[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

I'm trying this build now with a trans gem.
Currently I've just reached the white MAP and it doesn't look too bad.
I think the normal gem is faster to clear the MAP, but the trans gem seems to do more damage against single bosses.
In the end, I think the normal one is better for faster mapping because of the damage cap, but I think it's a viable option until then.
Above all, the sound of the flask cracking is pretty habit-forming.
so im currently leveling this. messing around with my own setup which is mostly just a dendrobite 4L and trash gear everywhere else.
clear is just better on the new version and single target is vastly better.
i feel people wrote off the new trans before even looking.
it will bounce on top of a single target if there is only that target essentially the bounces have smart targeting which means the 11 "chains" i have all bounce on 1 target. if there is multiple it bounces through the whole pack.
clear either way in a setup like this is 99% plague bearer cause why not plaguebearer is OP for that aspect.

i did a friends t16 ele reflect map at lvl 70 just out of campaign cause he didnt read ele reflect and yet i was able to handle it surprisingly well for having no gear at all.

the nice aspect i feel is because it has a static charge cost that means you can stack projectiles as much as you want and not need overflowing chalice once you get some passives.

it also has the added benefit of being able to be thrown and keeps bouncing for 1-2 seconds after as you run at times it feels like a brand on some bosses where its just chaining on top of them.
hi

I wanted to have a look at the build to see how it was designed, and I noticed something strange on the POB when I convert it from 3.23 to 3.24.

There would be only 4 mana not reserved but the spell would cost 45. How can this be? Is there something I've missed?

Thanks for the build and the answers
"
Helri wrote:
There would be only 4 mana not reserved but the spell would cost 45. How can this be? Is there something I've missed?

Look at the helmet :)
Playing with bouncing right now and I can tell why they nerfed it, damn thing just chase enemies and bosses aggressively instead of being "random", with fury valve you get 12 chains too.

Seems like its just a straight upgrade to the normal gem tbh, less charges consumed, higher damage from both the gem and amount of hits.
"
Nondice wrote:
Playing with bouncing right now and I can tell why they nerfed it, damn thing just chase enemies and bosses aggressively instead of being "random", with fury valve you get 12 chains too.

Seems like its just a straight upgrade to the normal gem tbh, less charges consumed, higher damage from both the gem and amount of hits.

I'd love to see a video of some of the gameplay.
I'm having a lot of trouble right now with mana on this build. I'm trying to finish out the pre-frenzy charges version of the build, and I just cant make the mana work.

I feel chained to my mana flask, but that's only if I DON'T run all the aura's you're suggesting. I'm dying to freeze without purity of elements, I'm going slow without haste.

Currently on the pob it doesn't actually show the mana working out either, im down to 40 after reservations and casting costs 43.

Anyways some help would be appreciated, before I start transitioning to frenzy charge version:

https://pobb.in/qGtP1FeTMDMk
Playing this with the new transfigured gem..maybe it's not as fast for farming, but I feel the gameplay is a lot better by just letting it bounce/chain around as you go through the map. Great for uptime on bosses and strong rares as well. Losing the LMB for wither step was pretty annoying but I just trigger it whenever I have plague running or on hard rares..only at T10 at the most atm with ease, granted I have diadem + really expensive amulet lol

Still waiting for my Enlighten to hit 3 so I can run another aura.

"
Caerulius wrote:
I'm having a lot of trouble right now with mana on this build. I'm trying to finish out the pre-frenzy charges version of the build, and I just cant make the mana work.

I feel chained to my mana flask, but that's only if I DON'T run all the aura's you're suggesting. I'm dying to freeze without purity of elements, I'm going slow without haste.

Currently on the pob it doesn't actually show the mana working out either, im down to 40 after reservations and casting costs 43.

Anyways some help would be appreciated, before I start transitioning to frenzy charge version:

https://pobb.in/qGtP1FeTMDMk

Probably could get rid of the vitality and clarity for a better aura. Diadem will solve your mana problems as well due to eldritch battery when you can get it.
Last edited by Minseok on Apr 5, 2024, 2:42:50 PM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
Nondice wrote:

I'd love to see a video of some of the gameplay.

I'm planning to run this as my next build maybe for mapping with some gentle touch gloves for explode clear, don't know if i can send a video though. There any major changes that need to be done on the tree or are we looking at a similar/same tree.
Okay I've had enough of the other dodgy, non-tanky PF builds. I'm coming back home. Will update with definite testing of the new gem in a bit.

UPDATE: I agree with Minseok - the new gem is great. It *feels* better than the normal gem - snappier and more responsive. One of the downsides of PConc was always the slight delay between when you threw and when the potions hit. The new bouncing mechanic seems to reduce that significantly. It also take a lot of pressure off aiming, which is a bonus for your hands.

Damage-wise it seems very similar. On bosses I suspect it's better as the potions all hit in a much tighter area (as they soft target the single mob - it's something to behold), guaranteeing a more consistent damage output.

All in all I'm sold. I'll know for sure once I get to the full build.

P.S. the loss of Withering Step has a silver lining. It means we can run Dash again without running into competing cooldowns. It's a big QoL addition. Also, thanks to my foray into another build, I discovered a new ring that can be swapped out in maps for a small loss of Chaos Resistance and stats, in return for a big gain in recovery (massive life on kill), damage (100%), and attack and move speed (+25%) through Adrenaline. I highly recommend it:

Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 9, 2024, 7:06:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info