Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
Raghin wrote:
~GGG~
Problem: Ward is niche

Solution: Slightly reduce cooldown and add new ward cooldown recovery

~Fact~
Problem: Ward doesn't let us invest into it from the tree or in any meaningful way outside of niche gear or Olroth's Resolve. Basetypes are standalone pieces.

Solution: Let us invest into ward from tree as an actual defense type instead of niche access. At least ward defense on jewels or clusters???

Personal Solution: Ward lasts x hits instead of bloody 1 hit wonder that could be removed from the tiniest sneeze of a weta.

It's legit still supporting the idea of THE BEST WAY TO NOT DIE IS TO NOT GET HIT OR KILL IT FIRST.

I like ward. I want to invest in ward. I don't want to lose an entire defensive layer every 1.45 (assuming all perfect rolls of 58%) - 4 seconds if a white mob looks at me the wrong way, or an enemy ball lightning hits me a single time out of x.

YES YES YES!
Confront those who dare obstruct the transmission of your information with swift rejection, for they sit silently obsessing over your submission.
i can only hope you've heard me GGG, those wand base types :D
Innocence forgives you
"
Ordack wrote:
He hadn't played for a long time because of his bad decisions.

I recently went back, and saw that they were still doing the same thing, but I was hoping that something would change for the better in the next league.

They definitely don't want to make this game fun, I can't deal with this anymore.

Actually, if I think about it, the nerfs are good, I know that I will not waste any more time with you looking at the forum in case the game improves, which will not happen.

They have turned PoE into a job for masochists.

This. So much is wrong here. Being a poe gamer is basically like being a smoker. A drug we do not because it's fun, but out of habit, at best, addiction at worst.

And this on top of the deeper problem of charging full game prices for an armor skin. I'ma play Hades until something better comes along.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Minion Slam so bee it

I'm not really understanding these changes? i really hope they make sense when the full announcement comes. BUT from what i see with these changes i'm just going to invest barely enough to no be 1 shot by bosses and just go balls to the wall damage. Nothing in this manifesto made me think "hmm i think i will spend an extra point into res." I think a decent change to encourage more investment into defense would be to make masteries require a full cluster and buff masteries by 10-40% for the amount of investment. and to add other defensive effects in higher tier maps and activities.
thanks for more nerfs . now even more players will stop playing
UGH another league where I got to spend more time figuring out defenses than actually playing the game.
"
knutzi wrote:
only nerfs without any buffs elsewhere is really lazy and boring balancing.

there is nothing to explore or be excited for

I fully agree with this. The past few leagues there has been nothing new, nothing interesting. I've played at least 75% of possible builds in this game. I cannot make a new build that can compete with righteous fire. No other build could have decent damage while being very tanky without spending a lot of currency.
"
Raghin wrote:
~GGG~
Problem: Ward is niche

Solution: Slightly reduce cooldown and add new ward cooldown recovery

~Fact~
Problem: Ward doesn't let us invest into it from the tree or in any meaningful way outside of niche gear or Olroth's Resolve. Basetypes are standalone pieces.

Solution: Let us invest into ward from tree as an actual defense type instead of niche access. At least ward defense on jewels or clusters???

Personal Solution: Ward lasts x hits instead of bloody 1 hit wonder that could be removed from the tiniest sneeze of a weta.

It's legit still supporting the idea of THE BEST WAY TO NOT DIE IS TO NOT GET HIT OR KILL IT FIRST.

I like ward. I want to invest in ward. I don't want to lose an entire defensive layer every 1.45 (assuming all perfect rolls of 58%) - 4 seconds if a white mob looks at me the wrong way, or an enemy ball lightning hits me a single time out of x.

Ward Cluster Jewel is a sick idea.
Pretty sure between every Problem: and Solution: is a solid glasses push up the nose and a sloppy nasal clear.

Even the format of this thing feels like mocking.

Problem: Chaos orbs are approximately twice as easy to get as we would like.
Solution? Half the drop rate?
Nah...
Solution: Cut all player damage in half so they'll take twice as long to progress...also, purposefully ignoring all the side-effects of doing that beyond one stupid currency type.

Okay, sarcasm doesn't come across in text.

I'll say it plainly.

It seems more and more as time goes on that EVERY form of patch notes, manifestos, etc. that we get are so absurdly full of "we're right, the solutions we've come up with are the only valid ones and anything else you say is stupid".

It's honestly exhausting, and there's so many better uses of time than hoping a game that was great once ever comes close to that again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info