Tool-assisted Pantheon Mod Farming

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT EXPLOSION
game is crashing a lot since yesterday happened during trading, going to other people hideout and clicked to build a tower in a blight and crashed
"
This means they'd have to waste a lot of time hunting for false positives.

FALSE POSITIVES OPERATE IDENTICALLY TO FALSE HOPES!

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THOSE IN THE BACK!
(P.S. actual constructive feedback after the page break)
(EDIT: TL;DR there is a phrase you may be aware of called "managing expectations" well 3.19 is an example in managing consumer expectations into the ground.)

Replace the "malicious cheats" this quote references with "player expectations" & it doesn't matter, your player retention numbers will continue to decline as you shoot yourself in the foot.
At this time a player's expectations are more detrimental to your product then all other exterior forces, this circumstance created directly by your management or lack-thereof.

The systemic control by executives over the intellectual property has deprived a large portion of the player base their enjoyment, your philosophy consistently used as a strawman to justify these & other failings.

We expected better.
YOU. DID. NOT. DELIVER.
WE WASTED A LOT OF TIME HUNTING FOR THE POSITIVE PoE EXPERIENCE, & WERE DISAPPOINTED.

Third parties be damned, the consumers are the ones calling it quits saying the game is dead & YOU killed it.
Keep chasing ghosts, get distracted by squirrels, go after whatever villain you manufacture, blame falsehoods, & pass the buck.

So some actual constructive feedback here:

{PROBLEM #1} You flip-flopped on the ailment mitigation accessibility opinion on account of the harvest rework, ain't nobody got time for vaal/locus spam on jewels in 2022. (cept me on STD)

SOLUTION #1 Bring back harvest crafted Implicit jewel crafts ASAP & add them to the vivid pool of crafts.
Spoiler
This was a part of player expectations based on your philosophy & past implementations regarding ailment mitigations.

{PROBLEM #2} "The Sephirot" appears to still be drop restricted to the map bosses of Villa & Palace, it has no "Supporter attribution" on the (new) wiki but could be anon, yet has now taken a more important role in the game, exacerbating matters is one map is out of rotation.
Recent changes to map boss loot indicates a bias towards dropping unique items previously league restricted or various items as issued by eater/searing altars & atlas passive tree.
The overall design has no focus on such specifically attributed loot & as such made no attempt to integrate it further into the loot table elsewhere, or for arbitrary reasons came to the same end result.

SOLUTION #2 Add "The Sephirot" to the drop pool of t10+ map bosses + increase their prevalence or incidence from preexisting source(s).
Change 2 atlas passive points "Enriched Entities" & "Replicated Results" with the following changes:
Remove the 2nd line of EE and ADD it to RR ("map bosses have 20% chance to be duplicated if possible")
ADD to EE this line or something to this effect: "Double base chance for map bosses to drop Currency related Divination Cards"
Spoiler
If necessary for supporter reasons the existing chance for it to be found from Palace/Villa bosses can be cumulative or additive with the aforementioned changes.
I am not familiar with the particulars of its existing drop restriction due to the intentional vagueness that preserves the balance regarding loot, but with that said factors & circumstances beyond all control necessitate consequentially implementing a change to "The Sephirot" sources.
If necessary an Exalted Orb divination cards may be rotated in/out of the map boss drop pool league by league to maintain a drop parity & diversity between exalted orb and divine orb divination cards.
In regards to this change the expectations are formed from the change to league unique items being included to core drops & that much or all of the map locked base type items drops have all gone global.
This card got left behind when it should not have been left behind.

{PROBLEM #3} I heard rumors about big talk & opinions regarding "fewer clicks", however the harvest craft ["Sacrifice up to a full stack of div cards for that many random div cards"] was well positioned to supersede the craft ["Change a div card into another random div card"] in an ideal fashion.

SOLUTION #3 Replace the lesser craft with the more efficient craft giving great value to the div card "Imperial Legacy" & more opportunities to obtain "The Sephirot" that feel meaningful in the small details.
Spoiler
This builds upon or improves the foundations of your philosophy with the bare minimum of backing also it actually matches the design schematic for harvest implementation better then the lesser craft by an order of magnitude.

BUT OF COURSE {PROBLEM #3} brings us to {PROBLEM #4} You will say you can't on account of technical limitations to, I presume to say, the Harvest interactive UI in hideout & the way in which it dispenses loot, that is bullshit.

SOLUTION #4 Have harvest crafts that are tricky to implement such as #3 spawn a relevant remove only stash tab (in this case divination card stash tab) where it dumps your loot from the associated crafts returns, you may call this "Harvest Affinity" stash tab functionality.
Spoiler
This bypasses all issues regarding Horticrafting interactivity whilst in hideout (a no floor zone).
You absolutely have the total power to implement #4, thus enabling #3, based on your stash tab sale system functionality & the remove-only condition, if necessary you can have these spontaneously manifested stash-tabs be removed with the cache each league.
A variety of evidence supports this theory as viable, iirc it was mentioned in passing long ago as an alternative to the single slot interactive window dumping the loot on the floor.
Much of your feature-set MUST be overly qualified for this task at this stage due to affinities, now that the Horticrafting station is isolated to the hideout & can't possible go against your loot in map/inventory size/stash access principles, just a question of engineering the balance & the manhour cost of said engineering.

(EDIT2){PROBLEM #5} You sought a value equilibrium between Exalted Orbs and Divine Orbs, implemented sweeping change, & the market ignored you completely & did its own thing, flipping the table entirely.
BUT WAIT A GOD DAMNED MINUTE wasn't this game ages ago marketed to gamers as having a primarily player controlled in-game economy ANYWAY?
That's the problem, this was expected & you didn't see it coming.

SOLUTION #5 Third party review time MUST BE PRIORITIZED for testing purposes so that experienced speculators can provide accurate extrapolation of evolving market trends.
Spoiler
As I said any wise guesser could've seen this coming with a week notice even with small sample size of data, I'm not offering to participate in your alpha testing, I'm telling you to outsource your alpha testing entirely to us.
As it stands, your alpha test results are not indicative or reflective of the live practical applications for far too many reasons, leaving your Softcore League environment launch as a last ditch effort to catch issues in the first week of any league.
That is suicide considering Softcore leaguers are probably your main source of revenue, softcore league is probably your flagship gaming environment, your player retention charts are derived solely from that first week of softcore, & because trade is a primary mechanic of softcore.

{PROBLEM #6} You feel the need to try & hype up the PoE brand with competitions & prizes, & expand upon progression rewards for Softcore league, whilst rigging the field of play based on your own misconceived expectations of us, this knowing full well whos probable to win top prizes.
This narrative of competition has confused a great many, with this thread having numerous posts stating that this game either is or is not a competition or race of some sort.
This isn't your fault, the Esports industry has shitty regulatory practices leaving all particulars up to a Developer/Publisher legal team to spit out some ToS defining fair play, whos eligible, etc.

SOLUTION #6 FULL STOP, get some help, stop trying to hype up a niche genre to be more then it is, people buy MTX cosmetics? great. People complain there isn't enough free/reward cosmetics/goals? Just remind them nothing in life is truly free & no reward comes without a (great) cost, or that they weren't winning anyway.
Spoiler
Self-explanatory & enables a great deal of freedom to create without making every creation some sort of handout you provide to certain players solely for being way to immersed in the secret nuance of PoE.
Less micromanagement of variable term linear progression.

I may at a later date, or if a kind soul would care to, make a thread dedicated to listing this & whatever else I can come up with for fixing your various rolling catastrophes that sound reasonable to all parties, & aren't persistent calls to revert.
Because I know a developer/publisher of anything that reverts something doesn't exist, or doesn't exist long after.
Last edited by ArcanicFlame on Aug 27, 2022, 7:53:36 PM
Problem: People like our game, want skills changes for melee, complain about AN since its release.
Solution: nerf drops, boost AN damage and res, make goblin sysyem from diablo but poor

Honestly, people using this tool isnt even the problem
Funny, I didn't even know or care about this, but me and my mates can't make it past T10 maps cause literally nothing is dropping, and every other monster on the map is an Archenemies god monster who hits harder than most bosses.

Real improvement Chris, great work.
honestly i am looking forward too some people getting the hammer from exploiting something that was meant to be a positive thing for everyone else
So... players were using a tool that:

1. Didn't affect Gameplay

2. Didn't affect other players

3. Was helpful in determining if maps were worth running for chances at loot that YOU GUYS refuse to fix yourself?

And you're... happy about that? You say yourself that even having the ability to do this was risk vs reward heavy on its own which, in my opinion, kinda negates the idea of having to remove it at all. But you call it "Nefarious"? Really? I sincerely hope your smarter devs start looking for new jobs. You're not going to receive any financial backing in the future if you're going to keep doing things this ridiculous.
99% of the problems it's just we creating them, like this one.
Again, instead of.....sextupling? (can't even keep track at this point) down on archnem, for the love of god just scrap it and solve all these problems. There's a sliver of a chance still to save this league and bring a large portion of the player base that has bailed on it back. We get that that you've spent alot of development $ on it, but why can't you see your just throwing good money after bad at this point, how low do your retention rates have to actually get before you give in with this nonsense?
So I just checked and my character has a playtime of over 4 days and 7 hours.
I haven't gotten a single divine orb during this whole time.

The audacity to call our own experience with the loot reduction a "misconception" is just proof of how out of touch they are with their own game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info