Suffixes and Prefixes cannot be changed with Harvest crafting

i think the 4-5-6 mod bit is correct, most of the time when u do a suffix or prefix reforge with the kept part having 3 mods ur gonna get 1 new mod, and ull get 2 more times than ull get 3.

its the same if you just chaos items or loot them.
go try dont change suffix on vaal regalia and reforge more defense.

its just sad.
`Spent 2 mirrors on my build, but I'm only Level 98.` LOL
`From just quick sweep of your characters, toxic rain, golems .. sure, non meta... sure.` LOL
Last edited by LiMA6 on Mar 10, 2022, 3:10:23 AM
if ur trying to get a high es body armour thats the worst way to do it tho right?

i take it uve got something special on the suffix like a delve minion mod or something?

if so thats a brutal craft, i dont envy attempting it. you dont rly have any other option at that point but its pushing jam up a hill with a fork.
It´s just RNG, I´ve recrafted belts especially with that method and I definately hit good mods on it a few times, and I was surely not using 100 reforges. Eigher you are looking for a very specific mod combo with low weights and want double T1 or something, or u are trying to hit 3 good mods, which is also very unlikely as others have mentioned already, since there´s a bias of items to tend to have 4 mods rather than 5 or 6 so the odds of getting 2 strong mods is quite lower than you would guess based on the weighting alone.
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
that said, there are **TWELVE** tiers for flat es on belts. getting a tier3/2/1 roll, will be MUCH rarer than getting tier 9-12 because thats 300/1200 weighting.
An equal tier weighting on a given mod means you have an equal chance of getting t1 or t12 once you hit the mod. So you can retract on this as well. You seem to confuse mod weighting with tier weighting.
"
wengbeng wrote:
Hi i have a couple of items that i have been trying to complete for a couple of months now and it seems to be impossible.

Example: Crystal belt Shaper and Crusader influ
Using bench crafting suffixes cannot be changed and then harvest crafting defence mods more common.

I have soon had suffixes cannot be changed 100 times on it and i only get shit tiers or only 1 defence mod every time.

When i don't have suffixes cannot be changed on a belt i get decent tiers and much more often 2-3 defence mods.

So my question is does suffixes and prefixes cannot be changed lower the chance to get higher tiers and more mods?

Not RNG, it's coded to only have one <stat tag> when you reroll with reforge with the reforge - modifier of the selected type are more common. It will only (90% of the time) add to the item a single mod of the <stat tag>.

It's balanced like a 3 legged donkey. There's so many tiers for each mods for the mechanic to pick that change to get something interesting is so low, it makes the whole experience uselessly frustrating. I had the same issue with my Shield Crush Berserker, blew almost 200ex to get a decent Defense on a shield. That on top of wasting two weeks farming harvest to get a reforge prefix/keep suffix after harvest decided to fill all my prefixes with crappy tier defense mods.

Last edited by Silverpelt on Mar 10, 2022, 7:23:45 AM
the number of affixes being rarer for more is true or +2 minion wands would be very easy to roll (or easier, 1/3 rather than 1/12)
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
the number of affixes being rarer for more is true or +2 minion wands would be very easy to roll (or easier, 1/3 rather than 1/12)
There's mod weighting going on. Some mods are just rarer. But that's already known for a long time and no secret at all. Tier weighting, on the other hand, would be new afaik.
Last edited by MagicalHacker on Mar 10, 2022, 9:37:46 AM
tier weighting has existed for a very long time.

Isn't that different tier weighting just limited to the item level and doesn't matter once you use the proper ilvl? In that case, it wouldn't matter in crafting at all if you get serious about it and use the correct item level.

After checking out Craft of Exile, different tier weighting seems to be a thing too for some mods.
Last edited by MagicalHacker on Mar 10, 2022, 10:11:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info