[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

"
ressiv wrote:

In some other post you mentioned that it could boost my damage a bit though?

Temporal chains has "Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower" which acts as a "more" duration for your poisons. Your dps will ramp a bit faster but assassin poison duration is very long anyway. Occultist poison bf/bb usually runs temp chains to extend poison duration because the duration is quite low without assassin's ascendancy.
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

In some other post you mentioned that it could boost my damage a bit though?

Temporal chains has "Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower" which acts as a "more" duration for your poisons. Your dps will ramp a bit faster but assassin poison duration is very long anyway. Occultist poison bf/bb usually runs temp chains to extend poison duration because the duration is quite low without assassin's ascendancy.

Hmm ok, in that case the trade off is really to big. Dying a lot more, 400hp makes a big difference against those one shots.
Gonna try to get 100% ailment immunity on items now.

Helm master craft 20-25%, thick skin on tree 20%, shaper boots with up to 35% or master craft gloves 21-25%
And then chest master craft 20-30% or arcane swiftness 20% on tree.
I can also take both here and leave my boots and gloves as they are. I would be at 95% though, kinda sucks I guess.

What do you think would be the cheapest/smartest way to do it (arcane swiftness on tree obviously is the cheapest)? Shaper boots probably gonna be expense to roll it on with decent stats?

I have a spare 6L evasion chest to roll but without 3% MS. Currently no extra pare of gloves to roll.
Not sure if I want to destroy my current gloves for it.

Just noticed I can also reroll my shield with 20-23%.

I am well into red maps doing T16 and fighting bosses, so I think it's time to get the ailment immune as you mentioned. Is it only to drop freeze immune from flask? Is it worth it in softcore?
Last edited by ressiv on Jul 9, 2021, 8:31:29 AM
If you happen to have small cluster jewels with "chance to Dodge Attack Hits" base - you can roll "Elegant Form" notable there(30% avoid). Easy to roll, no ilvl requirements, you just need dodge base.
Two of thouse + arcane swiftness + thick skin wheel will grant you exactly 100% and you can use any gear you want.
"
beksalted wrote:
If you happen to have small cluster jewels with "chance to Dodge Attack Hits" base - you can roll "Elegant Form" notable there(30% avoid). Easy to roll, no ilvl requirements, you just need dodge base.
Two of thouse + arcane swiftness + thick skin wheel will grant you exactly 100% and you can use any gear you want.

Hmm, the tree on this build is really close to crystal skin cluster (50% ailment avoid plus some allres/maxres for 6 points), which is a usually a better use than 6 points for two elegant form cluster jewels.

@ressiv the crystal skin cluster (5% ailment avoid for 2 points; 50% ailment avoid for 6 points) or elemental focus (10% ailment avoid for 2 points) are options. If you don't want to recraft all your gear, just take crystal skin+elemental focus and see if you feel the difference. If you like it, you can work to get ailment avoid on gear.

Ailment avoid for freeze/chill is nice, but shock is also pretty big (especially since shocked ground is everywhere). A lot of times when people think they get "one shotted" they actually get shocked and then chunked down. Ignite is a bit more rare but still nice to ignore.
Last edited by efun on Jul 9, 2021, 4:18:49 PM
Very fun on console like the fact i dont have to trade but.... I can so... What items should i buy? Was thinking kintsugi for body? Basically if you could trade what would be desirable and any early map gear would be appreciated knowledge

Feel free to quote

Last edited by Cchris07 on Jul 11, 2021, 3:32:43 PM

Crafted the chest, tried to get 30% but it just wouldn't do it lol
I could drop the avoid craft on the helm for cold+chaos upping my chaos res again
Together with crystal skin and thick skin I'm at 99%
Dropped freeze on flask for 12% ias, feels good and makes up for the lost ias from Force Shaper.

Will go for 30% on this chest and then try to get rich to craft good items with avoid on them so I can switch to more life nodes again. Currently at 5.1k life, not bad at all though.
"
Cchris07 wrote:
Very fun on console like the fact i dont have to trade but.... I can so... What items should i buy? Was thinking kintsugi for body? Basically if you could trade what would be desirable and any early map gear would be appreciated knowledge

Hmm, most best-in-slot items are rares. For example a 6L rare chest with high life would be better than kintsugi (this build gets hit enough that even wind dancer is kind of a meme). I guess it's hard to search for rares on console? There are many good influenced modifiers on chests (described in the guide) that are better than uniques. Dendrobate is good for DPS but you miss out on a ton of life from chest.

Mortem Morsu or Wasp Nest are solid claws for early maps (Bino's Kitchen Knife is also nice - higher crit but lower attack speed). Atziri's step are always solid boots, just so many better rares out there now. Can't think of any other gear slots that wouldn't be better with a decent rare (which are all described in the guide).
"
ressiv wrote:

Will go for 30% on this chest and then try to get rich to craft good items with avoid on them so I can switch to more life nodes again. Currently at 5.1k life, not bad at all though.

Aaaaaah yeah I realized in SSF I should use bindings instead of alchs for maps, and save all my alchs for rolling 30% ailment avoid on chest lol. If you don't need the cold/chaos I would slap ailment avoid on the helm since it will make you ignore chilled and shocked ground (99% is useless against those).

I think 5k life is solid. Highest I've hit was around 6.1k but went down to 5.2k on the higher DPS trade league version and it feels fine.
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

Aaaaaah yeah I realized in SSF I should use bindings instead of alchs for maps, and save all my alchs for rolling 30% ailment avoid on chest lol. If you don't need the cold/chaos I would slap ailment avoid on the helm since it will make you ignore chilled and shocked ground (99% is useless against those).

I think 5k life is solid. Highest I've hit was around 6.1k but went down to 5.2k on the higher DPS trade league version and it feels fine.

Oh wow good point, then I should definitely go for 100%!
Edit: took me 6 more tries to get 30%, finally at 100% avoid lol
Last edited by ressiv on Jul 13, 2021, 3:03:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info