Crucible League Mechanic is a Miss

Difficulty = high
Rewards = low

Not ideal but simple fix for this league would be the ability to reroll the item skill tree otherwise i get crap my item is bricked, that's not fun, at least let me farm this crucible until I'm satisfied with my item.

Thats like the number 1 fix, then boost the rewards so they are proportional to the challenge or reduce the challenge to nothing as current rewards are worth nothing.
"
3.21.0b Patch Notes
- Crucible monsters now have much less damage reduction, except when channeled to maximum difficulty.
- Crucible monsters now have less life at all levels, most notably in Part 2 of the campaign, and in low-tier Maps. In addition, Crucible Bosses have had their life further reduced by roughly 20%.

GGG noticed that players were completely skipping the Crucible content, did they?

Being killed repeatedly to find that your low tier gear buffs are meaningless is a 100% incentive to not run the Crucible content. And a 20% life reduction to the bosses doesn't matter if they and their minions continually kill you with OP damage output long before you have been able to apply your own damage before running far away and kiting / luring away1 - 2 NPCs to kill.

The chance of rolling an item modification that's relevant to a build is low and thus the value of engaging in Crucible content is very low.

Programming RNG to weight item attribute buffs towards what the item is typically used for or the skills that a char is running could be helpful -- exploitable, yes.
"
"
yeknoms wrote:
"
Esubane wrote:
The mechanic itself would be alright, i mean it's cool that we get some bonus affixes for our weapons. And some of them are really good. New uniques, mastery shakeup, atlas tree improvements, overall a decent patch.

But the crucible mobs are hilariously overtuned and even at 25-50% chargeup are much tankier than anything else in a map. Which is silly, how many times we have to endure such bullshit on launch? This gives me throwbacks to 2-3 leagues ago and "new Beyond" where those Beyond monsters would have silly number of hitpoints and would eventually end up with a -66% HP nerf. As in, they had three times the intended amount of health to begin with.

It's incredible how every patch since 3.13/3.15 is the same overtuned / under-reward as a baseline.

It's like GGG is afraid of players enjoying the game at a reasonable pace and experimenting with builds for endgame. Seems like the casual and/or employed players without that much time to play are punished every time. I would be willing to support the game more if the game was willing to support players like me :/

I think it's more accurate to say that GGG tries to over-estimate the baseline difficulty of new content. It's far easier to release something extremely hard and make it easier and/or more rewarding later than it is to accidentally give players incredible power out of the gate which GGG then has to pull back.

I mean, there are STILL players angry about the nerfs to Harvest from its power during Harvest/Ritual leagues, and that was years ago at this point.

And, yet, GGG knows the builds people have been running and what they might likely run based upon their own game design and mechanics tweaks. Over estimating the NPC baseline damage output or tanks seems like a failure in understanding how such OP NPCs frustrate and drive even experienced players away from a new league.

Repeatedly, GGG inserts game content that is incredibly OP v. the host play through Act or Map level. Builds that are legitimately good, well-crafted and possibly at the cutting edge of the current meta are obliterated. Unless you are in the 1% of the player base who can grind out insane currency or in an elite team, top notch gear will also be 100% out of reach.
Honestly this league would have been cool with actual trees instead of this tiny extra random mod thing. If it gave you choices that would be something now it's just an extra mod on items that already have too many.
I would like the crucible mechanic a lot more if it wasnt just another layer of rng that can potentially ruin your items.
"
I would like the crucible mechanic a lot more if it wasnt just another layer of rng that can potentially ruin your items.

It can't ruin your items, you can scour the mods with orb of scouring and also completely remove the tree by doing a primeval remnant.

"
"

It can't ruin your items, you can scour the mods with orb of scouring and also completely remove the tree by doing a primeval remnant.

You might find that fun and interesting but I think a large portion of players finds it dull and frustrating. And the lack of drops from the mechanic makes it even more so.
The nerfs will continue until morale improves.
It's archnemesis all over again. A whole league drowned in it. People hated teh random offscreen oneshots and teh unkillable mobs. The league after seemed a little better than after an extralong development period they made this??? They pretty much rereleased what everyone hated and what made their least popular league ever? Just baffling. One would think that they have learned from it nut no. At least it is a little easier to skip and ignore...

TBH it was extremely suspicious when they refused to release the patch notes before they felt the need to explain the changes in video format.. If you need to wishwash something to make it look good it si probably not good. and it is NOT.
Last edited by Eshu on Apr 11, 2023, 2:37:56 PM
Crucible as a league mechanic... i don't know man, it feels as if it was supposed to be a part of a larger system. Where this tree on your weapon is a significant crafting system, but it's not the only thing the league has to offer.

Like Scourge (3.16) league for example. Ye it had the krangler to add a mod onto your item (along with a crippling downside, thus majority of players skipped this part). But you also had tainted currency, uber versions of existing league mechanics (legion emblems, breachstones, simulacrums) and scourged maps that produced what players are really after - loot explosions. Each rare mob dropping many expedition rerolls or simulacrum splinters - ye that was exciting.

This league has the krangler that's a bit improved... and nothing else. And you have to channel this for 10 seconds, it breaks map flow.

GGG, you need to patch this. And I don't know how you will. This league spent 4 months in development, we really expect something better.
Tried out the buffs/fixes, and this league mechanic is so hilariously bad I uninstalled again.

If you are going to remove content by nerfing items, builds, and content (skin, breach, abyss, summoners, and on), while having overtuned rares in the game, why are we only getting this pathetic joke of an overtuned wisdom scroll.

I really can't understand the decisions made in the last patches. Coupled with the lack of communication from GGG it's really saddening.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info