Following up on Recent Feedback

Just bring Harvest back already. PoE is not an eSport, it's a for fun game, doesn't matter if we can craft our gear easier. Just means we get more good items overall and therefore can progress our characters more. Why is this a problem?
I like the eldritch currency changes. It's fun to craft with but the rarity makes it a pain.. I don't mind this replacing harvest.
"
We are also aware that there is a lot of disappointment around certain Harvest Crafts being removed. Previously, Harvest Crafting was balanced by how difficult it was to get the crafts that you want. Now that crafts are tradeable, Harvest's power was reduced to be more in line with other crafting methods. We understand that there is a call for us to bring those crafts back but it isn't really possible while allowing Harvest to remain tradeable.

While this isn't exactly what you want to hear, I can say that this issue was pushed very hard during discussions to see if any compromise could be made. Harvest's crafting potential without being gated by rarity is just too high.

Okay the main problem is that item generation is bad, and every other "crafting" method relies heavily on item generation, which is bad, making every other "crafting" method bad.

Harvest was fun and exciting because it didn't rely nearly has heavily on item generation and allowed us to fix up the items that are bad to make them good enough to use. Removing that is bad, and we need it back to make finding items feel good again.
I tried really hard to give this a chance.

Full spec Harvest atlas tree.
T13 map.
17 Total Life Force dropped.
And this is after 20 maps with no harvest even spawning.

Can't even get a resist change craft done. Ridiculous.

Your vision is fine. Your implementation is poor. Do better.
Lake chests are too unrewarding but you think the community is wrong.

Makes sense.

Harvest crafts being gone is fine but those crafts need to be made available somewhere in the game.

Eldritch currency seems cool but they can't do weapons and I get the feeling its going to be rare.

Giving us a rare tile more commonly isn't at all what people are wanting. Yes, that's cool but 50% more of something we never see isn't really that cool. We want the lake tiles in general to be more rewarding than maps.

If they aren't better then maps why would we waste time in 5-8 different maps adjusting tiles to make a tablet and if that tablet doesn't have the super rare tile it isn't worth running.

There's absolutely no joy in that.

I mean sure... but like couldnt you ahev a made the crafts people wanted t4 and costs more that the other t4's?
Why can't the top tier harvest crafts also cost exalts or divines in addition to life force to balance it if it's too hard to balance it with just life force?
"
We understand that there is a call for us to bring those crafts back but it isn't really possible while allowing Harvest to remain tradeable.

So make it like Expedition currency then, fuck tradability.

The majority of people I've seen that complained about Harvest over the years hated the way it interrupted the flow of the game more than anything else, since you had to sit there and plan out your crafting in the middle/at the end of the map instead of continuing on with playing.
as for the removed harvest crafts. Simply either add new rarer lifeforce that is needed for those crafts or add them to the sacred lifeforce. Make the new lifeforce just as rare as the crafts were in harvest. These numbers can be fine tuned over time. This gives more options for crafting even in SSF.

OR simply make it like expedition currency and untradeable. Have some aspects that are tradeable like the sacred lifeforce but the basic blue/purple/yellow untradable.
Last edited by xirik on Sep 1, 2022, 10:49:37 PM
Even if you do not restore reroll keep prefix/suffix Harvest needs some changes. Why would anyone ever use one of the reforge crafts without the more likely when a single fossil is a much better option? Example a reforge physical harvest craft only giving you 1 random physical mod and everything else random garbage is worse than just spamming a single resonator jagged fossil. How does this make any sense. The crafting in this game before this patch all blended together, and you could use the separate tools in the process of making one item. Now they are just discombobulated and senseless in a lot of ways. No one likes every aspect of everything in the game to be a slot machine. I know you guys hate all things deterministic but slanting the odds just a bit for a slightly better outcome with things like "more likely" does not break anything. There are not very many people having fun playing your game right now if you do not see the problem in this you will eventually, I promise. This is not a MOBA or some sweaty PvP game it does not need to be balanced like one. The point of ARPGs is to have fun and try to find ways to break the game. Its a power fantasy game and there is not a whole lot of power to be found at the moment. PLease try to keep the fun factor in mind when you are making changes. Everything does not have to be locked behind 12 layers of RNG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info