The GPU device instance has been suspended

So I run a dual monitor. I found that it shows my video card listed twice in the settings, one for each monitor. I switched to my smaller monitor with a lesser resolution and it seemed to play fine. I unplugged the monitor to run off my bigger one with 2k resolution (3440x1440) and it seems to crash a lot with that. I switched to the smaller resolution and that seemed to fix it and have been stable.

I also turned off some of the settings mentioned in the previous comments like multithreading, turned off vsync and capped fps at 60. Hoping this helps some people.
i've just encountered this during Ziz Gauntlet.. not really ideal one would say..
also just built a new PV with 13600K, 4070Ti and 32g ddr5 ram so it should run everything flawless..
latest drivers and all that too..
crash and crash and crash. all i see in this leag is crash everywhere.

[D3D11] CreateBuffer: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action. (GetDeviceRemovedReason: The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because of an invalid command passed by the calling application.)
Been getting this a few times a day now, since Crucible leauge 3.21.
Didn't have this problem in 3.20 though... :(
Adding myself to the pile of victims of this crash. Would really like to play this league cause I'm having fun, but since this just started to happen to me a day or two ago it's making it very difficult to continue playing not knowing if I can even get through a map or two before the bug crashes my game.
Happening here as well, going to guess this is server side with session handling and the client can't deal with the gunk.
I'm having this issue as well, and have been for the last few leagues. I've tried all sorts of uninstalls/reinstalls of the client, graphic drivers, etc.

The crash unloads my gtx 1080ti, so I have to reboot.

This crash will typically happen within 5-10 minutes of loading into a character, and if it doesn't I can play for hours. If it crashes the only solution for me is to reboot and try again until it doesn't.

Normally it takes 3-5 tries to get a stable session, but today it just keeps crashing.
This is the same issue that the Vulkan users are reporting in the other thread titled: "vk::Device::waitForFences: ErrorDeviceLost".

And the Devs are being of no help as usual. Crash after crash after crash after crash. Only PoE, RTX 2060 super all drivers updated.
I'm another victim of these crashes and it's rly frustrating. I just came back to PoE after a couple of years, and I can't believe the current state that this game is in. When I last played, I think it was during the Breach Leagues, the game ran flawlessly and I could spend hours playing it. Now, with the repeated crashes I'm having, I can't enjoy playing it at all. It's a shame because some of the recent changes seem rly awesome, like the extra key stones and skill gems.

I understand that GGG is developing PoE 2 atm and a lot of their resources are being directed at that. However, the bugs causing repeated crashes on the base game atm are crippling my enjoyment. It'd be one thing if it were visual glitches, or some abilities didn't work the way they should, but at the moment it's difficult to enjoy any part of this game because of the repeated crashes.

To whom it may concern, please look into whatever is causing these crashes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info