[3.25] 41+ million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

The Trickster version is going quite well:

Level 98 Trickster - 37.9 Million DPS, 171 eHP

"
lykhz09 wrote:
https://pobb.in/iob4mOfBn6zO

p.s. I have no idea how to get more DPS in this build

I'll take a look at this soon (if you haven't already figured it out).
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 16, 2024, 8:35:34 PM
Trickster or Pathfinder?

Up front, I don't know the answer to the question as because I'm enjoying the Trickster so much, I'm not sure I will get to the Pathfinder this league. What I can say is that the Trickster version of the build this league may be the most fun, most powerful version yet.

The reason for my enthusiasm is not just the free +2 Frenzy Charges from the Trickster ascendency - as good as that is - but it's the seemingly more effective defense and recovery options built into the class. The one downside is not getting permaflasks. However, with PConc of Bouncing being an on-hit skill and hitting 14 times(!), scaling Projectile damage and Critical Strike Chance allows the build to leverage the "25% Chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike" option in Flask Mastery. This gives slow, but reasonable flask charges against bosses - the one downside of losing permaflasks. While mapping, flasks are active as soon as you attack, and stay active until you stop. That includes the usually problematic low duration Dying Sun (which BTW matches the strengths of the build perfectly). It's beautiful.

The Trickster also is significantly tankier in actual play. I can't explain it with numbers alone, except to say I have died much less this league than almost any previous league, and I'm going to hit 100 without implementing any artificial leveling strategies. That has been impossible with the Pathfinder, as at 98+ the experience loss from regular deaths outpaced experience gain. The only way to get to 100 was via XP groups, 5-Ways (RIP), or targeted scarab strategies and extreme caution.

Finally, utilizing Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves and Unspeakable Gifts mod on a Cluster Jewel, gives absurd clear. I mean that. The pops are glorious, and clear entire screens regularly. Check out the this short video of a random Breach clear. That's an 8 mod, fully Scarab and Atlas juiced T16. ES and HP barely move.

I'm still tweaking and making improvements. I'll continue updating as I go.
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 21, 2024, 1:38:06 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
Trickster or Pathfinder?

Up front, I don't know the answer to the question as because I'm enjoying the Trickster so much, I'm not sure I will get to the Pathfinder this league. What I can say is that the Trickster version of the build this league may be the most fun, most powerful version yet.

The reason for my enthusiasm is not just the free +2 Frenzy Charges from the Trickster ascendency - as good as that is - but it's the seemingly more effective defense and recovery options built into the class. The one downside is not getting permaflasks. However, with PConc of Bouncing being an on-hit skill and hitting 14 times(!), scaling Projectile damage and Critical Strike Chance allows the build to leverage the "25% Chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike" option in Flask Mastery. This gives slow, but reasonable flask charges against bosses - the one downside of losing permaflasks. While mapping, flasks are active as soon as you attack, and stay active until you stop. That includes the usually problematic low duration Dying Sun (which BTW matches the strengths of the build perfectly). It's beautiful.

The Trickster also is significantly tankier in actual play. I can't explain it with numbers alone, except to say I have died much less this league than almost any previous league, and I'm going to hit 100 without implementing any artificial leveling strategies. That has been impossible with the Pathfinder, as at 98+ the experience loss from regular deaths outpaced experience gain. The only way to get to 100 was via XP groups, 5-Ways (RIP), or targeted scarab strategies and extreme caution.

Finally, utilizing Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves and Unspeakable Gifts mod on a Cluster Jewel, gives absurd clear. I mean that. The pops are glorious, and clear entire screens regularly. Check out the this short video of a random Breach clear. That's an 8 mod, fully Scarab and Atlas juiced T16. ES and HP barely move.

I'm still tweaking and making improvements. I'll continue updating as I go.

Been playing this build in Std since Oct 2022. GGG have done a lot to try and break the build but it’s still here.
I haven’t updated the build for 3.25 as I’m waiting for your final evaluation on Trickster vs Pathfinder. I’m also gun shy of fiddling with the build too much in case GGG change something next league that breaks the build again. When do you feel you will make a call on which class to go with ? In the meantime I’m going to go see if I can actually afford any of the gear I’d need to replace to keep the build alive. Thanks for keeping the build going in the face of all the changes GGG keep making. Obviously it’s one of my favourite builds and I’d like to keep it going 😀

On another note - what atlas passive tree strategies are you using with this build ?
Last edited by BowWizard on Aug 22, 2024, 9:23:43 AM
https://pobb.in/93Qnz6EkRd6gI think i am at the limit of what the build can do damage and defense wise. Dropping the default helm and malevolence dropped the dps a bit but the haste makes the build feel much smoother. Another upside is the shield too. I still need a GMP and a frenzy ring but other than that i dont know what else i can do other than get my character to level 100. Would love to get to DOT cap but as is i can not do lifetap since that skill alone drops my DPS by 33%. I think that the extra thief node gives a lot of damage but that is not possible to get with the pathfinder. Another thing is that i am not sure what kind of map mods are the most dangerous. i tend to stay away from Can regen or recover and temp chains.
Last edited by DevonX1 on Aug 25, 2024, 11:30:10 AM
"
DevonX1 wrote:
https://pobb.in/93Qnz6EkRd6gI think i am at the limit of what the build can do damage and defense wise. Dropping the default helm and malevolence dropped the dps a bit but the haste makes the build feel much smoother. Another upside is the shield too. I still need a GMP and a frenzy ring but other than that i dont know what else i can do other than get my character to level 100. Would love to get to DOT cap but as is i can not do lifetap since that skill alone drops my DPS by 33%. I think that the extra thief node gives a lot of damage but that is not possible to get with the pathfinder. Another thing is that i am not sure what kind of map mods are the most dangerous. i tend to stay away from Can regen or recover and temp chains.

There's actually quite a bit you can do still. I wouldn't have made that helm choice. Devouring Diadem has much more synergy (it's BiS for the Pathfinder IMO). Asenath's are good for clear, but Snakebites are better on the PF I think. You already get poison proliferation for free from the ascendency. You don't need more than Unspeakable Gifts on the cluster jewel for pops. You don't need the Diamond flask - that's for Trickster. Go back to Witchfire Brew, and swap to single corrupt (Temp Chains) Snakebites.

Without changing your passive tree, just those changes get you to 40 million+ DPS. You will have to fix your resistances, but there are nodes that help with that, which you'll have room for if you adjust the tree. You have dropped Unnatural Instinct and gone with Ghost Dance (which is not needed if you go back to the Diadem). The PF version still gets more from the jewel, I think.

You also don't get as much from Disciple of Unyielding as the Trickster, so I'd drop those four points and pick up Cloth and Chain for resists. You can probably save some more points by not taking the run of movespeed and Spell Suppression nodes that path through Intuition. We can pick up Spell Suppression elsewhere - possibly capping with a couple of tattoos (I'd have to build the PF myself to figure it out completely). People have been saying that it's not as important to cap Spell Suppression anymore, and that 80+ is good enough. I'm still capping it though.

At max level and with most of the right gear (as you have), I would consider going back to the normal Poisonous Concoction gem. From testing last league it has more punch at endgame, especially on bosses. The Trickster is different as it's much more of a hit-based build. It's a playstyle change though, so personal preference here.

Finally, you haven't gotten to perma flask, which I would argue is the single best thing about the PF version. Now, I haven't built the PF myself this league so take all of what I've said under advisement, but that is the direction I'd head if I did.
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 26, 2024, 1:06:09 AM
"
BowWizard wrote:
On another note - what atlas passive tree strategies are you using with this build ?

I don't do anything special. For leveling I'm using the strategy from this guy's YouTube. For normal play I just go Delve, Harbinger, and Ambush.
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 26, 2024, 1:03:28 AM
The damage part i can see but my build was struggling hard with one hit before i swapped out the DD for the helm im using now. since it steals all my energy shield it is hard to justify it over damage if i just die all the time. need a better way to get more defense against one hits. Did some of the changes that you suggested. the spell suppress things are way to expensive like 4 div per so that would be like 40 div for 10 sup. More dps and more EHP not sure why the dps is not more than 30 mill tho. not sure what i am missing. https://pobb.in/rxiJlm0Q9HuT trying that new fancy shield too if that can do anything to my build. another update with the armor that gave me even more damage. main problem is mana and defences rn
Last edited by DevonX1 on Aug 26, 2024, 4:05:26 PM
"
DevonX1 wrote:
main problem is mana and defences rn

I think the defense nerfs really hurt the PF version i.e. the change to Versatile Combatant particularly. The thing with that is, if we can get over 65 attack block, it then becomes a buff. Someone else playing the build got it there, so it's possible. That's what I was thinking of pursuing as well, no doubt at the expense of DPS, at least initially and possibly permanently.

Without the helm, you are going to have crippling mana issues. It's the piece that solved that for the build. The state of the cost of the +1 Frenzy rings is pretty tough, and that hurts defense as well, as the fewer Frenzy charges you have the fewer Endurance charges you "have". It also means fewer Affliction charges and so less DPS. It snowballs, as everything depends upon Frenzy charges.

All that to say... I expected it to be a tough nut to crack for the PF. Someone on the Discord linked their build a while back, and seemed to be progressing pretty well. You could take a look at what they did.
This is my build right now.https://pobb.in/HTQOkSGEpAWN i am not sure just yet how good survivability it got but the eHP is over 100k and i am DOT DPS capped at least. I have tested the spell trigger on the shield and i dont think it does too much. the defenses because it is lucky gives me a quite boost in effective block than any other shields alone it seems like but i loose stats on other stuff. Taking the mana reservation node on the right also makes it possible for me to also run malevolence too. Quite happy where i am right now but i still know there is other stuff that i can do to improve it like getting more health. fixed the missed frenzy charge lol.
Edit
Took some more life for the other 3 points that i saved from respeccing https://pobb.in/oP5n4j4RKsm9
Last edited by DevonX1 on Aug 27, 2024, 6:14:52 PM
Another update with better defenses https://pobb.in/4oHWUl8NfShr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info