of time has taught me, it's that gamers are among the dumbest consumers, and will constantly buy something they don't like."
-jdp29
Last edited by Sarkonis7 on Apr 17, 2023, 3:16:25 PM
I actually like it /shrug

Rewards are there if you know how to craft. Not saying you guys don't but the potential here is amazing. Only crucible I RIPPED few times was on Mud Flats, after that I just kited them since there is no time limit. (I also believed you need to max it till i learned you don't... in maps lol...)

For me its a hit, no timer, good rewards, fun crafting experience.
crucible is good, definitely don't delete it because its not dropping currency.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Apr 17, 2023, 6:24:10 PM
Didn't even try to touch this league.

As if Rare Items on the ground haven't been bad enough for years now, they introduced another level of crap on top of it.
Now you have to find those 0.01% with decent affixes and on top of it, then you have to check those for the 0.01% chance with a good Crucible tree.

Means basically double the grind to get a good rare, since another crafting is necessary.
Since grinding has been made worthless to me, since the divine-exalt-swap, i usually give every league, that doesn't look fun to me a hard pass.

And my builds mainly used unique weapons, but as they left them out until late endgame...

Last edited by FrVolke on Apr 18, 2023, 12:15:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info