[3.25] ❄️ Icicle Mines Deadeye ❄️ Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

Anyone did try EoW plus nimis setup after jourgan (streamer with arcanist brand nimis EoW build) video we might use this interaction of EoW with other trigger skills -》like mines in our case
Last edited by madziar169 on Sep 2, 2023, 4:14:51 AM
Problem with EoW is that proj speed increses orb speed, so they split into projectiles far away, you need insane proj speed for this to reliably return. Build Jungroan plays mitigates that problem, by using arcanist brand, that puts a cap on how far EoW main orb trvels (line in arcanist brand description: Supported Skills have limited Projectile Range). It explodes very quickly, and then it is easy for all the projectiles to return and all multihit single target. EoW proj all can hit and shotgun, thers no limit, with icicle you have 2 hits per mine if you count return from nimis.

Someone mentioned PB requires dropping rathpith? nothing further from the truth, you need 30% recoup for 21/20 PB (40% * 75%). Nodes from tree + 6% on rare jewel fixes recoup, and you have 40% hit damage reduction with no downside. Just don't run reduced recovery maps, because they affect recoup.
If you want add progenesis flask, its multiplicative. So hit gets reduced by 25% first, and then by 40% from PB (21/20). So you get damage reduction of 55%, and dot with factoring in PB calcs requires 47.5% recoup to cancel.
Progenesis feels little better with more flask effect on pathfinder for instance, here we just get its base effect. Still worth considering.

As for other things, if you guys compare dps. Put whatever amount of mines average you have while spamming, set them as "active" in pob. So for example 15, test it in game what value of mines is displayed on buff list, while you throw + detonate continously. And in incicle mine section set it to 5 (assuming you use minefield and no swift assembly ofc because that changes things).

I changed my build, swapped boots, to +4 40% life belly of the beast, it is way more damage. With my old belt, before mageblood, stygian vise with 25% mine speed and 30% cold dmg, i was hovering around 80-100M in POB, not counting nimis 2nd hit, so total damage 200m.

Things worth doing is for example go for trigger weaopn, 4s trigger veiled mod, not 8s craft. It will cost you some dps, but ability to autocast mark and curse is amazing. Without it, you never have it up. Also to improve consistency, add cursed ground to curse.

After you get anomalous mine, for +2 proj, unspec them from ascendency and go for focal point. Mark will jump from trash to rares on packs as you clear, pretty cool. And no, you don't need more proj for clear, all you need is proj speed and nimis, even pierce isn't needed from my experience, clear is very fast.

Final thing is berserk, is it worth running or not. It is big opportunity cost to get the life regen needed for its good uptime. Gloves are expensive too if you want crit/frenzy charge. I personally opted for not using this, felt annoying to pay attention to rage. Mashing it with flasks blidnly doesnt really work too well, because you can turn it on when you have low rage, and it explires quickly then, you basically need to watch rage levels.

Last edited by aerial on Sep 2, 2023, 5:12:17 PM
Hello, where's to POB for the def version? Thanks!
I have an +4 belly in stash so i might use one, but is it rly more dmg if we lose pen from shorud ?
"
madziar169 wrote:
I have an +4 belly in stash so i might use one, but is it rly more dmg if we lose pen from shorud ?

You can use blessing with damage aura, you can't do that with march of the legion, because mines are aura and count as blessing.
With %reduced mana cost you can cast 50% aura with duration, it is good synergy, because as miner you need to have certain amount of unreserved mana anyway. That alone is ~30% more damage vs shroud setup.

Another upside of having mine on a 6L, is ability to gem swap. You can ditch one of the 30% damage supports, for something that adds to clear, like awakened fork. 2 forks means projectiles will split twice, so each turns into 4 and then they chain. This isn't needed for normal mapping, but for higher density maps, or simulacrum, such gemswap provides huge returns.
Last edited by aerial on Sep 3, 2023, 2:41:22 PM
I did pob out the +4 belly setup and i dont eaven have any blessing setup and it's more dmg on belly xd but also i can now have bleed avoid and some more choas res. For the blessing i think you need MB effeckt to have free aura

need to craft boots like yours
Last edited by madziar169 on Sep 3, 2023, 4:11:43 PM
mana flask with 29% reduced cost, i used to use ring with 5% reduced mana cost craft, it adds up quickly. ALso alt quality inspiration linked to aura. It used to cost ~150 mana if i remember correctly.

Also most efficient combo is hatred with crit watchers eye. If you miss enough crit chance so that watchers eye roll adds a lot, this will be very high bonus from aura+watchers eye. Just this mod is fairly expensive.

Btw thers another argument for not going rathpith route, because then you can use RF for spell bonus. With dissulution you can't use rf because fire damage will always reserve your life, can't counter it with regen. RF is over 40% more damage, depending on setup (quality/enhance).
So basically since there is no update on Eye Of Winter I had to pull things myself, its not perfect and I still could make couple of upgrades, but i cleared most of the game (except for ubers) and I think i'm kind of done. I'll leave the link here. DPS is hard to calculate, and I think it is more then it says based on how the bosses feel. Atziri, Shaper die/phase in 1 spell, maven, sirus and eater cast 2-3 things before deaths/phase.
P.s. Don't worry about the mana, there is a mistake somewhere and i can't seem to find it. Build has 120 mana for casting and a LOT of regen to sustain.

https://pobb.in/xra3HNfr14w5
Last edited by Vebsters on Sep 4, 2023, 3:26:27 AM
Bit stuck on where I go from here to improve and bit of a PoB noob so not sure how to figure it out, any advice? Seem to do pretty good with normal pinnacle bosses but haven't tried uber versions yet. Happy with the damage overall.

Don't die much on regular maps but farming vaal temples I do seem to get blown up a fair bit would love a way to mitigate that if possible. Got a fair few div I could spend.

https://pobb.in/LoN17zJImQ5u
"
BundyOP wrote:
Bit stuck on where I go from here to improve and bit of a PoB noob so not sure how to figure it out, any advice? Seem to do pretty good with normal pinnacle bosses but haven't tried uber versions yet. Happy with the damage overall.

Don't die much on regular maps but farming vaal temples I do seem to get blown up a fair bit would love a way to mitigate that if possible. Got a fair few div I could spend.

https://pobb.in/LoN17zJImQ5u

- you can buy abyssal jewels with fractured 12 % crit multi and harvest reforge life till t1 life or 30+ life + another good mod (... occasionally ex / annul depending on what else you hit)
- idk how much currency you have and make, but you may keep farming for a Mageblood too
- your boots have 20% movement speed, maybe you can get +7 or +8 boots with 30 (maybe live search)
- Nimis
Last edited by 99prosorc on Sep 4, 2023, 8:27:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info